Thread: Making officers appear with built buildings

Bassist, God and Modder Member Thor the Bassist's Avatar

Default Making officers appear with built buildings

After thinking about this one for a while I recon its impossible but I wanna throw it out to the community. On the METW lists there are some buildings to be created which are cool (dark socery tower for instance) but would normally create hero type units. I recon heroes aren't great for the RTW engine so was wondering if, after the tower was built, it would be possible to have new units built with shamans attached. Of course if I have to I will create single hero units but seeing as these units would be more related to morale than super-powers it would be beneficial to have them automatically placed with standard units.

Thoughts?

Building for the Future of METW

Finder of Little Oddities Senior Member Makanyane's Avatar

Default Re: Making officers appear with built buildings

I can't think of an RTW EDU function that would act like having a 'shaman' attached.... things can come with an officer but unit stat's abilities apply to the whole unit. If you give things druid / warcry attribute the whole lot is effected by the animations / sounds

The 'command' function that's used for the Eagle bearing units in roman factions is one possibility to adapt as that has a morale factor attached, so you could have your new building recruit the 'eagle' equipped version of the unit (old one wouldn't upgrade to it though)

Using them to give traits /ancillaries to generals stationed would be the more conventional approach.
    Not used mods before? Looking for something small and fun?!
    Download the:

That sounds like a good idea. Maybe a simple morale bonus might be in order.

What you could do is create an entirely separate unit that is recruited from those special buildings then give it that officer special officer model. In this case it would be just like any other Officer you add to a unit. However, as it would be a separate unit you can give it whatever stats you like to reflect that uber-person being in the unit. Now that I re-read Makanyane's post I see that is her basic idea in her second paragraph...

The downside to this is that the unit would not be retrainable in a regular barrack, but only at the special building.
    Last edited by SubRosa; 04-01-2009 at 22:48.
    There are never enough hours in the days of a Queen, and her nights have too many...

ATW Version 2.5 is now out!

Yeah - sounds like lots of copy and paste coding!!!