Thread: The I need to vent thread

Default The I need to vent thread

Hopefully this won't get locked, but i really need to vent. I'll be lucky to get a C on this exam I just studied for ass for. Lucky should really should be stressed. Schoolwork really ****** me off sometimes especially because I have little room for error in most of classes.

Edit:

This thread isn't just about me. Feel free to post anything you need to vent.
    Last edited by Ice; 03-30-2009 at 17:17.

Blog Entries

Default Re: The I need to vent thread

Woah, deja vu. I posted another thread like this today on the same topic. I'll just copypasta what I said.

Ok, so I go for lunch today and decide to have a baguette. £2 for a baguette, complete with turkey, salad mayo etc isn't bad, especially when you consider it's freshly made. So, I patiently wait in the queue for my sandwich for about five minutes. Then, aware that I speak quickly and have a tendency to mumble, I slowly and clearly, but not patronisingly, explain to the woman at the counter what I want.
    "Can I have a Turkey, Mayo and Tomato baguette please?"
    She then pauses and replies hesitatingly
    "Uh, Turkey, Mayo and Tomato?"
    "Yes."
    She then spreads the mayo on the sandwich and puts the turkey on while I pay. Lo and behold, when I get my sandwich, I find that it is covered with lettuce. Now, I dislike lettuce, quite a lot. Which is why I did not order it. But, for some reason, I have lettuce on my sandwich. And I'm pissed off. Not because I have lettuce on my sandwich, but because I explained what I wanted, extra carefully, and then repeated it to confirm, and yet she still comes up with the notion that I want goddamn lettuce on my goddamn sandwich!

Alas, due to it now being inedible, I threw it in the bin. So, I'm two quid out of pocket, and with an empty belly.

yay

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Relic online is updating, so i cant play CoH right now. so i boot up ETW and get whipped by some guy on MP. i killed 63 of his guys. he killed over 500. i hate TW MP!
    yes, i suck at MP.
    Last edited by Hooahguy; 03-30-2009 at 17:41.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

I can never seem to have enough money. Im always broke and Im sick of it.
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Vermonter and Seperatist Member Uesugi Kenshin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Subotan View Post
    Woah, deja vu. I posted another thread like this today on the same topic. I'll just copypasta what I said.

Ok, so I go for lunch today and decide to have a baguette. £2 for a baguette, complete with turkey, salad mayo etc isn't bad, especially when you consider it's freshly made. So, I patiently wait in the queue for my sandwich for about five minutes. Then, aware that I speak quickly and have a tendency to mumble, I slowly and clearly, but not patronisingly, explain to the woman at the counter what I want.
    "Can I have a Turkey, Mayo and Tomato baguette please?"
    She then pauses and replies hesitatingly
    "Uh, Turkey, Mayo and Tomato?"
    "Yes."
    She then spreads the mayo on the sandwich and puts the turkey on while I pay. Lo and behold, when I get my sandwich, I find that it is covered with lettuce. Now, I dislike lettuce, quite a lot. Which is why I did not order it. But, for some reason, I have lettuce on my sandwich. And I'm pissed off. Not because I have lettuce on my sandwich, but because I explained what I wanted, extra carefully, and then repeated it to confirm, and yet she still comes up with the notion that I want goddamn lettuce on my goddamn sandwich!

Alas, due to it now being inedible, I threw it in the bin. So, I'm two quid out of pocket, and with an empty belly.

yay
    Dude you should have just removed the lettuce, or brought it to her attention. She should have asked if you wanted lettuce when she made the sandwich, but since it is sort of convention to put lettuce on sandwiches you should either make a point of saying "No lettuce please" or say "Could I have just turkey mayo and tomato on a baguette please?" I know it seems stupid, but well the world is kinda stupid.

Plus Cheddar, roast beef, honey mustard and lettuce is so much better.

To vent: I never should have procrastinated my two papers which are due tomorrow. I'm an idiot....
    Last edited by Uesugi Kenshin; 03-30-2009 at 20:41.
    "A man's dying is more his survivor's affair than his own."
    C.S. Lewis

"So many people tiptoe through life, so carefully, to arrive, safely, at death."
    Jermaine Evans

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

I am not allowed to brutally murder the management of the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority. If I was, I would be a happy man.

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

18 credit hours is waaaaaaay too much for one semester, especially when trying to lose weight, develop an adequate social life, working, and... uh. Ergh, it happened again, my brain just stopped working on me.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Senior member Senior Member Dutch_guy's Avatar

I need to get up at 5 in the morning tomorrow, and this is supposed to be my week off.

