Thread: game stopped working

Default game stopped working

I haven't had any serious game issues, but today, I clicked the old steam icon, it loaded and put itself on the taskbar and then nothing. The game doesn't start.. Where did my game go? I am tempted to uninstall/reload, but haven't figured out my save game location. I can't find my "appdata" folder (hidden?).... but in any case, why won't my game run?
    btw, it ran nicely on very high specs.. I was halfway thru the independance campaign. I suppose losing that won't be the end of the world..

Terry

Default Re: game stopped working

This is a nightmare in the making. I decided to uninstall and reinstall. Now, when I get to the cd key registration, it says that one is already activated and this install will now cancel. Sigh... for the good old days of copy protection... Now what? I have the steam client installed but the support area is designed to discourage people from getting any support. They say to read the faqs. I think I might go back to mtw2...

can't you go to steam and click the "check file integrity thing"?

Don't ever get to be 60 and forget both your password and the answer to your secret question. Whew, I spent some time plugging in stuff that I thought might have been what I put in so quickly a month ago. Still don't know why the game stopped working though but I am back in the ballgame.

Terry