Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advice For All Factions.

Member Member the man with no name's Avatar

Default Advice For All Factions.

I thought it would be helpful to all of us who need to know strategies for factions we've never played before. Plz. add to this thread it's open 2 anyone that has ideas to offer. Great idea eh? I myself am considering offering an Aedui strategie Or a Quarthadastim one.
    Last edited by the man with no name; 04-03-2009 at 02:08.
    My balloons:

Quote Originally Posted by gamegeek2 View Post

Steppe battles are very long, but the wars are short.

Infantry battles aren't as long, but the wars are much longer.

-gamegeek2
    Campaigns completed: Vanilla Julii

Default Re: Advice For All Factions.

AEDUI
    It's kind of obvious what 2 do first. BLOW UP THE DAMN ARVERNI!!! Go for Viennos first as this will sever their trade. Then take your main force to Gergovia and starve them out. While ur doing that send Vortigern (ur starting Diplomat) to make peace with the Romans. They might stab you in the back though.Then before they sally attack. Just trust me on this one. Fight well with the 6 seige towers you should of made and capture all towers that could interfere with your assault by shooting at ur men. Take city. Then do the same to Vesontio except that you should build 4 rams instead if they didn't build big wall. If they did then make 6 siege towers. This time attack though if you want to save time. If not starve them out. Then attack and win! If ur lucky Galatia won't rebel to the Arverni. If it does then at least they're out of the way. What i did then is take Masailia. Good port city = lots of trade. Then take Bononia if the Romans haven't already because if they haven't taken it, it will be weakened. Then take Patavium. If the romans haven't atttacked you yet GO TO WAR WITH THEM SO U CAN KICK THIER ARSES. I suggest going down the peninsula taking each city. From then unite the Gallic tribes and it really doesn't matter in which order just be ready in case the the the Sweboz attack if it's 260-255 Be ready for Sweboz. Then you should take your Iberian objective again in order of closest to Bibracte. Then finally prepare a big invasion force to take and hold Calmusadae (How do u spell it?) and Ictis.
    THEN CONQUER THE WORLD, MWHAHAHAHAHAHA.
    Last edited by the man with no name; 05-02-2009 at 04:55.
    My balloons:

-gamegeek2

Unoffical PBM recruiter person Member /Bean\'s Avatar

I'm sorry, but your idea of a guide is pretty shabby. All I got from that was:

-Start game with Aedui
    -Destroy Arverni
    -Capture everything
    -Destroy Romans
    -Destroy world

That's not much of a guide. I could have written that, and I've never played the Aedui.

If you want a guide to making a faction guide, Frogbeasteggs are always pretty good. She writes and encourages others to write them for the RTW Vanilla factions.
    Last edited by /Bean\; 04-26-2009 at 21:03.
    =========================================
    Look out for the upcoming Warriors of the La Tene PBM, a new style of interactive EB gaming rising from the ashes of BtSH and WotB!
    ========================================================
    + =
    [/CENTER]

Satalextos Basileus Seron Member satalexton's Avatar

actually i found that quite fine, especially the destroy romans bit. But it would prefer if the word Aedui be replaced with Makedonia

"ΜΗΔΕΝ ΕΩΡΑΚΕΝΑΙ ΦΟΒΕΡΩΤΕΡΟΝ ΚΑΙ ΔΕΙΝΟΤΕΡΟΝ ΦΑΛΑΓΓΟΣ ΜΑΚΕΔΟΝΙΚΗΣ" -Lucius Aemilius Paullus

Bah! Touche...
    Look out for the upcoming Warriors of the La Tene PBM, a new style of interactive EB gaming rising from the ashes of BtSH and WotB!
    + =
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Beanerz View Post

-Start game with Aedui
    -Destroy Arverni
    -Capture everything
    -Destroy Romans
    -Destroy world

That's not much of a guide. I could have written that, and I've never played the Aedui.

