Thread: List of All Ethnicities?

Default List of All Ethnicities?

I've been trying to figure this out; I've searched and seen a few lists on previews, but is there a good overall list of the possible ethnicities/gens/clans of a general? Something like this, with descriptions if possible:
    Hayasdan:
    Armenian-Yervanduni
    Armenian-Hayasdani
    Armenian-Southern (Sophene?)
    Armenian-Western (Ani-Kamah)
    Georgian
    Scythian Georgian

Russia/Europe in the summer, Florida rest of the time

Post Re: List of All Ethnicities?

Yes, just look in EDCT. C:\Program Files\Rome - Total War\EB\Data\export_descr_character_traits is usually where it is found. Use Ctrl+F to find the traits. You will also find triggers, levels and effects of the traits. For mainly descriptions but also effects go here: C:\Rome - Total War\Program Files\EB\Data\text.

Default Re: List of All Ethnicities?

Quote Originally Posted by Shatov View Post
    I've been trying to figure this out; I've searched and seen a few lists on previews, but is there a good overall list of the possible ethnicities/gens/clans of a general? Something like this, with descriptions if possible:
    Hayasdan:
    Armenian-Yervanduni
    Armenian-Hayasdani
    Armenian-Southern (Sophene?)
    Armenian-Western (Ani-Kamah)
    Georgian
    Scythian Georgian
    Have played it for long and everytime I see something new with my new generals

and shatov could it be that you are an Armenian
    "I should like to see any power of the world destroy this race, this small tribe of unimportant people, whose history is ended, whose wars have been fought and lost, whose structures have crumbled, whose literature is unread, whose prayers are no longer answered.... For when two of them meet anywhere in the world, see if they will not create a new Armenia!

William Saroyan, 1935.

High kings of the Mountains: A Hayasdan AAR

Nope, boring old Anglo-American, though I want to work for the Peace Corp in Armenia. I've played as Hayasdan quite a bit and it doesn't have as many ethnicities as some of the other factions (Pahlava, for instance), so I ran with Hayasdan.

Hate to ask, but is there any chance I could see the list from that file? I'm at University right now and my computer with EB is about a five hour's drive away, I was just curious.

Wink Re: List of All Ethnicities?

Quote Originally Posted by Karo View Post
    and shatov could it be that you are an Armenian
    Nah, if he is not American, then my next guess would be Russian. Shatov is a Russian-sounding name and his avatar is M2TW Eastern European.

EDIT: well, he is American.
    Last edited by Aemilius Paulus; 04-08-2009 at 22:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Aemilius Paulus View Post
    Nah, if he is not American, then my next guess would be Russian. Shatov is a Russian-sounding name and his avatar is M2TW Eastern European.

EDIT: well, he is American.
    Shatov is one of the protagonists in Besy, The Possessed or Demons. Its Russian, obviously.

Question Re: List of All Ethnicities?

Alright, this is getting way off topic, but since I am considering that the original question has already been answered, I have another one, for you Shatov. I recollect you posting a reference to Dune so I was just wondering if you are a fellow Frank&Brian Herbert fan?

Alright, this is getting way off topic, but since I am considering that the original question has already been answered, I have another one, for you Shatov. I recollect you posting a reference to Dune so I was just wondering if you are a fellow Frank&Brian Herbert fan?
    Frank more than Brian, but Herbert (along with Lawrence of Arabia) had a huge influence on my interest in the greater Mid-East and comparative religion. Dune was also the second "adult book" I ever read, after 1984.

Frank Herbert fan here. As for Brian, he don't live up to his dad's image IMHO.

EDIT: Cool trivia, that Frank and I were both born on 8th of October. =D
    Last edited by vartan; 04-09-2009 at 01:31.
    EB Online Founder | Website
    Former Projects:
    - Vartan's EB Submod Compilation Pack

- Asia ton Barbaron (Armenian linguistics)
    - EB:NOM (Armenian linguistics/history)
    - Dominion of the Sword (Armenian linguistics/history, videographer)

Talking Re: List of All Ethnicities?

Wow, this is great. I am a huge Herbert fan myself. But, now another questions arises: am I the only Turtledove fan here? I must admit, I like him even more than the Herberts. Alternate history is my absolute favourite.

Alright that's it, this thread is closed...LOL jk

TURTLEDOVE's from LA just like BRADBURY!
    EB Online Founder | Website
    Former Projects:
    - Vartan's EB Submod Compilation Pack

- Asia ton Barbaron (Armenian linguistics)
    - EB:NOM (Armenian linguistics/history)
    - Dominion of the Sword (Armenian linguistics/history, videographer)

Quote Originally Posted by vartan View Post
    Alright that's it, this thread is closed...LOL jk

TURTLEDOVE's from LA just like BRADBURY!
    Well, does that mean you like him? Seriously, more than half of the US celebrities live in LA, but that does not mean you like every one of them.

World War series were my favourite series of books ever. It is difficult for me to say if they were the best books individually, as I have read thousands of books, but the setting Harry put the book in was my dream. Aliens, WWII, Nazis vs Russians, Alternate history... *saliva dripping* - it is as if the books were written for me. Then there are the Timeline 191 books. Oh, and how could I forget the The Man with the Iron Heartand After the Downfall??? Oh well, I could continue for an entire thread. The bloke is brilliant. Enough said.

Devout worshipper of Bilious Member miotas's Avatar

Well, does that mean you like him? Seriously, more than half of the US celebrities live in LA, but that does not mean you like every one of them.

World War series were my favourite series of books ever. It is difficult for me to say if they were the best books individually, as I have read thousands of books, but the setting Harry put the book in was my dream. Aliens, WWII, Nazis vs Russians, Alternate history... *saliva dripping* - it is as if the books were written for me. Then there are the Timeline 191 books. Oh, and how could I forget the The Man with the Iron Heartand After the Downfall??? Oh well, I could continue for an entire thread. The bloke is brilliant. Enough said.
    I've read most of, and quite liked the darkness series, I'd never even heard of the 191 books but they look fascinating.

The whole lizards invading earth thing didn't really tickle my fancy, not so much the alien invasion thing but more that they came here via spaceships but their tech isn't much more sophisticated that ours

I'll definitely take a squiz at those 191 books though.

- Four Horsemen of the Presence