Thread: Getai and Governance

Default Getai and Governance

Hey peeps, some of you may remember my problem about managing my cities. I sort of solved the problem but then found that it started to come back with a vengeance. The cities I own are getting REALLY out of control with the Sabaean ones revolting unless the client ruler has at least 4 Influence. It's just as bad with the former Ptolemaic lands but at least they're relatively close to each other. Rome is getting to be pretty bad though not to the extent of the eastern empires.

Attached here is a rar of my save, if anyone can look it over and give me some suggestions that would be helpful.

Also, when capturing a city, what should I demolish? I generally demolish all recruit centers except for the ones I can use, the governments, and things like Latifunda which would otherwise make my population boom too much. Should I just demolish the entire city and build from the bottom up?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Conquering the world with the Getai

From Aurgelmir

Blog Entries

Default Re: Getai and Governance

Move your Capital.
    Oh and by the way If you have client rulers recruit a new one when they are around 55, so when the old one dies you have a new one which is already experienced.
    But Level 4 governments cant have the highest temple stage and other unrest reducing buildings, which makes them extremly hard to controll, when they get bigger, so keep them small.
    And whatever you are doing just take the best temple which raises Happiness and Law.
    By the way the sabean townes are really bothering me too in my romani campain. Just cant ceep them satisfied

Cripes, I'm starting to think I should pull out of the Sabaean lands to save myself from the torture of keeping them under control. Even when I reduce the pop to 400, a full stack (without a leader) can't even bring them to blue level.

From Aurgelmir

Misanthropos Member I of the Storm's Avatar

Get outta there. You don't need them for your victory conditions do you? So just destroy the Sab'yn, and leave Arabia.

Bah! I will be a conqueror! I'll see my enemies driven before me!
    Talking about conquest, has anyone realized how fun it is using 2+ groups of phalangites on a bridge? (not a natural one). I killed a force of 4000+ romans with 3 groups, all you do is line them right next to the bridge so that the enemy runs a gauntlet.

From Aurgelmir

Phalangites????
    You're Getai, man! Dolts with sticks have no place in your armies!
    Make them run the gauntlet of falxes, a proper weapon for a true warrior.

I is da bestest at grammar Member Strategos Alexandros's Avatar

I rest my case, your honour.
    - my first balloon, from Mouzafphaerre
    - LS balloon

Modo Egredior
    https://www.perseus.tufts.edu/cgi-bi...ookup=Plb.+toc <- read this!
    "Do you know what's worth fighting for?
    When it's not worth dying for?"

That's "Chopper" to you, bub. Member DaciaJC's Avatar

I'm sorry, but those are true spears, as opposed to the twig-like sticks you laud as "sarissas".

Case is awarded to the opposition.
    + =

3x for this, this, and this