Thread: Merging Units

Default Merging Units

I read that it can be done. How?

Thanks.
    'For months Augustus let hair and beard grow and occasionally banged his head against the walls whilst shouting; "Quinctillius Varus, give me my legions back"' -Sueton, Augustus.

"Deliver us oh God, from the fury of the Norsemen", French prayer, 9th century.
    Ask gi'r klask! ask-vikingekampgruppe.dk

Balloon count: 13

Lightbulb Re: Merging Units

On the strat map? Simply click and drag one unit card over the card of the unit whose numbers you want to augment. Numbers of the unit whose card you held will then be added to the target unit until either the receiving unit is filled up or the target is empty. This only works with identical units, off course (and mercenary variants do not count as identical). I don't know what effect it has on weapon and armour upgrades, but the experience of the two units does merge, so if you fill up a veteran unit with members of a freshly recruited one, expect to lose some chevrons (you don't really lose experience, as an unit's experience is the average of that of its soldiers, but the unit as a whole will have less chevrons and therefore a lower morale and stats).

Default Re: Merging Units

Dragging works for manual merging, but there is a hotkey for an automatic merge of the units (just can't remember what it is..ctrl+M I think, but not sure on this as I always merge manually). The automatic merge will merge all your identical depleted units into full size ones. Merging fresh recruits with experienced troops will average the experience between them so the unit loses some chevrons. The armour and weapon upgrades behave in the same way, so if there is more guys without upgrades than with them the unit will stay un-upgraded.

Βασιλευς και Αυτοκρατωρ Αρχης Member Centurio Nixalsverdrus's Avatar

Default AW: Re: Merging Units

Quote Originally Posted by Silence Hunter View Post
    The armour and weapon upgrades behave in the same way, so if there is more guys without upgrades than with them the unit will stay un-upgraded.
    Unfortunately, if there is only one soldier coming into a new unit who has no armour / weapon upgrade, the whole unit will appear as not upgraded, though not before you have once left the view of your army and came back again.