Thread: Help: Can't sally forth

Default Help: Can't sally forth

So my army is besieged by the British. If I don't attack them, my army will surrender. So I decided to attack them, but then I found that I can't!

When I selected the army in the city, they don't allow me to attack the besieging British army. That is the first time my city is under siege.

I have never seen this before on previous total war game. How do I sally forth so that i can defeat them? Is there some special move I have to make, some button hidden?

If I leave it there, my major army would fall and i have to rebuild again!
    So it is said that if you know your enemy and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemy but know yourself, you win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemy and do not know yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle
    --Sun Tzu's Art of War

Default Re: Help: Can't sally forth

I wonder if this is one of those Zone of Control problems. There seems to be an issue of naval ZoC affecting land troops and making them unable to move. Is there a british ship so near its ZoC extends to your city? Try getting rid of it.
    Total war games played so far:
    STW, MTW, MTW:VI, RTW, MTW2, ETW, STW2

Select every unit when you tell them to attack/sally. For some reason when you don't, it doesn't let you attack.
    I shouldn't have to live in a world where all the good points are horrible ones.

Is he hurt? Everybody asks that. Nobody ever says, 'What a mess! I hope the doctor is not emotionally harmed by having to deal with it.'

known bug (i've posted it a couple weeks ago in the bug thread). Only workaround is to bring a unit that is not besieged and attack the besieging army.
    Last edited by Melvish; 04-02-2009 at 18:46.
    I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends. ---Abraham Lincoln

Damn it
    That was a lone army.....in the America....like a single expedition.
    Guess I will lose this experienced army

So never get besieged! Thanks guys.
    Hope they would patch it.......
    So it is said that if you know your enemy and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemy but know yourself, you win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemy and do not know yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle
    --Sun Tzu's Art of War

It has something to do with moving out of a city and attacking or merging with a stack next to the city.

I cannot merge units within a city with a stack right outside it, and I cannot sally forth either.