Thread: Annoying CTD, as British

Default Annoying CTD, as British

Ok so I already know that Empire total war is sadly a NOTORIOUSLY buggy game. And quite a few people are experiencing these CTD's. I just wondered did anyone have the same one as me? I am playing as G.B and Whenever I try to land in India, the game just goes mad and crashes. Right after you click ''Declare war'' and your troops are meant to go onto the land. Its really annoying. Thanks in advance
    ''I Have just Signed my own Death warrent-Michael Collins, upon signing the Anglo Irish Treaty''

Default Re: Annoying CTD, as British

You have to go back a few turns and try again. America is the buggy theatre for me as GB, I love playing in India, I have less crashes there than in Europe.

Actually, before you land your troops send another ship to join that fleet, I think the fleet may be bugged and so when it lands the troops your game crashes. When a new ship joins a bugged fleet it usually gets rid of the CTD temporarily.
    Last edited by Marquis of Roland; 04-03-2009 at 17:28.

Parts of America are like this for me also. Such as Mexico, and parts of Canada. Same situation as India, if I try to take them over. I know its not my system, and other people with good systems have this problem to. Its really not good enough at the end of the day lol, Im terribly disappointed with Empire after waiting this long for it
    ''I Have just Signed my own Death warrent-Michael Collins, upon signing the Anglo Irish Treaty''

Praeparet bellum Member Quillan's Avatar

Gibraltar has done that for me in the past. Moving troops out of the port crashes the game if they came off of ships.
    Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Quillan View Post
    Gibraltar has done that for me in the past. Moving troops out of the port crashes the game if they came off of ships.
    Yes, Gibraltar is bugged. Any ship docking in Gibraltar will receive the "fleet bug", causing CTD when you click on the port, or even clicking on the fleet if you make it leave port (if you go there to pick up or drop off some troops for example, the next turn when you click on your troop transport fleet it'll CTD).

RIP Tosa, my trolling end now Senior Member Devastatin Dave's Avatar

Total Crash strikes again. I'm so sick of having to save my game after every #$%@ move I make or change i make. The joy of this game does NOT outweigh the almost complete frustration.
    RIP Tosa

Quote Originally Posted by Devastatin Dave View Post
    Total Crash strikes again. I'm so sick of having to save my game after every #$%@ move I make or change i make. The joy of this game does NOT outweigh the almost complete frustration.

I agree, it is a pure disgrace. To be honest I am on the verge of declaring this game the biggest waste of money, I ever spent. You cant have any fun with it, when it crashes every few turns and half the map is Unconquerable due to glitches. Shame on CA. Thats all I have to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Devastatin Dave View Post
    It's a close call for me lol. This is hands down the most buggiest, non-playable in its original state game I ever bought by far. I am in as much shock as you guys, yet I can't wait to get home from work everyday to play my buggy game where, on average, I have to play every battle 3 times or so because of CTD.

Part-Time Polemic Senior Member ICantSpellDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marquis of Roland View Post
    It's a close call for me lol. This is hands down the most buggiest, non-playable in its original state game I ever bought by far. I am in as much shock as you guys, yet I can't wait to get home from work everyday to play my buggy game where, on average, I have to play every battle 3 times or so because of CTD.

The game is a festering pile of buggy garbage, but it is awesome. I crash constantly with major graphical errors, but I have fun during the 20-30 minute period that I am able to play it.
    "That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
    -Eric "George Orwell" Blair

"If the policy of the government, upon vital questions affecting the whole people, is to be irrevocably fixed by decisions of the Supreme Court...the people will have ceased to be their own rulers, having to that extent practically resigned the government into the hands of that eminent tribunal."
    (Lincoln's First Inaugural Address, 1861).
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I'm getting a CTD any time I try to go to the Trade tab.

I mean, I'm not the kind of guy that needs to know exactly how much I'm making off sugar in Jamaica, so it doesn't make that much of a difference, but if it were a more important tab, I'd be...well...
    "Land of song" cried the warrior bard
    "Though all the world betrays thee,
    One sword, at least, thy right shall guard!
    One faithful harp shall praise thee!
    "