Thread: Total War Money Cheat Program

Default Total War Money Cheat Program

I just saw this video of how to use the cheat program shown and I'm curious if anyone's tried it yet. I'm not familiar with the program so not sure if its safe to use or how good it actually works. I'm not advocating its use but just curious if anyone has used it and how good it actually is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zu75...eature=related

Default Re: Total War Money Cheat Program

It's a simplistic memory editor, any sort of debugging tool can do that. Nothing too exciting, I wouldn't mind a savegame editor so I can give the opposing factions armies.

Cool Re: Total War Money Cheat Program

Please. Post no cheats or how to cheat or how to think of cheating. The temptation is too great. I am having a great time not cheating and I have vowed to play without cheating. The add money cheat for MTW2 was too easy and way too tempting. It is way to easy to conquer the world with unlimited money. (China with 2 trillion in reserves and USA- Largest debtor nation in history)
    Ha, just kidding. I can play without cheating, making money in this game is not as much a problem as long as you take your time and invest in production and tech and steal from other nations. Sort of like in the real world.
    "You are only alive because Jack Bauer does not know who you are"

Future USMC Cobra Pilot Member Prussian to the Iron's Avatar
    Out too long in the midnight sea. Oh what's becoming of me?

i think that byfar, this total war game is the one that does not need cheats anyway. it is so easy to make money.i currently have only 7 regions, and am making 10,000+ a turn.i then spend it all on internal improvements and get it all back immediately. please dont post cheats. they are too tempting and i dont wanna ruin the experience like i did with m2 and R:TW
    Add me on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001603097354
    I am an Unstoppable Force, an Immovable Object

RIP Tosa, my trolling end now Senior Member Devastatin Dave's Avatar

Is there a "No CTD" cheat?
    RIP Tosa

lol i seriously just shot the water i was drinking out of my nose! you sir, deserve some cookies:

Here's a cheat: ally with Austria, then call it into your wars, and then make peace with your enemy so that Austria is hung out there alone, then watch the former enemy take Austria's provinces, then attack that enemy (calling Austria, who will come to your aid) so you can take Austria's former provinces for your own, and then repeat the process against a different enemy, and Austria will help you again. Austria is like that faithful dog that loves you no matter how many times you kick it and neglect it. Oh, and this applies when you play as Austria's "rival" Prussia.

My point: Anybody who needs to "cheat" to win this game is retarded.
    Last edited by jsberry; 04-06-2009 at 21:48.

yeah inoright? this game is so incredibly easy cheating seems like just re-frosting a already frosted cake. it makes no sense. wait...that does, more frosting duh!

ok ill try again. its like:

having a huge ceiling light on, and have the whole room illuminated, and then turning on a little lamp.

i think thats ok...right?

anyway its probably easier to exploit the A.I. then to use that cheat thing i think.

althoug, for some reason i cannot sell military access to anyone...i know someone said they sold 20 turn access to countries even in other theatres in return for money, but i cant seem to, even with countries next to me....

Quote Originally Posted by John-117 View Post
    althoug, for some reason i cannot sell military access to anyone...i know someone said they sold 20 turn access to countries even in other theatres in return for money, but i cant seem to, even with countries next to me....
    1. You can't already be allied with them.

2. On hard, you get ~ 500 gp per region you own in the home theater of the faction you are trying to sell access to.

Thus, as Ottomans, you can get 5K from each European major & minor faction, but nothing from the Indian or American (native or colonial) factions.

As UP, you'll get zilch (unless you go below asking 1K).

As France, you'll get 1K from European powers, and 3K from Native Americans, New Spain and Louisiana. The 13 colonies would give 1920 for some reason.

The only faction I've used this exploit for was the Ottomans, and I didn't go beyond the third turn in that game. The others were test cases for a number of different diplomatic moves.
    Last edited by anweRU; 04-06-2009 at 22:46.
    Ancestry: Turkish & Irish. Guess my favorite factions!

well call me a loser, but i think this game is too HARD!! That being said, i've been using this program occasionally to make some of my more favorite campaign modes easier. it's funny, though, because it never used to work properly in r:tw, OR M2tw, but for some reason, it works only now when a total war game is run through a completely different program (steam) that you wouldn't think would support the same type of files as every other normal game.

lol, idk, it's fun and easy to use, and it works with just about any game, at least for money. i'd give it a whirl if you want to cheat...but most of us (excluding me :D) are trying not to cheat. have fun with it, though!

