Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reconquesta Interactive History

Vindicative son of a gun Member Jolt's Avatar
    Chuck Norris' hand is the only hand that can beat a Royal Flush.

Default Re: Reconquesta Interactive History

Around 1150. However, El Cid and independent Valencia were long gone by then.
    The problem lies in the fact that only if we do the "What if" and his son is still alive and defeated the moors so far, because El Cid's eldest duaghter married a noble whose son became King of Navarra, and his second daughter married the count of Barcelona, whose descendants were only daughters. The only paths to continue the lineage of El Cid is either:

1. Diego Rodriguez actually surviving his battle of Consuegra, succeeding after El Cid dies, and keeping the Muslims at bay, while conquering the Baleares. But most probably by 1150 he too would have already died. To follow this line you would have to invent a son of Diego Rodriguez
    2. His wife succeeding him as historically happened, keeping the moors at bay and conquering the Baleares, then using the Semi-Salic succession law to get the historical elder male descendant from El Cid traceable through females, making him descendant of El Cid through his mother (Jimena, granddaughter of El Cid, second daughter of Maria and Ramon Berenger III of Barcelona, married to Bernard III of Foix) and his grandmother (Maria, second daughter of El Cid, married to Ramon Berenger III of Barcelona). He is Roger Bernard I, Count of Foix. He was 18 years old in 1150 and therefore able to be "King of Valencia".

The Almoravids ruled Morroco, Fez and Al-Andaluz. The Hammadids ruled Algiers and Tunis. The Almohads came from the Atlas Mountains (Within Morroco) and defeated the Almoravids in Morroco, then defeated the Hammadids, thus ruling Morroco, Fez, Algiers, Tunis and Al-Andaluz.
    Last edited by Jolt; 04-14-2009 at 05:10.
    BLARGH!

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Nevermind, already participating in too many things as it is.
    Last edited by Csargo; 04-14-2009 at 09:05.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

The rules seem rather simple. I would suggest some things to add variety (Especially in the troops thingie, since only three types seems rather simplistic) but then again more complexity means more work for you, so I'll stick with that.
    BLARGH!

(Insert innuendo here) Member Balloon Bomber Champion DemonArchangel's Avatar

I have a suggestion for troop types:

Instead of regulars replacing militia entirely, allow regulars to be recruited along with militia and elites. That way, you can come up with a mix of troops, like there were in real life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat View Post
    China is not a world power. China is the world, and it's surrounded by a ring of tiny and short-lived civilisations like the Americas, Europeans, Mongols, Moghuls, Indians, Franks, Romans, Japanese, Koreans.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DemonArchangel View Post
    I have a suggestion for troop types:

Instead of regulars replacing militia entirely, allow regulars to be recruited along with militia and elites. That way, you can come up with a mix of troops, like there were in real life.
    What I could do is add limits

i.e: allows maximum of 10,000 regulars

nex barracks maximum of 20,000

So players would be forced to have a mixture.

etc.
    also I haven't finsihed adding yet, when I have I'll re post with all info & a prologue, though it's going to be hard to do as it probably won't be accurate, as Jolt knows every detail from this area
    Last edited by Thermal; 04-14-2009 at 21:54.

Blog Entries

Thoughts now?

Also warman is banned

So I need slots for Navarre & Hammadids

Quote Originally Posted by Ichigo View Post
    Nevermind, already participating in too many things as it is.
    I disagree
    Last edited by Thermal; 04-14-2009 at 22:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Thermal Mercury View Post
    also I haven't finsihed adding yet, when I have I'll re post with all info & a prologue, though it's going to be hard to do as it probably won't be accurate, as Jolt knows every detail from this area
    "Knowing thy history is knowing thyself." - Telmo Rola.
    BLARGH!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
    "Knowing thy history is knowing thyself." - Telmo Rola.
    JOLT!

Your too awesome not to be co-hosting this with me.

This wouldn't stop you being a player, but you would get half the credit

yay or nay?

Ugh...Yay? It depends, but yay until I see the bigger scope of things.
    BLARGH!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
    Ugh...Yay? It depends, but yay until I see the bigger scope of things.
    Well as the ultimate Reconquista Encyclopedia you could do me a fab prologue & get all the initial historical accuracies done (as a co-host I wouldn't mind you changing it at all with some consultation) Don't worry though I would do the whole orders collecting and order distributing thing.

I'll send you more info on it if you like, and if there is a way I could help you in return don't hesitate to say.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

I'll take Navarre, hopefully it's small enough for me to handle. HURRY THROW ME OFF THE INTERNETS BEFORE I CHANGE MY MIND!!!!
    Last edited by Csargo; 04-15-2009 at 11:25.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Senior Member Senior Member Quintus.JC's Avatar

Well as the ultimate Reconquista Encyclopedia you could do me a fab prologue & get all the initial historical accuracies done (as a co-host I wouldn't mind you changing it at all with some consultation) Don't worry though I would do the whole orders collecting and order distributing thing.

I'll send you more info on it if you like, and if there is a way I could help you in return don't hesitate to say.
    In order to host a successful Intereactive history a good knowledge of the period is essential, as well as excellent research and entertainning write-ups. I don't doubt your abilities on these, but living in England it won't be easy for you to gather substantial information about Spanish history. So maybe it would be wise to look closer to home for an Intereactive history period. Britain's got some interesting periods that would make a fine IH game, also you'll be able to get tons of info about them without much difficulty.

I'm not Spanish. >_> To give an update on the situation, me and TM have been looking to balance out several parts of the IH as well as adding some things. It may be a while before the IH starts.
    BLARGH!

Exclamation Re: Reconquesta Interactive History

Navarre. Give me.

EDIT: Eh, if Ichigo's takin it, I'll go with the Hammadids.
    Last edited by Megas Methuselah; 04-15-2009 at 19:57.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Quintus.JC View Post
    In order to host a successful Intereactive history a good knowledge of the period is essential, as well as excellent research and entertainning write-ups. I don't doubt your abilities on these, but living in England it won't be easy for you to gather substantial information about Spanish history. So maybe it would be wise to look closer to home for an Intereactive history period. Britain's got some interesting periods that would make a fine IH game, also you'll be able to get tons of info about them without much difficulty.
    Tad a late for that perhaps lets just call it an Interactive History with tweaks

I will look over the time period more, Jolt himself is the one with the head on him, we were discussing on msn what we could do, and he seems to have the historical accuracies, but obviously a few aspects are sacrificed to avoid annoyingly complicated play.

Full house!

A week should do it shouldn't it Jolt? we kind of have the bases in place for how diplomacy will start, the ship system, garrisons & siege times, and I'll update the map so regions are correct, we've also addressed law balance for nations. And I have the econonmic numbers for each region with the exception of the Almoravids (moors)

So I guess that leaves additional buildings, perhaps a better unit system. Not too much more, then it's just getting the info written down....

Blog Entries

Thanks for joining Ichigo & Megas Methuselath!

also, it is confirmed that the hammadids will get all regions up to faz, meaning the moors lose 2 & hammadids gain 2

If this is a problem for demonarchangel please say, I understand you signed up when the moors had more. However it will be constructed as balanced as possible, so that isn't a big problem.
    Last edited by Thermal; 04-15-2009 at 23:05.

Formerly: SwedishFish Member KarlXII's Avatar
    San Diego, California, United States. Malmö/Gothenburg, Sweden. Cities of my ancestors and my favorite places to go!

And the Almohads are only left with Fez?
    HOW ABOUT 'DEM VIKINGS
    -Martok

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KarlXII View Post
    And the Almohads are only left with Fez?
    still ;)

San Diego, California, United States. Malmö/Gothenburg, Sweden. Cities of my ancestors and my favorite places to go!

still ;)
    Unfortunately I'm going to have toi withdraw from what I find to be an impossible position.
    HOW ABOUT 'DEM VIKINGS
    -Martok

That's what you think. :P (e.g. The impossibility of the Almohads succeeding in anything)
    Last edited by Jolt; 04-16-2009 at 06:19.
    BLARGH!

Don't leave, KarlXII. What I'm guessing will happen ins that the Almos will start off with a large army and sufficient wealth to savage the Moors. It'll be up to the Moors to hang on to as many provinces as they can.

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

Unfortunately I'm going to have toi withdraw from what I find to be an impossible position.
    Blitz the map with your ravaging camels.
    Last edited by Quintus.JC; 04-16-2009 at 13:35.

Blog Entries

Karl XII I can spill that you will be militarily superior to your neighbours

your just assuming it will be impossible.
    Last edited by Thermal; 04-16-2009 at 21:24.

I did give it a second thought, and have decided that playing a minor with expansion for growth will be interesting, and challenging. Keep me in.
    HOW ABOUT 'DEM VIKINGS
    -Martok

Blog Entries

I did give it a second thought, and have decided that playing a minor with expansion for growth will be interesting, and challenging. Keep me in.
    good, that's pretty much why you signed up for them in the first place wasn't it?

good, that's pretty much why you signed up for them in the first place wasn't it?
    Indeed.
    HOW ABOUT 'DEM VIKINGS
    -Martok

(Insert innuendo here) Member Balloon Bomber Champion DemonArchangel's Avatar

I must respectfully disagree with your decision to make balanced forces. My job is hard enough as is, especially since all the Christian factions will gang up on me and tear me apart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat View Post
    China is not a world power. China is the world, and it's surrounded by a ring of tiny and short-lived civilisations like the Americas, Europeans, Mongols, Moghuls, Indians, Franks, Romans, Japanese, Koreans.

especially since all the Christian factions will gang up on me and tear me apart.
    ...Maybe? In any case that's what happened historically. By 1150 the Almoravids didn't even exist anymore. But we're making it balanced for everyone.
    BLARGH!

I must respectfully disagree with your decision to make balanced forces. My job is hard enough as is, especially since all the Christian factions will gang up on me and tear me apart.
    So true.

Blog Entries

Really? Don't worry, everyone will have plenty too keep them...occupied

From what I'm aware no one starts with armies positioned, just the money to buy them, so it's the technology & income at the start that will be handy.

When me & Jolt are next on MSN at the same time we can wrap up the game mechanics, that could be as soon as a day or two, or possibly further (I'll be on later at weekends probably then)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast