Thread: 'Unblockading' ports

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 'Unblockading' ports

Not sure if I've got this right but one land unit entering a blockaded port seems to be enough to force a single enemy ship to retreat, but can't shift a fleet.
    Is there a ratio or mechanism that determines the size of force required to make a fleet back off?
    "St Juniper once said, 'By his loins shall ye know him and by the length of his rod shall he be measured.' The length of my rod is a mystery to all but the Queen, and a thousand Turkish whores, but the
    fruits of my loins are here for all to see. I have two sons, Henry and.... another one.
    Step forward, Harry, Prince of Wales."

( King Richard in Blackadder)

Village special needs person Member Kobal2fr's Avatar

Default Re: 'Unblockading' ports

I think you've got that wrong. A single inf. unit is enough to get any number of ships to exit a port they were invading/destroying, and quit damaging it, but afterwards those ships are still free to set a regular blockade outside, and there's nothing land units can do about it.
    Anything wrong ? Blame it on me. I'm the French.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobal2fr View Post
    I think you've got that wrong. A single inf. unit is enough to get any number of ships to exit a port they were invading/destroying, and quit damaging it, but afterwards those ships are still free to set a regular blockade outside, and there's nothing land units can do about it.
    A cavalry unit will force the enemy navy out of a port as well. I havent tried it but I assume an artillery unit will as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobal2fr View Post
    OK so unlike MTW2 there's a difference between blockading and invading a port?
    "St Juniper once said, 'By his loins shall ye know him and by the length of his rod shall he be measured.' The length of my rod is a mystery to all but the Queen, and a thousand Turkish whores, but the
    fruits of my loins are here for all to see. I have two sons, Henry and.... another one.
    Step forward, Harry, Prince of Wales."

( King Richard in Blackadder)

Village special needs person Member Kobal2fr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tora View Post
    OK so unlike MTW2 there's a difference between blockading and invading a port?
    Yes - a fleet blockading an undefended port will actually go in and progressively blast it away (like land units destroy mines/workshops/farms they pass through, on top of the progressive wealth reduction from just being in an enemy province). Both blockade and "invasion" cut trade routes the same way though.
    Anything wrong ? Blame it on me. I'm the French.