I'm an athiest. I get offended everytime I see a cold, empty room. - MRD

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

http://www.fmylife.com/

"Today, I was walking downtown when a group of teens asked me for directions to the local church. Being a priest I was happy to take them. In my sermon I mentioned them and how anyone can find their way to Jesus. Later I noticed I was missing cash. They had pickpocketed my wallet. FML"

and more.
    Last edited by Fragony; 03-30-2009 at 22:14.

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post

"Today, I was walking downtown when a group of teens asked me for directions to the local church. Being a priest I was happy to take them. In my sermon I mentioned them and how anyone can find their way to Jesus. Later I noticed I was missing cash. They had pickpocketed my wallet. FML"

and more.
    was that you who was pickpocketed?
    Last edited by Hooahguy; 03-30-2009 at 22:15.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post

and more.

That sites priceless!

Today, I was at work, about to go to lunch. There were some girl scouts out front selling cookies. I told my manager that I would be using a different exit, and when he asked why, I told him that girl scouts really annoy the crap out of me. The girl scouts out front were his daughters. FML

Today, I had to go to my son's school for career day, I explained what a banker does and then I asked if anyone had a question, one boy raised his hand and asked "When are all the cool parents gonna come?" FML

"A lamb goes to the slaughter but a man, he knows when to walk away."

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hooahguy View Post
    was that you who was pickpocketed?
    Yes that site is really my diary

That sites priceless!

So many tragedies
    Last edited by Fragony; 03-31-2009 at 00:15.

yes, that site RULES! i even posted one of my own, but idk where it went.
    mine was,

my friend told me the wrong chapter to study for Chemistry. i got one question right. FML
    Last edited by Hooahguy; 03-31-2009 at 00:34.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Russia/Europe in the summer, Florida rest of the time

Thumbs up Re: The I need to vent thread

Quote Originally Posted by hooahguy View Post
    yes, that site RULES!
    Agreed. Reading it now.

Wow. I wish all women were so sensible and practical... Then again, the ring probably cost more, so selling it would have made more sense. On the other hand, one does not sell such present. So hard-drive was a perfect choice.

Today, I was at my boyfriends house and we were having sex. He has a game on in the background and one of his friends started talking to him. He immediately threw me off and said "I have to answer this." He went over to his computer and started talking to them. FML

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Today, I was talking to my 81-year-old widowed grandmother on the phone, and she told me she was giving up sex for lent. Not only do I now have a vision of my grandmother having sex, I am reminded that she is having more sex than me. FML

It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Russia/Europe in the summer, Florida rest of the time

Hehe, I have seen so many amusing and true ROFL ones that I have decided that I cannot post them.

That made me feel better

Senior Member Senior Member naut's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shinseikhaan View Post
    18 credit hours is waaaaaaay too much for one semester, especially when trying to lose weight, develop an adequate social life, working, and... uh. Ergh, it happened again, my brain just stopped working on me.
    18 credit hours? I wish I had 18, got 24. Working while at Uni is a strain though, decided not to this semester, I'll have no money come next semester, but whatever.
    #Hillary4prism

BD:TW

Some piously affirm: "The truth is such and such. I know! I see!"
    And hold that everything depends upon having the “right” religion.
    But when one really knows, one has no need of religion. - Mahavyuha Sutra

Freedom necessarily involves risk. - Alan Watts

my grade is doing the following for our grade tshirts this year:
    on the front: i am a student at [insert name of my hich school]
    on the back: FML

its genius!
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

WWIII is going to break out soon. I am depressed.
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    18 credit hours? I wish I had 18, got 24. Working while at Uni is a strain though, decided not to this semester, I'll have no money come next semester, but whatever.
    Perhaps it's different in the UK because I've never heard of anyone taking more than 21 credits which you would have to be an idiot to do.

Anywhere from 12-18 is the norm.

Ranting madman of the .org Senior Member Fly Shoot Champion, Helicopter Champion, Pedestrian Killer Champion, Sharpshooter Champion, NFS Underground Champion Rhyfelwyr's Avatar

At my Uni we need to get 120 course credits per year (six blocks of 20 credit courses, 3 per semester), so I presume the UK must have a different system.
    At the end of the day politics is just trash compared to the Gospel.

Today, I received my passport in the mail. They got my birthdate wrong. Then I picked up my birth certificate that I had sent in with the application. Turns out my parents have been celebrating my birthday on the wrong day for 16 years. FML
    Probably my favorite. My vent atm is that I got a C+ on a math test (part A) that I studied amazingly hard for, then aced part B without studying. What the heck? Could be worse, but whatever.