If you want a guide to making a faction guide, Frogbeasteggs are always pretty good. He writes and encourages others to write them for the RTW Vanilla factions.
    Thats not very nice Also you couldn't have if you have never seen their victory conditions.
    Last edited by the man with no name; 04-21-2009 at 13:03.
    My balloons:

-gamegeek2

Symbasileus ton Rhomaioktonon Member Maion Maroneios's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by satalexton View Post
    actually i found that quite fine, especially the destroy romans bit. But it would prefer if the word Aedui be replaced with Makedonia
    Agreed. Actually, do you remember the Brennus description of him sacking Barbaropolis? Something about the polis stinking? Mightly lols

Maion
    ~Maion

Captain of Team Awesome Member Ignopotens's Avatar

Getai:

Option 1:
    - Disband cavalry units and some infantry (not the Light Phalanx, though, they're you're only line-holders for a little while)
    - Combine the 2 armies, leave 1 FM behind in Buridava, with taxes at max
    - Spend all your money on buildings (I like to build roads, the next MIC, and farms)
    - Head North and conquer Sarmiszegethusza (might run into rebels on the way, easy to beat, though)
    - Disband most of your army, especially anything that you can recruit with the new MIC you're building in Buridava.
    - Wait until you're no longer in the negative, money-wise
    - build army again and head over and take Kallatis
    - Again disband most of the army, and wait until you have plenty of money, while upgrading MIC's and building whatever else suits you. You should be in a pretty good situation by now, about 10 years in, with a solid economic base and good units available
    - Decide which way to expand, if South, pick a Greek faction to fight and ally yourself with the others

Option 2:
    - Same as Option 1, but take Kallatis first, don't disband, and head straight to Sarmisz, then disband and wait for the economy to sort itself out.
    The Lord of Fire

Vicious Celt Warlord Member Celtic_Punk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maion Maroneios View Post
    Agreed. Actually, do you remember the Brennus description of him sacking Barbaropolis? Something about the polis stinking? Mightly lols

Maion
    We invented soap. you greasy, oily greeks.

with your rough pebbly tongues!
    Last edited by Celtic_Punk; 04-24-2009 at 10:10.
    'Who Dares WINS!' - SAS
    "The republic stands for truth and honour. For all that is noblest in our race. By truth and honour, principle and sacrifice alone will Ireland be free."-Liam Mellows

Who knows? If it's a enough day we may all end up Generals!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ignopotens View Post
    Getai:

Option 1:
    - Disband cavalry units and some infantry (not the Light Phalanx, though, they're you're only line-holders for a little while)
    - Spend all your money on buildings (I like to build roads, the next MIC, and farms)
    - Head North and conquer Sarmiszegethusza (might run into rebels on the way, easy to beat, though)
    - Disband most of your army, especially anything that you can recruit with the new MIC you're building in Buridava.
    - Again disband most of the army, and wait until you have plenty of money, while upgrading MIC's and building whatever else suits you. You should be in a pretty good situation by now, about 10 years in, with a solid economic base and good units available
    - Decide which way to expand, if South, pick a Greek faction to fight and ally yourself with the others

Option 2:
    - Same as Option 1, but take Kallatis first, don't disband, and head straight to Sarmisz, then disband and wait for the economy to sort itself out.
    THANK YOU THANK U THANK U.
    My balloons:

-gamegeek2

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_Punk View Post
    We invented soap. you greasy, oily greeks.

with your rough pebbly tongues!
    Dude, we actually bathe in hot water, steam baths and use scented oils. Not just olive oil and stlengidai (the tool used to scrap off oil and dirt from skin). And your soaps suck big-time, for if it didn't, we would have used it too

Maion
    ~Maion

quite true, unlike the soap we use nowadays, that stuff bleaches your hair and do nasty things to the skin if left there for too long..and it gives you cancer.

the only real way for a barbaroi to be cleaned is to be stabbed by a sarissae.

"ΜΗΔΕΝ ΕΩΡΑΚΕΝΑΙ ΦΟΒΕΡΩΤΕΡΟΝ ΚΑΙ ΔΕΙΝΟΤΕΡΟΝ ΦΑΛΑΓΓΟΣ ΜΑΚΕΔΟΝΙΚΗΣ" -Lucius Aemilius Paullus

Quote Originally Posted by the man with no name View Post
    Thats not very nice Also you couldn't have if you have never seen their victory conditions.
    I'm not trying to be mean. I'm simply trying to make these guides worthwhile and useful to those who want to use them. As I said before, Frogbeasteggs are pretty good startpoints. Some of the people who answer her posts are very detailed guide writers, and you should take some tips from there.

And I really could have written that. I don't know any faction victory conditions off by heart, and none of the barbarian ones because I don't ever play them. I'll take a stab at the Sweboz:

-Start game with Sweboz
    -Destroy Arverni and Aedui
    -Capture everything
    -Destroy Romans
    -Destroy world

Oh look, that seems similar...
    Last edited by /Bean\; 04-26-2009 at 21:03.
    + =
    [/CENTER]

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Sorry to sound pedantic Beanerz, but I'm pretty sure Frogbeastegg is a she.

My bad, force of habit. I'll edit. Thank you.
    + =
    [/CENTER]

Strategos Autokrator Member Vasiliyi's Avatar

Hey beanerz, i was wondering if you could explain your sig.. Romani+Mak=Bartix??? Not getting it. Am I missing something?

4x
    1x

Slixpoitation Member A Very Super Market's Avatar
    Vancouver, BC, Canada, North America, Terra, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe

Search bartix on google.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    WELCOME TO AVSM
    Cool store, bro! I want some ham.
    No ham, pepsi.
    They make deli slices of frozen pepsi now? Awesome!
    You also need to purchase a small freezer for storage of your pepsi.
    It runs on batteries. You'll need a few.
    Uhh, I guess I won't have pepsi then. Do you have change for a twenty?
    You can sift through the penny jar
    ALL WILL BE CONTINUED

- Proud Horseman of the Presence

Quote Originally Posted by Ignopotens View Post
    Getai:

Option 1:

Option 2:
    Option 3: For those who don't mind fights at big odds...

Firstly, take the faction leader (plus any troops in your only city) and swap him for the Northern Army FM, who shall stay in your city. Head North, hire some Galatians mercs. Take the Eastern Army and head East. Set taxes to low (for city growth).

VERY IMPORTANT: Now send your diplomat towards Pella. End turn.

At start of turn 2, check graph to see how much cash Macedon has. Ask for something outrageous like 25,000 for peace. Barter, for as much as you can get (12-14,000 is possible, but try to avoid multiple turn deals, you want a lump sum now even if its less than in the long run)..Hire some mercs for east army, hire one more unit for North Army. Battle North to Sarmis, East to Kalatis simultaneously.Siege for one turn, once ram(s) are built, fight clever and take cities with minimal losses. Whip diplomat up North to get peace with Sarmatians. Take Eastern Army south to Tylis, Northern Army west to Ank. Take cities in same way.

Now head all back to Sarmis (make this your capital) combine remaining spare troops, and head north-east to Bastarnae province (no walls here especially if you are quick)...take this city.

You now have 6 provinces, an economy in the black and an excellent troop base, in only a few short yrs with no disbanding necessary...

Rest is up to you ;)

I think it's about time we give some advice on the Bartix faction ;)

Do you reckon we should put Bartix into the FAQ? Not that anyone reads the FAQ...

In a vain attempt to stay on topic (yes I know I suck at it), the combination of Ignopotens and Drewski is exactly what to look for if you've never played a faction before. Gets you going in the right direction.
    Last edited by /Bean\; 04-27-2009 at 18:00.
    + =
    [/CENTER]

Strategos Autokrator Member Vasiliyi's Avatar

Hmmm, I saw that that thread was closed 4 YEARS AGO. Why is it being brought up still? Wow, that guy is a legend.

4x
    1x

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Do you reckon we should put Bartix into the FAQ? Not that anyone reads the FAQ...
    Part of what makes Bartix so funny is that it is an inside joke. People should have to be confused and then work to figure it out.

