Thread: country diplomatic tooltip stayes displayed for a second only...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    A Livonian Rebel Member Slaists's Avatar

Default country diplomatic tooltip stays displayed only for a second...

In my case, in the diplomatic menu, if I hover my mouse over a country, the diplomatic tooltip displaying information about my bilateral relations with the country stays displayed only for a split second before being exchanged with the quite useless tooltip about what country I am pointing at. Someone suggested this is a problem with my system (brand new, btw) rather than the game. Any suggestions as to what I should change in my settings (mouse? game?) to get the tooltip to stay longer?
    Last edited by Slaists; 04-08-2009 at 19:35.

Future USMC Cobra Pilot Member Prussian to the Iron's Avatar
    Out too long in the midnight sea. Oh what's becoming of me?

Default Re: country diplomatic tooltip stayes displayed for a second only...

i belive if you click on them and open diplomatic talks it should tell you their standing with you in the bottom right.
    Add me on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001603097354
    I am an Unstoppable Force, an Immovable Object

Quote Originally Posted by John-117 View Post
    i belive if you click on them and open diplomatic talks it should tell you their standing with you in the bottom right.
    Yes, it does: but that's a different feature. It gives the overall standing whereas the tooltip above the country in the diplomatic map tells you the details of this overall standing such as +x points due to long term trade, -y points due to my expansionism, etc.

I have the exact same problem. Funnily enough, the first time I used this feature, it stayed around enough time for me to read it.

Also, "displayed for a second" is in the best cases: more often than not it remains displayed one hundredth of a second.

Can't say I have this problem.

1. Hover mouse over country
    2. Let go of mouse.
    3. Information stays up forever.

I guess I'd suggest letting go of the mouse but I'd imagine you all tried that. Failing that drink less coffee and or don't try to quit smoking before reviewing your diplomatic relations.

Quote Originally Posted by Maladin View Post
    I have the exact same problem. Funnily enough, the first time I used this feature, it stayed around enough time for me to read it.

Also, "displayed for a second" is in the best cases: more often than not it remains displayed one hundredth of a second.
    I had the same experience: it stayed on for sufficient time the first time around, but never after that. I agree, 'a second' is more like 1/100th of a second...

And no, 'letting go of the mouse' does not help in my case.

For me it switches between all 3 little tooltips quicker than i can actually read them. First i'll see the tooltip i want to see, the one that tells me WHY or WHY NOT a faction likes or dislikes me, this one stays up for about a second, then the next one comes up which says "This tooltip displays yadayada", then the next one flashes...

Bad interface feature if you ask me.