Thread: Auto-Calc Battles

Default Auto-Calc Battles

Hopefully CA will fix this, but I crash when transitioning from campaign to battles. This defeats the main attraction of TW games: the interaction between the two.

But on to my question. Since I can only auto-calc battles, does anybody see logic to them? I find that artillery and cavalry prejudice me because success depends on numbers more than troop type. How do you determine the auto-calc value of a unit (or of a combination of units) - does combined arms force get any benefit?

Default Re: Auto-Calc Battles

Combined arms is good.
    Line infantry supported by more advanced forms of arty helps. I like to have 2-3 arty. pieces.
    Grenadiers are an awesome bonus for auto-calc. Some of the manual battles I fought were because of enemy grenadiers.
    Tech advances are VERY important.

I almost always auto-calc. I have yet to be defeated by a Native American force, even if they throw two full stacks at me.

My only manual battles in my current UP campaign were against the Indian forces and mostly against the Swedes, who recruited a lot of grenadiers for some reason. Considering my melee tech superiority, I was able to take grenadiers one-on-one even with the basic militia units, and wipe them out.
    Last edited by anweRU; 04-09-2009 at 15:00.
    Ancestry: Turkish & Irish. Guess my favorite factions!

in the few battles i fought in early game against native americans manual was quite a tough challenge.

msot of their units can hide anywhere and if they are walking u never see them. they also have very good melee stats. full stacks agsint full stacks were always 50-50 for me. but this was before i got many tech advances.
    "Forgiveness is between them and god, my job is to arrange the meeting"

Quote Originally Posted by crpcarrot View Post
    msot of their units can hide anywhere and if they are walking u never see them.
    Which is why I rarely fight Native Americans myself. In my learn-the-game RTI campaign, two veteran cavalry units were completely annihilated when ambushed by N.A. musketeers while chasing a routing French unit. I was looking at another part of the battle map, and didn't notice until too late...
    Ancestry: Turkish & Irish. Guess my favorite factions!