If you want a money cheat, just play as GB and spam Indiamen for the first dozen turns or so and grab most of the foreign trade posts
    Isn't it funny how people trash God and then wonder why the world's going to hell?

France or UP can do the same... In fact, France has 3 trade ports from which IM can directly jump to a trade theater. As such, it would be the best.
    Last edited by anweRU; 04-07-2009 at 00:58.

Quote Originally Posted by anweRU View Post
    1. You can't already be allied with them.

2. On hard, you get ~ 500 gp per region you own in the home theater of the faction you are trying to sell access to.

Thus, as Ottomans, you can get 5K from each European major & minor faction, but nothing from the Indian or American (native or colonial) factions.

As UP, you'll get zilch (unless you go below asking 1K).

As France, you'll get 1K from European powers, and 3K from Native Americans, New Spain and Louisiana. The 13 colonies would give 1920 for some reason.

The only faction I've used this exploit for was the Ottomans, and I didn't go beyond the third turn in that game. The others were test cases for a number of different diplomatic moves.
    ive tried it as russia, selling to non-allies with i think like 13 provicnes. no one bought.

Why would anyone want to cheat? This game is rediculously easy already. Lower down the tech tree money is a little tight, but you just have to use it smartly. State Gifts are invaluable and can work wonders on getting trade agreements going early on :)

I always get to about 1730/1740 and then have no problems with money anymore. In my current VH/VH campaign as Prussia i'm bringing in 20k a turn with nothing to spend it on other than more men. Taxes for the common folk are even set to their lowest!
    Last edited by satchef1; 04-07-2009 at 20:54.

i beat oyu drastically. on my UP campaign im only in i think 1718 and im getting >9000 a turn. infact now im gettin 11000 a turn :P

You know how I said IM spamming as GB was tantamount to cheating?

How about 20k income at 1710? Waaaaaaaaaaay too easy

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Isn't it funny how people trash God and then wonder why the world's going to hell?

but thats cuz u have like no military, tiny navy, and happen to have good order i suppose. also, your prestige is "weak" i see, so you still failed

It's called getting a strong financial base from which to conquer the world

yeah...i ust realized that in UP...i now am paying out 20k a turn for military....and am only making about 5k a turn now...plus carribean just revolted...

oh that reminds me: theres a great story i have for you guys:

so i just receved a french island in the carribean, i belive the windward islands or something like that. well, i had 2 units of colonial dragons there, and there was a revolt. out of nowhere 5 or 6 units of buccaneers attacked me. i thought i had a good defence, but 1 unit of dragoons was wiped out in a single charge and my other one lost 30 men. i then remounted them and rode them behind fences to fire a volley every minute, which did almost nothing. then i tried waiting for single units to climb over fences and charging them. this ended up losing me about 12 men, and killing over 300. needless to say i routed them and stared fo a few minutes in disbeleif at my computer.

Terrain: gotta love it

As UP, I was making ~ 20K/turn around the 1710s, and am now doing ~ 60K/turn in the early 1730s. I would have brought in another 10-20K, if I hadn't decided to build the Grand European Empire of Holland, requiring two full new stacks to be recruited, maintained & reinforced. My taxes & "other" income cover my upkeep with a couple hundred coins to spare. The profit is all from trade.

It is very easy to make lots of money with GB & UP. Along with France, you're in an excellent position to claim trade spots as fast as possible.
    Last edited by anweRU; 04-09-2009 at 13:39.

Villiage Idiot Member antisocialmunky's Avatar

Epic Necro + Terrible Grammar + Insulting people = Facepalm
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

"Hi, Billy Mays Here!" 1958-2009

the funiest part is that the only guy who said dont post it for temptation, is JRCdave

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by maestro View Post
    Terrain: gotta love it
    I love it when you are defending a town, and you can actually defend it with a random half-dead force by just attacking the enemy as they are trying to climb the war. And your units get tons of experience from it too.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Camel Lord Senior Member Capture The Flag Champion Martok's Avatar
    In my own little world....but it's okay, they know me there.

Thread mercy killing.

"MTW is not a game, it's a way of life." -- drone