Thread: Culture of a client ruler

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Culture of a client ruler

I have just conquered Edessa in my Armenian campaign and decided to make it an allied kingdom. I can choose between Hellenistic and Eastern General (who if I am not mistaken) will become the ruler.

Is there any difference beside the quality of his bodyguards? I mean on the strategy map, like say an Eastern ruler will increase cultural shift, but cause (temporarily?) more unrest? Or anything else?

Default Re: Culture of a client ruler

No.

The first round of the tournament has started. Who's going to prevail?

Gladius or Sarissa, Scutum or Aspis?

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

The only difference is the battlemap bodyguard.

Ok, thanks :-)

How about his loyalty? Isn't an Eastern one more loyal since he shares cutlure with his oh so mighty overlord?

Edit: hm the only difference is the battlemap bodyguard. A slow writer I am. The second question still stands, though :-)

And while I am at it, is there any chance that a client ruler rebels? If yes, how does it happen? What are the conditions?
    Last edited by Cortex; 03-31-2009 at 21:16.

No and no.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickTheGreek View Post
    "Dahae always ride single file to hid their numbers, these tracks are side by side. And these arrow wounds, too accurate for Dahae, only Pahlavi Zradha Shivatir are so precise..."
    <-- My "From Basileion to Arche - A Makedonian AAR" Memorial Balloon.

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Culture of a client ruler

Quote Originally Posted by Cortex View Post
    And while I am at it, is there any chance that a client ruler rebels? If yes, how does it happen? What are the conditions?
    There is no way to make characters rebel in R:TW without using shadow factions. The EB team cannot do this, so they cannot rebel. Disloyal characters will be more easy to bribe and more likely to develop money-draining traits, though.

I am not sure about loyalty, but I suspect that it will be the same.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Duly noted. Thank you both.

As with the being more likely to be bribed - has the AI bribed your generals or family members in you campaigns? Or even whole settlements? Is it something that I should keep in mind? Do they try to bribe only neighbouring regions or have you seen a settlement (an army) in the middle of you territory defect to the dark side of the moon?

It happens sometimes, but it's very rare. I only noticed some small armies being bribed by the enemy. Though I have seen enemy diplomats do something next to my characters/settlements (that animation of diplomat on campaign map when he enters the diplomatic scroll). I'm pretty sure that they are trying to bribe and it's the earliest sign that the faction is preparing to wage war against you.