This thread is NOT for conversations except between me and ppl. I WOULD appreciate it if you took this somewhere else. Beanerz. What a racist name. Thats like saying n***** it's just the same exept for mexicans instead. Don't say anything if you have nothing nice to say. Also I'm not a writer, cuz i suck at writing. I do my best and maybe if i set my mind to it i'll write an AAR.
    Last edited by the man with no name; 04-28-2009 at 21:20.
    My balloons:

-gamegeek2

-Start game with Aedui
    -Destroy Arverni
    -Capture everything
    -Destroy Romans
    -Destroy world

If you want a guide to making a faction guide, Frogbeasteggs are always pretty good. She writes and encourages others to write them for the RTW Vanilla factions.
    How do ya like it now, punk?
    My balloons:

-gamegeek2

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Let's calm down. Posts like those will only bring you troubles with the mods and you do not want that.

Yeah, calm down. If he's offending you in any way, remember he's probably a guy several miles away from you. I know people can get very annoying over the net, but losing your cool just isn't worth your time and energy. Had some similiar "problems" with a guy from the fora as well, you see.

Anyway, there is actually a think I don't understand. Nigger is a bad word. Negro is a bad word. Black (for God's sake), coloured and the like are bad words. How the hell must we call someone who belongs to a different race? I know there are racist expressions that I admit shouldn't be used but hell. Same with beaners. Why is calling someone white or something like that not racist then? Well? And by the way, I know afroamericans (another stupid name, btw) call each other "nigger" many times.

Maion
    ~Maion

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maion Maroneios View Post
    Yeah, calm down. If he's offending you in any way, remember he's probably a guy several miles away from you. I know people can get very annoying over the net, but losing your cool just isn't worth your time and energy. Had some similiar "problems" with a guy from the fora as well, you see.

Anyway, there is actually a think I don't understand. Nigger is a bad word. Negro is a bad word. Black (for God's sake), coloured and the like are bad words. How the hell must we call someone who belongs to a different race? I know there are racist expressions that I admit shouldn't be used but hell. Same with beaners. Why is calling someone white or something like that not racist then? Well? And by the way, I know afroamericans (another stupid name, btw) call each other "nigger" many times.

Maion
    I think this last part belongs to Backroom but I can say that it depends who says those words. If you post this in there then I could share my opinion.
    Last edited by Ibn-Khaldun; 05-05-2009 at 14:16.

Downgradez :( Member Iskander 3.1's Avatar

Ha, Bartix is much more fun when you discover it for yourself.

And the guide you wrote was a bit shabby, by the way. If you want people to take something you've written seriously, then you should take it seriously too. Constructive criticism should not be taken personally, and rants against someone's screen name simply make you look foolish.

As for the "n" word: It's racist because it was origionally used by plantation owners to demean black slaves. When someone uses the word, it's implied that they are trying to "put the person in their place." (i.e., you are saying that the person is stupid and less of a human being than you are simply because they are black)
    Last edited by Iskander 3.1; 05-06-2009 at 07:48.
    Strikeout!

Downgradez :( Member Iskander 3.1's Avatar

Maion, could you please edit your post?
    Strikeout!

iudex thervingiorum Member athanaric's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iskander 3.1 View Post
    Maion, could you please edit your post?
    What for? Let's get back on topic instead.

I'm generally against disbanding starting troops. If they are there, they are there for a purpose. Of course "my way" thus forces you to initially blitz a few settlements lest you dive straight into insane debt.
    As a rule of thumb, a Swêboz player (who doesn't disband half of his army) has to blitz approximately four settlements in order to make some profit. I would recommend Rugolandam, Silengolandam (Mines!), Habukolandam and Kimbrolandam as first targets.
    By contrast, Baktria has to "blitz" only one province. I highly recommend Paropamisadai (sp?) because like in the aforementioned Silengolandam province you can build highly profitable silver mines there. Additionally, it is out of harm's way should the Saka or Pahlavân attack you.
    Last edited by athanaric; 05-06-2009 at 12:52.

Swêboz guide for EB 1.2
    Tips and Tricks for New Players
    from Hannibal Khan the Great, Brennus, Tellos Athenaios, and Winsington III.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast