Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Player Chatroom (Off-Character Discussion)

(>^_^;)> move it! Member Hotseat_User's Avatar

Default Re: Player Chatroom

Archikataskopos - 200 mnai
    Archiproxenos - 100 mnai
    Archon stolou - 400 mnai
    Strategos/Governor (any type) - 500 mnai
    roger that. but the Strats/Govs receive further Mnai for build-/recruitorders, do they?

and another question: now that Antipatros received orders from his basileu, should I move him around at the save and then post the new one? Will do it now. :-D

arrrr I don't get it with the saves, Maion, please move Antipatros till I have more time to understand how its work.
    Last edited by Hotseat_User; 04-15-2009 at 10:55.
    orationes tuas ego laudare soleo, imitari neque possim, si velim, nec velim fortasse, si possim. [M. T. C.]

Unoffical PBM recruiter person Member /Bean\'s Avatar

Is the save open?

What don't you understand about it, Hotseat?
    =========================================
    Look out for the upcoming Warriors of the La Tene PBM, a new style of interactive EB gaming rising from the ashes of BtSH and WotB!
    ========================================================
    + =
    [/CENTER]

in the save-thread, after i moved my char, i saved like maion told 272-1-02 then, but i don't get, how I can upload it to this save-libary...
    orationes tuas ego laudare soleo, imitari neque possim, si velim, nec velim fortasse, si possim. [M. T. C.]

Quote Originally Posted by Maion Maroneios View Post
    Archikataskopos - 200 mnai
    Archiproxenos - 100 mnai
    Archon stolou - 400 mnai
    Strategos/Governor (any type) - 500 mnai
    Its OK with me.
    “Save us, o Lord, from the arrows of the Magyars.” - A prayer from the 10th century.

Symbasileus ton Rhomaioktonon Member Maion Maroneios's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hotseat_User View Post
    roger that. but the Strats/Govs receive further Mnai for build-/recruitorders, do they?

and another question: now that Antipatros received orders from his basileu, should I move him around at the save and then post the new one? Will do it now. :-D

arrrr I don't get it with the saves, Maion, please move Antipatros till I have more time to understand how its work.
    Governors and Generals get more money, because they are more important men, obviously. Higher social standing, higher salary.

Let the Synedrion first end with the votings, then do your moves. TCV shall probably PM you about what to do, so you can take the save at any given point and do what you have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotseat_User View Post
    in the save-thread, after i moved my char, i saved like maion told 272-1-02 then, but i don't get, how I can upload it to this save-libary...
    I have uploaded a link at the Savegames thread, there you can see where to upload the savegame.

Maion
    ~Maion

okay, thank you Maion

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Why are the votes hidden in the poll, surely the Synedrion would be a simple raising of hands to vote and everybody could see who voted which way for each edict?

Downgradez :( Member Iskander 3.1's Avatar

I think the salaries are ok...would I be able to get a "bonus" every time I beat up some pirates? :)
    Strikeout!

Do I get a bonus as Basilikos Grammateus, perhaps I could put it down under corruption in my reports.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhughthom View Post
    Why are the votes hidden in the poll, surely the Synedrion would be a simple raising of hands to vote and everybody could see who voted which way for each edict?
    Because that's not how things worked, mostly. The Athenians, for example, has a large vase and, upon voting for a specific law or legislation in general, the Council members threw a pebble inside the vase. There were two pebble colours, a black (no-vote) and a white (yes-vote) one. This was done anonymously, as you may understand. The main reason is, because it helps when you're afraid of what you vote. Generally, it's considered beter to vote anonymously.

Quote Originally Posted by Iskander III View Post
    I think the salaries are ok...would I be able to get a "bonus" every time I beat up some pirates? :)
    Actully, all of you guys can be as corrupt as possible. Just take on a savegame, examine the finances, and see if you can get any bonus income from a specific category, like "corruption" (under faction finances) for example. Then just PM me and I'll arrange everything needed.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhughthom View Post
    Do I get a bonus as Basilikos Grammateus, perhaps I could put it down under corruption in my reports.
    See my reply above.

Maion
    ~Maion

Quote Originally Posted by Maion Maroneios View Post
    Because that's not how things worked, mostly. The Athenians, for example, has a large vase and, upon voting for a specific law or legislation in general, the Council members threw a pebble inside the vase. There were two pebble colours, a black (no-vote) and a white (yes-vote) one. This was done anonymously, as you may understand. The main reason is, because it helps when you're afraid of what you vote. Generally, it's considered beter to vote anonymously.

Maion
    OK cool, I didn't realise that.

Dejotaros moc Praesutagos Member Cultured Drizzt fan's Avatar

Hey Maion, I am gonna have to drop out... my hearts just not in it, trying to do four PBM at one time, I am a chancellor in WotB and I just dont have time to go through the stuff here. sorry.
    Micheal D'Anjou
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    memory of the short lived king of Babylon Patrokles Adiabenikos

Slixpoitation Member A Very Super Market's Avatar
    Vancouver, BC, Canada, North America, Terra, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe

I'm not dropping out, but I do apologize for my inactiveness here.

It is partly due to EB not working properly on a new computer, and partly because I feel a bit intimidated by the other well-thought-out posts by other players. I don't even know what to give my character as a name yet! As a synedros, I simply vote for edicts, correct? If that is all, then I will immediately start to actually contribute to the game. But first, I must root through the EB files until I find a suitable name.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    WELCOME TO AVSM
    Cool store, bro! I want some ham.
    No ham, pepsi.
    They make deli slices of frozen pepsi now? Awesome!
    You also need to purchase a small freezer for storage of your pepsi.
    It runs on batteries. You'll need a few.
    Uhh, I guess I won't have pepsi then. Do you have change for a twenty?
    You can sift through the penny jar
    ALL WILL BE CONTINUED

- Proud Horseman of the Presence

Quote Originally Posted by A Very Super Market View Post

It is partly due to EB not working properly on a new computer, and partly because I feel a bit intimidated by the other well-thought-out posts by other players. I don't even know what to give my character as a name yet! As a synedros, I simply vote for edicts, correct? If that is all, then I will immediately start to actually contribute to the game. But first, I must root through the EB files until I find a suitable name.
    Surely theres a random Greek name generator somewhere on the net.

edit: Tried it for you and got Timon Philomeleides.
    Last edited by johnhughthom; 04-17-2009 at 00:49.

Quote Originally Posted by Cultured Drizzt fan View Post
    Hey Maion, I am gonna have to drop out... my hearts just not in it, trying to do four PBM at one time, I am a chancellor in WotB and I just dont have time to go through the stuff here. sorry.
    Sure man, I'll unsuscribe you then.

Quote Originally Posted by A Very Super Market View Post

OK, cool. Please remember to state your name and position when voting, so I can count the votes and see who actually voted and who not.

Maion
    ~Maion

OK people, voting period is over. TCV, I pass the strings of the game to you. Announce the decisions in the Agora and order your subjects!

Maion
    ~Maion

Involuntary Gaesatae Member The Celtic Viking's Avatar

Ahh... my favourite part.

OK TCV, you should officially announce the ending of the Synedrion, just as you did when you declared the opening of it. All talks shall continue here, or via PMs.

Maion
    ~Maion

Oh right, sorry. I forgot.

So the norths sorted. What are the individual orders for the south? Does Alexandros stay in Korinthos or join Krateros' army? Who's going to garrison and manage Korinthos?
    Last edited by /Bean\; 04-17-2009 at 22:54.
    Look out for the upcoming Warriors of the La Tene PBM, a new style of interactive EB gaming rising from the ashes of BtSH and WotB!
    + =
    [/CENTER]

In the south, Krateros is the regional military commander and commands the defence of that area, and Alexandros is there to aid him, through counselling and through military actions. This was basically stated in Edict E1.2.

As for Korinthos, it - like all other settlements - belongs to and is run by me. I have not given any away nor have I made someone a governor yet. That's basically because this was an emergency session, and the point was to address the most immediate problem most quickly - less urgent things like that can be taken care of during the first normal session. (Or, I just didn't think about it. Your choice. Can it be given outside of a session? Doesn't matter much either way, of course, since the next session is just 3 turns away.

Oh, and can a regular Synedros be made a governor?)
    Last edited by The Celtic Viking; 04-17-2009 at 22:14.

I was just thinking, because we're not going to have any funds left to recruit a garrison for Korinthos, and if you want Alexandros and Krateros to have any forces to fight with then none can be spared to garrison it. It's red as it is.
    + =
    [/CENTER]

Well, there's not much I can do about it, so you'll just have to make the best out of it. It was on the advice of the Synedrion that I proposed that the garrison of Thessalia should be sent to Pella instead of Korinthos, after all.
    Last edited by The Celtic Viking; 04-17-2009 at 23:11.

Well, do you want us to hold Korinthos, or actively defeat Greek armies? because we can't do both. Do we try and hold Korinthos until Antigonos returns and risk being assaulted and our characters killed, or do we lose Korinthos and hope to reclaim it later?
    + =
    [/CENTER]

Alexandros and Krateros should decide that for themselves, with the latter having the final word. Defend it as best you can. That's what I meant about "regional military commander": he decides, and you should help him do that.
    Last edited by The Celtic Viking; 04-17-2009 at 23:14.

Downgradez :( Member Iskander 3.1's Avatar

We have enough room to evacuate by ship, but you will need to make up your minds quickly. Once the troops bound for Pella are boarded, we will leave immediately.
    Strikeout!

Bah! We don't retreat! Tis only a matter of where we make our stand.
    + =
    [/CENTER]

Good going lads, lets see how this works out.

Maion
    ~Maion

Can whoever takes the next save move Alexandros out of Korinthos and take command of the souther army, and move him to a defensible sight for me please? I am having to remove my EB 1.2 version and reinstall it, but because I have linked this particular version to so many other things its taking a while to sort everything out. Much obliged.
    + =
    [/CENTER]

I'll not be at my PC today or most of tomorrow (going to Dublin to see AC/DC ) so I won't be able to end the turn if everybody takes the save before then. Could TCV end the turn this time if everybody has their go today?

edit: Whoops reread the save thread and see Maion ends the turns not the Basilikos Gramatteus. All is well.
    Last edited by johnhughthom; 04-18-2009 at 10:25.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast