Thread: Getting Louisiana to Join

Default Getting Louisiana to Join

I recently captured the Iroquois territories in my French game but Louisiana won't join my faction.

Is it suppose to immediately join your faction or do I have to wait a few turns? I have over 100+ relations with them so this is quite odd.

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Default Re: Getting Louisiana to Join

As the British the instant I completed the requirements the Thirteen Colonies joined me, are you sure you have gained all the regions you need? Check the missions tab to double check exactly what you need.

IIRC you need the Cherokee's capital too as well as Niagara and Michigan for Louisiana to join your faction.

That is correct. You need two Iriquois & one Cherokee territory to annex Louisiana. Click on the Cup icon to see your victory requirements. The middle tab is the Missions tab. You can see which territories you need there.
    Ancestry: Turkish & Irish. Guess my favorite factions!

Post Re: Getting Louisiana to Join

Or you can backstab Louisiana and just take their Mississippi territories.

Yeah I didn't triple check the requirements. But I was going to fight the Cherokee anyway so all is well.

Slixpoitation Member A Very Super Market's Avatar
    Vancouver, BC, Canada, North America, Terra, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe

Louisiana is only two territories comparted to the 7 British colonies, and massive New Spain. Just bulldoze them and save yourself the trouble of fighting a horde of Natives.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    WELCOME TO AVSM
    Cool store, bro! I want some ham.
    No ham, pepsi.
    They make deli slices of frozen pepsi now? Awesome!
    You also need to purchase a small freezer for storage of your pepsi.
    It runs on batteries. You'll need a few.
    Uhh, I guess I won't have pepsi then. Do you have change for a twenty?
    You can sift through the penny jar
    ALL WILL BE CONTINUED

- Proud Horseman of the Presence

Well, I'm not fighting only for Louisiana. I'm fighting for territories and if I can ably conquer the Iroquois and Cherokee and get two provinces free, why not?

Although native bowman are highly annoying they are easier to deal with ATM than the British Navy and lost trade income from Spain.

Quote Originally Posted by Miracle View Post
    Well, I'm not fighting only for Louisiana. I'm fighting for territories and if I can ably conquer the Iroquois and Cherokee and get two provinces free, why not?

Although native bowman are highly annoying they are easier to deal with ATM than the British Navy and lost trade income from Spain.
    Not to mention conquering them would net you annother -20 "Territorial Expansion" penalty in diplomacy with European powers on top of any other territories conquered whereas completeing the mission gets you the extra 2 provinces without said diplomatic penalty .

An extra -20 can make a big difference in getting and keeping allies , trade agreements and causing alliances to unravell when one nation attacks you but their allies {even when not your allies sometimes} are called on but like you enough to not want war with you {and break their alliance with the agressor} .
    7 out of 10 people like me ,
    I'm not going to change for the other three .