Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Was The Victim Of A Crime.

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

Default I Was The Victim Of A Crime.

AND I WANT JUSTICE.

Yesterday morning I went to my truck all happy and giddy to go home for easter and was greeted by an unlocked door (with a coat hanger on the ground) and wires right where a neat little radio used to be.

Thankfully they didn't break any windows or take anything else.

I drive a a 03 F-150 with about 6 dents in it. I think I was targeted because of my manual locks.

Oh well, you live and you learn.
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Blog Entries

Default Re: I Was The Victim Of A Crime.

Bad luck

Hope guides me Senior Member Hosakawa Tito's Avatar

That is unfortunate. Must have been a small time thief *a slim-jim is much more efficient*, probably kids looking to help bankroll a bag of weed or stealing for kicks. They were probably disappointed not to find a cellphone, laptop, etc... because just a car radio isn't really worth the bother. Check out your town's local pawn shop, you can probably find your radio there.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." *Jim Elliot*

Vindicative son of a gun Member Jolt's Avatar
    Chuck Norris' hand is the only hand that can beat a Royal Flush.

I suppose if he's caught in Texas, he'll get the death penalty?
    BLARGH!

Breaking into a Ford aught to be punishable by death. That is sacrilege!
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
    I suppose if he's caught in Texas, he'll get the death penalty?
    Being IN Texas is the penalty. The death sentence is a release program.

Anyway, back to a more Frontroomish level of commentary: that sucks Strike. Even if it was only a radio taken, the fact that someone felt they could invade your space and just take what is not theirs is quite disturbing.
    Last edited by Gregoshi; 04-11-2009 at 17:33. Reason: Somehow managed to submit before I was finished.
    This space intentionally left blank

Ranting madman of the .org Senior Member Fly Shoot Champion, Helicopter Champion, Pedestrian Killer Champion, Sharpshooter Champion, NFS Underground Champion Rhyfelwyr's Avatar

Just eat lots of snack packs and you'll feel better.
    At the end of the day politics is just trash compared to the Gospel.

Prince Louis of France (KotF) Member Ramses II CP's Avatar

Sucks. :(

Worst of all no one will ever be caught or punished, I guarantee the cops won't even bother to try.

We have a very high tolerance for petty crime in this country. It's really unfortunate.

Nobody expects the Senior Member Lemur's Avatar

I love my little Wisconsin town. Nobody locks their cars. When you pass by the schools, all of the bicycles are racked up without chains or cables. Most folks don't even lock the doors on their homes.

And yet we do have drug problems, namely the crystal meth epidemic that is hitting pretty much all of rural America. I don't really know why property crime is such a non-issue here. It's not as though the population is homogeneous, and it's not like people from cities don't move here (witness the lemur clan).

Quote Originally Posted by Lemur View Post
    I love my little Wisconsin town. Nobody locks their cars. When you pass by the schools, all of the bicycles are racked up without chains or cables. Most folks don't even lock the doors on their homes.

And yet we do have drug problems, namely the crystal meth epidemic that is hitting pretty much all of rural America. I don't really know why property crime is such a non-issue here. It's not as though the population is homogeneous, and it's not like people from cities don't move here (witness the lemur clan).
    lmao, you are in WI?! (I should have known because of the cheddar reference ) lol, I never knew. :P When I get back to the States, maybe I will look you up some time. Which part of WI do you live in? I live in Portage county, in the center.
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

I get back to the States, maybe I will look you up some time.
    I'd run to Russia. It's like Wisconsin, but not that cold (woad&fangs shameful reversal)

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

Quote Originally Posted by Caius View Post
    I'd run to Russia. It's like Wisconsin, but not that cold (woad&fangs shameful reversal)
    lol, you must come from WI too!

Prince of Maldonia Member Toby and Kiki Champion, Goo Slasher Champion, Frogger Champion woad&fangs's Avatar

Caius is from Argentina. I on the other hand am one of those Dane county nutjobs

Sorry to hear about your radio, Strike.
    Why did the chicken cross the road?

So that its subjects will view it with admiration, as a chicken which has the daring and courage to boldly cross the road,
    but also with fear, for whom among them has the strength to contend with such a paragon of avian virtue? In such a manner is the princely
    chicken's dominion maintained. ~Machiavelli

Quote Originally Posted by woad&fangs View Post
    Caius is from Argentina. I on the other hand am one of those Dane county nutjobs

Sorry to hear about your radio, Strike.
    lol, of course I know where Caius is from. I was making a joke. Yeah, I heard bad rumors about you Dane county types...just stay away from me.

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Tough luck man. At least nothing else got stolen.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Probably Drunk Member Reverend Joe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    AND I WANT JUSTICE.

Yesterday morning I went to my truck all happy and giddy to go home for easter and was greeted by an unlocked door (with a coat hanger on the ground) and wires right where a neat little radio used to be.

Thankfully they didn't break any windows or take anything else.

I drive a a 03 F-150 with about 6 dents in it. I think I was targeted because of my manual locks.

Oh well, you live and you learn.
    Mother ******... if you find out who it is, get some friends together and deliver some frontier-style justice. (Be discreet about it, though, and don't get caught... maybe just break all his car windows or his computer or something.)

It really sucks that it was because you had manual locks that you got hit. I would prefer manual locks on my car, because I just don't trust something that can break and get me locked inside my car (luckily I have crank windows in case of that emergency) or, worse yet, outside of the car so the only way to fix the situation is to break my window. I would really hate to be punished for exercising basic safety and common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Joe View Post
    Mother ******... if you find out who it is, get some friends together and deliver some frontier-style justice. (Be discreet about it, though, and don't get caught... maybe just break all his car windows or his computer or something.)

It really sucks that it was because you had manual locks that you got hit. I would prefer manual locks on my car, because I just don't trust something that can break and get me locked inside my car (luckily I have crank windows in case of that emergency) or, worse yet, outside of the car so the only way to fix the situation is to break my window. I would really hate to be punished for exercising basic safety and common sense.
    Better advice, if you find out who did it, go to the law. Do not become a criminal yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Vuk View Post
    Better advice, if you find out who did it, go to the law. Do not become a criminal yourself.
    Well, only if he can prove it; stuff like this is usually impossible to prove.

It is best NOT to break the law, period.

Devout worshipper of Bilious Member miotas's Avatar

It is best NOT to break the law, period.
    Definitely, just because they robbed you doesn't give you the right to perform criminal acts against them. The bible is a bad book to take advice from, an eye for an eye just leaves everyone blind.

That said, criminals need to be punished, but this should be done by the police.

- Four Horsemen of the Presence

They say revenge is psychologically unsatisfying.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasaki Kojiro View Post
    Well, they happen to be wrong.

And what's a Yankee know about all this anyhow?
    Last edited by Reverend Joe; 04-11-2009 at 23:51.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1...ubmed_RVDocSum

People expect to reap hedonic rewards when they punish an offender, but in at least some instances, revenge has hedonic consequences that are precisely the opposite of what people expect. Three studies showed that (a) one reason for this is that people who punish continue to ruminate about the offender, whereas those who do not punish "move on" and think less about the offender, and (b) people fail to appreciate the different affective consequences of witnessing and instigating punishment.

Just what I expected... what do them fancy-ass doctors know about anything anyhow? Not a damn thing, that's what. Anyhow, this guy deserves to be taught a lesson.

Arena Senior Member Crazed Rabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I feel your pain. Somebody robbed my motorcycle cover one night this winter - what a pain in the ***.

And earlier, me and a friend were robbed. Luckily, some other people who also got robbed caught the guy on his way back to his dorm, but they didn't hold him. That made me and my friend, a karate instructor, quite disappointed.

CR
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail; its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter; the rain may enter; but the King of England cannot enter – all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement! - William Pitt the Elder

Post Re: I Was The Victim Of A Crime.

I find them psychologically enjoyable.

Tough luck about the theft, Strike. So many jerks in this world, man.

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

Agreed. Doctoring is way-overhyped. Bunch a fancy funny talkers think they know what's best for me?
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

TexMec Senior Member Louis VI the Fat's Avatar

Default Re : I Was The Victim Of A Crime.

I hate this sort of crime. Hope you'll find him and can go all Texan on his sorry ass.
    Anything unrelated to elephants is irrelephant
    Texan by birth, woodpecker by the grace of God
    I would be the voice of your conscience if you had one - Brenus
    Bt why woulf we uy lsn'y Staraft - Fragony
    Not everything
    blue and underlined is a link

Doodle?
    This space intentionally left blank

Nobody expects the Senior Member Lemur's Avatar

lmao, you are in WI?! (I should have known because of the cheddar reference ) lol, I never knew. :P When I get back to the States, maybe I will look you up some time. Which part of WI do you live in? I live in Portage county, in the center.
    Portage, wooo, you're up on the same longitude as Green Bay. I'm down in southeast WI, Walworth County to be exact. We're the part of the state that has jobs and money.

(I have no idea if it's true or not, but a very smart longtime resident told me that if you chopped off the southeastern corner of Wisconsin, the average wage for the state would drop to $10 per hour. That makes us the high-rolling fat cats.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast