Thread: Changing difficulty level of current game?

Default Changing difficulty level of current game?

Hi everyone,

A couple of weeks ago I began a Romani campaign on VH/VH, without realising that VH battles can be outrageously unbalanced. Even with a full stack army I can't attack a city defended by 10 average infantry units, I have to wait for them to sally. And even then my Triarii still get dominated by heavy peltasts and levies.

So, I was hoping that there is some way for me to change the battle difficulty to medium, without beginning a new campaign entirely. Do I hope in vain? If anyone can help me on this, it would be really appreciated.

Thanks.

Default Re: Changing difficulty level of current game?

I don't think you can, but it would be cool if you could
    Balloon-Count: x 15

Many thanks to Hooahguy for this great sig.

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

You cannot change difficulty level in the middle of a campaign normally.

You can download a savegame editor that will allow you to do that. However they often corrupt the savegame, especially if it is a mod savegame. I believe the savegame editor is called "RomeSage".

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus View Post
    You cannot change difficulty level in the middle of a campaign normally.

You can download a savegame editor that will allow you to do that. However they often corrupt the savegame, especially if it is a mod savegame. I believe the savegame editor is called "RomeSage".
    Just to say I just used RomeSage to change the battle difficulty level of an alex.exe steam install of EB. This is only turn 20/30. 2 turns after the chaging of difficulty and there don't seem to be any problem. Does it mean I'm safe or can a corrupted savegame work for a few turns before the trouble appears ?

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If the game can read the save file, presumably nothing has been corrupted. No guarantees, but I think you are good.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Quote Originally Posted by Ludens View Post
    If the game can read the save file, presumably nothing has been corrupted. No guarantees, but I think you are good.
    Good news :-) Maybe it's becayuse I just changed the battle difficulty, so it doesn't mess with the campaign values.