Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'll be alone for 9 days

Senior Member Senior Member Beefy187's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default I'll be alone for 9 days

This is not like "I'm lonely. Care to come over?" kind of a thread.

My mother has left overseas for a short period as she miss her country and my father will be joining her tommorow. I was invited to come along but I refused.

Why? For one, I am tad busy with my study and theres no way I'm going to keep up if I'm in China.

For two, I'm hosting a game of mafia and playing a few.

For three... Well I don't mind a oppotunity to totally be alone for 9 days. I do have my grandma and uncle with me but they live in the different building.

So it looks like I'll be cooking, cleaning, doing the washing and everything by my self added to everything else I normally do.

Its my first time ever of being alone for more then a day. Not counting the boarding house. So its going to be the day when Beefy turns big!!

Is there any advice from any of you living by your self/ used to live by your self? Whats the usual traps? Any encouragement and cheering would be nice too

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    Beefy, you are a silly moo moo at times, aren't you?

Default Re: I'll be alone for 9 days

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy187 View Post

My mother has left overseas for a short period as she miss her country and my father will be joining her tommorow. I was invited to come along but I refused.

Why? For one, I am tad busy with my study and theres no way I'm going to keep up if I'm in China.

For three... Well I don't mind a oppotunity to totally be alone for 9 days. I do have my grandma and uncle with me but they live in the different building.

So it looks like I'll be cooking, cleaning, doing the washing and everything by my self added to everything else I normally do.

Its my first time ever of being alone for more then a day. Not counting the boarding house. So its going to be the day when Beefy turns big!!

Is there any advice from any of you living by your self/ used to live by your self? Whats the usual traps? Any encouragement and cheering would be nice too

Thanks
    When you wash clothes, segregation of blacks and whites is a good thing, or else you will get a purplish race of sock, t-shirts, and underwear. I found that one out the hard way. :P I live like a total slob, so any advice I give would probably not do you any good, so all I will say is have fun, and take advantage of and enjoy your time alone.
    *parental instinct kicks in*
    And don't do anything dumb while they are away, because no one will be around to help you!
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

Thumbs up Re: I'll be alone for 9 days

Now you can bring the girls to your den in freedom.

Devout worshipper of Bilious Member miotas's Avatar

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Thanks

Now is your chance to live completely freely, walk around in the nude and relish you new found freedom.

May I ask how old beefy is?

Quote Originally Posted by Vuk View Post
    When you wash clothes, segregation of blacks and whites is a good thing, or else you will get a purplish race of sock, t-shirts, and underwear. I found that one out the hard way. :P I live like a total slob, so any advice I give would probably not do you any good, so all I will say is have fun, and take advantage of and enjoy your time alone.
    *parental instinct kicks in*
    And don't do anything dumb while they are away, because no one will be around to help you!
    I have never had this happen, I have always found it strange how in sitcoms they say you have to separate colours from whites when washing. Maybe we just have superior washing powder here

- Four Horsemen of the Presence

Quote Originally Posted by miotas View Post

Now is your chance to live completely freely, walk around in the nude and relish you new found freedom.

I have never had this happen, I have always found it strange how in sitcoms they say you have to separate colours from whites when washing. Maybe we just have superior washing powder here
    I have never had the problem in the states, but here in Hungary I have. Now I am doomed to walk around in off-purple underwear for all of eternity! :P
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

You have to do this. No exceptions. It's a requirement or something.
    Last edited by Csargo; 04-12-2009 at 11:25.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Blog Entries

To honor you, I shall spend a entire day in my half of the building... Nude

17 (Turning 18 in few months), never had a girl friend, don't have alot of friend around (came back from Australia recently) so I seriously doubt the possibility of partying.

17 (Turning 18 in few months), never had a girl friend, don't have alot of friend around (came back from Australia recently) so I seriously doubt the possibility of partying.

Hey, at least you are one of the few guys out there with the balls to admit it. There is nothing wrong with that though, you are only 17.

Well you're still going better than me, I'm twenty and still single.

That nudity advice should be taken with some caution, here in australia it is quite sensible advice, but in some parts of the world I imagine going tackle out could be very dangerous
    Last edited by miotas; 04-12-2009 at 12:17.

Blog Entries

Well you're still going better than me, I'm twenty and still single.

That nudity advice should be taken with some caution, here in australia it is quite sensible advice, but in some parts of the world I imagine going tackle out could be very dangerous
    I don't plan to leave my room except for meals and greeting someone outside.

If that happens, I'll quickly put on my body armours.

Be assured I don't plan to get caught by a police for nudity

I don't plan to leave my room except for meals and greeting someone outside.

If that happens, I'll quickly put on my body armours.

Be assured I don't plan to get caught by a police for nudity
    I was talking about weather, I imagine that in colder climates nudity wouldn't be inadvisable(unless of course you're russian). But yes answering the door in your b'day suit would not be advisable either

Blog Entries

I was talking about weather, I imagine that in colder climates nudity wouldn't be inadvisable(unless of course you're russian). But yes answering the door in your b'day suit would not be advisable either
    Spring.. Mixture of cold breeze and heat wave. Thus more likely to catch a cold...

I think I might just shut the window, and my door.

Though if my Grandma decides to check out if I'm alright, I would be in deep trouble....

Anyway... Whos good at cooking? I'm awful and I might need to know a few easy recipes
    Last edited by Beefy187; 04-12-2009 at 12:36.

Ranting madman of the .org Senior Member Fly Shoot Champion, Helicopter Champion, Pedestrian Killer Champion, Sharpshooter Champion, NFS Underground Champion Rhyfelwyr's Avatar

The microwave is your friend.
    At the end of the day politics is just trash compared to the Gospel.

Anyway... Whos good at cooking? I'm awful and I might need to know a few easy recipes
    You should cook soup. Throw some meat and veggies in a boiling pot of water, add some vegetable stock and any herbs and spices you want, then simply wait half an hour for the food to cook itself.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyfelwyr View Post
    The microwave is your friend.
    Making noodles and instant meals are a easy resolutions. But I want to learn cooking for real

I can make simple miso soups or salads
    Anything else would turn into weapons

Simple and easy recipe that not even a guy can mess up:

Mix up sour cream and what ever spices you want
    Hard boil 2 dozen eggs
    Grease the bottom of a baking pan with butter
    Lay a little sour cream down
    put some slices of hard boiled eggs on that
    put some thinly sliced sausage of your liking on top of that, repeat till you reach the top of the pan or run out of ingredients.

If you use different spices and different sausage, and different amounts of ingredients each time, it will always be something different. It will feed you the whole day, and maybe two.

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

And probably get you a stroke or two as well, Vuk.

I buy those japanese curry cubes quite often. At the back it tells you exactly what to do as well. (Just get chicken thighs or large legs or drumsticks - never breast, for a total of 1kg or 1.3kg of meat. Also 1 large potato and 6 medium carrots) That will last you about 4-5 meals. Oh, and add all 6 cubes and total about 800 ml water.

Meat (pork, beef) steak is quite simple too. Fry in a bit of oil (just enough to cover base of ban when hot) and turn them every few mins. I like em well done so total about 15 mins. Add mushrooms (sliced or simply peel with your fingers) and onions (chopped any way you like) about 1/3 of the way in. Serve with cooked rice.

Pork steaks (especially shoulder/neck) you can also bake to make em more tender. Glaze very lightly with oil, marinade (touch up) with light soy, some salt and pepper. Honey or sweet/sour sauce optional. Then put on foil in the oven at ~200°C for 35 or so mins. Make sure the meat isn't red inside or put it back for another 10.

For vegetables, you can get 2 large pak choi (lasts 1 meal). Peel off each "part" and then wash thoroughly in warm water. Throw stalk and center stuffs away. Cut off the bottom bits of each "part". Then put the similar size "parts" on top of each other and slice through the center vertically and then several times horizontally. Rinse and repeat till its all nicely chopped. Now get 1 garlic tooth, peel it, chop off the top and bottom. Crush with the side of a large knife. Throw it in a smallish pot with a drizzle of oil and fry for just under a minute. Add in all the Pak choi at once. It may look as if it won't fit, but it will shrink eventually. Let it fry and move stuff around with a wooden spoon or similar for a few mins (stir fry), then add about 1 cup of water and let it cook (lid on) for about 5 mins. Ready to eat.

There's also Tomatoes and Egg. Take about 5 eggs and 4 medium sized (larger than fist) tomatoes. That should last you 3 meals. Chop tomatoes in 1/8 each, removing the top and bottom bits of each. Then fry in some oil all 5 eggs raw, using a wooden spoon or similar to move it around so it doesn't stick. Add a bit of salt and pepper. Once the eggs turn white/yellowish, add 2 tea spoons of cornflour (optional, but good idea) and half a cup of water. Mix for a little while and add tomatoes to the pot. Let simmer for about 6 or so mins with lid on and serve.

23 and no gf, ever
    Last edited by FactionHeir; 04-12-2009 at 15:07.
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

Master of Few Words Senior Member KukriKhan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy187
    But I want to learn cooking for real
    If you have zero experience cooking, but want to learn to fend for your self, I recommend starting with breakfast. It's the simplest meal to prepare (and some folks say it's the most important meal of the day), and will introduce you to the kitchen, the stove, pots and pans, and utensils.

Start with bacon and scrambled eggs.

Cooking (with fire) is all about planning ahead. You don't want to be in the middle of having something in the pan, over a hot fire, and suddenly realizing "Oh, I need this thing, or that! But I can't stop paying attention to this pan and fire right now! I might burn down the house.".

So, looking ahead, assemble near you:

a small fry pan
    a spatula
    a fork
    a plate
    a piece of paper towel
    a small bowl
    2 eggs
    4 slices of bacon
    1 slice of your favorite cheese

Start with the bacon (cuz it takes longer): heat the fry pan up to medium heat (should take about 15 seconds); put in the bacon slices. After about 1 minute, flip the slices over with the fork. Wait another minute, and flip 'em again. Repeat a couple more times, until the bacon looks like the crispiness you like.

Take the bacon out of the pan and place them on the paper towel to drain. Turn off the fire under the pan.

Crack the eggs on the rim of the bowl (this takes a little practice, if you have never done it before; but you'll catch on quickly), and pour the contents into the bowl. Stir the eggs up with the fork.

Heat up the fry pan to medium heat, and pour the eggs out of the bowl, into the fry pan. It makes a pancake-looking thing in the pan, and the outside edges start to curl up a bit.

Take your spatula and break up the mass of eggs, and stir them around in the pan, until you see no more "shine" on the eggs. Turn off the fire.

Using the spatula, lift the eggs out of the fry pan, and onto the dish. Add the bacon, and put the slice of cheese on top of the eggs.

Sit down and eat.

Clean up all the stuff you used (or at least soak them in water in the sink, so they are easier to clean later).
    Be well. Do good. Keep in touch.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    If you have zero experience cooking, but want to learn to fend for your self, I recommend starting with breakfast. It's the simplest meal to prepare (and some folks say it's the most important meal of the day), and will introduce you to the kitchen, the stove, pots and pans, and utensils.

Start with bacon and scrambled eggs.

Cooking (with fire) is all about planning ahead. You don't want to be in the middle of having something in the pan, over a hot fire, and suddenly realizing "Oh, I need this thing, or that! But I can't stop paying attention to this pan and fire right now! I might burn down the house.".

So, looking ahead, assemble near you:

a small fry pan
    a spatula
    a fork
    a plate
    a piece of paper towel
    a small bowl
    2 eggs
    4 slices of bacon
    1 slice of your favorite cheese

Start with the bacon (cuz it takes longer): heat the fry pan up to medium heat (should take about 15 seconds); put in the bacon slices. After about 1 minute, flip the slices over with the fork. Wait another minute, and flip 'em again. Repeat a couple more times, until the bacon looks like the crispiness you like.

Take the bacon out of the pan and place them on the paper towel to drain. Turn off the fire under the pan.

Crack the eggs on the rim of the bowl (this takes a little practice, if you have never done it before; but you'll catch on quickly), and pour the contents into the bowl. Stir the eggs up with the fork.

Heat up the fry pan to medium heat, and pour the eggs out of the bowl, into the fry pan. It makes a pancake-looking thing in the pan, and the outside edges start to curl up a bit.

Take your spatula and break up the mass of eggs, and stir them around in the pan, until you see no more "shine" on the eggs. Turn off the fire.

Using the spatula, lift the eggs out of the fry pan, and onto the dish. Add the bacon, and put the slice of cheese on top of the eggs.

Sit down and eat.

Clean up all the stuff you used (or at least soak them in water in the sink, so they are easier to clean later).

Agreed, but you can make it healthier and easier if you do not use bacon, but instead dump a can of tuna into your bowl and mix it in with the eggs. It is called *drumroll* Scrambled Eggs and Tuna
    :P
    Really easy to make, exceptionally tasty, very healthy, less to clean.
    :P

EDIT: And if you try to put cheese on this, you will not like the results. :P
    Last edited by Vuk; 04-12-2009 at 15:19.

Blog Entries

Will be making breakfast, lunch and Dinner for my self tommorow, although my dad made a large stock of curry using the Japanese curry cubes already which should last me for a while..
    Though I plan not to depend on it too much (Shame I can eat the same curry for every meal without getting bored..Thats how much I love curry)

Day after I'll have to make dinner for my grandmother as well which should be less oiley then what I usually eat.

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

Its only oily if you add too much oil ;)
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You need a George Foreman grill. Those things are freakin' amazing.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Ranting madman of the .org Senior Member Fly Shoot Champion, Helicopter Champion, Pedestrian Killer Champion, Sharpshooter Champion, NFS Underground Champion Rhyfelwyr's Avatar

Making noodles and instant meals are a easy resolutions. But I want to learn cooking for real
    Then you are a braver man than me.
    At the end of the day politics is just trash compared to the Gospel.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinseikhaan View Post
    You need a George Foreman grill. Those things are freakin' amazing.
    Yes a George Foreman grill is an invaluable tool.

but if you want to impress the grand parents you should do a roast, chook, lamb, beef, take your pick.

despite what everyone thinks they are very easy.

you need a baking tray, a rack to put the roast on and an oven at 200 degrees celcius(not sure what that is in fahrenheit)

you can buy a plain roast and marinate it yourself or buy a pre marinated one from the supermarket.

cook it for about 30mins for every 500g

if you have a fan forced oven you can just put the roast in and set an alarm for when its done, if not you will need to rotate it a few times,

put all the veggies in about 45mins before the roast is done. if you do potatoes then don't peel them, they taste much better in their jackets, but you will need to cut them in half if you don't peel them

then serve and enjoy

the plus side is you've got cold meat for a few days worth of sangers.

Bastion of Sanity Member Captain Blackadder's Avatar

Make your own pizza.Its easy if you get a pre package base.Get some tomatoes,cheese and various other things and your away.

Coming Soon to a Gameroom Near You

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

Spaghetti FTW.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

Finder of Little Oddities Senior Member Makanyane's Avatar

Curry FTW

at simplest version - buy curry sauce,
    put that and anything else in fridge not past use-by date in same pan and simmer for an hour.

Normal rules of planning to be alone for weekend (adult version) - plan that without other half / family / friends interfering, you'll get all outstanding jobs done; paperwork, cleaning, garden, diy, re-decoration, finishing mod, testing game, etc... etc... - actually achieve; play with cat, read news, eat curry, fall asleep in front of telly...
    Not used mods before? Looking for something small and fun?!
    Download the:

Master of Few Words Senior Member KukriKhan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Makanyane View Post

Normal rules of planning to be alone for weekend (adult version) - plan that without other half / family / friends interfering, you'll get all outstanding jobs done; paperwork, cleaning, garden, diy, re-decoration, finishing mod, testing game, etc... etc... - actually achieve; play with cat, read news, eat curry, fall asleep in front of telly...
    LOL, ain't that the truth? My Missus is out-of-town visiting her Mum for 2 weeks, and I have "The List". I intend well, but I know me: if I get 10% crossed off the list, I'll count myself successful.
    Be well. Do good. Keep in touch.

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

one word:
    party
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You cooked fine on ironbark though didnt you?

I know you'll do fine beefy.

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast