Thread: Larger pm box

Blog Entries

Default Larger pm box

Could Tosa please implement a feature where are pm box can hold at least double the volume it can now (400 if possible) countless times do I have important pm's stored & countless times do I have to delete them as my box is full, therefore losing vital info on the games I participate in.

But I don't just speak for me, I've seen pm box issues from various people, and the twc has no limits, so why no limits here too?

And don't patronize me please and say it's not needed because it is for me. All I need to know is if it can be increased or not & why.

Thank you
    Last edited by Thermal; 04-14-2009 at 01:19.

Senior Member Senior Member Beefy187's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Larger pm box

iirc, this is already the case for the throne room hosts. If mafia game hosts could receive the same privillage that will be very nice

I am in 3 games right now and hosting one game my self, and I am having to delete a page worth of pms per day to leave some space for more and in few more days, I should be hitting the page with important pms for the ongoing games.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    Beefy, you are a silly moo moo at times, aren't you?

I never have a problem with large games, as I don't believe in keeping every inter-player message.
    Unless it has incriminating evidence.

I did however have oddles of problems in Capo II. That was massive.

By the way, now that this issue has been settled; When comes Capo III?

Blog Entries

Capo is 11 cue down on the large games Glenn. So it will take a while.

I try to delete my pms which has no point in keeping them, but they get annoying when I have to pick the ones I don't need and picks the one I do need. Especially when I don't have much time to spare.

While Simpsons Mafia isn't that bad, Council of Villains is taking a fair few, as well as the massive amount of pms going in and out on Noble Sons II which I have to keep some for the record.

As well as that, I am playing Tainted Evil, which requires some pming due to alliances.

Normally it won't be a issue, but when your playing a role playing based game, or a hosting game your self, mafia players requires alot more pm space then they do now.

Headless Senior Member Pannonian's Avatar

Tosa usually allows game hosts a larger PM box, but if you're having problems, you can export PMs as a text file. At the bottom of the page, it says "Download all Private Messages as:", and you have a choice of xml, csv, or text.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    Tosa usually allows game hosts a larger PM box, but if you're having problems, you can export PMs as a text file. At the bottom of the page, it says "Download all Private Messages as:", and you have a choice of xml, csv, or text.
    I'll give that a go for a while

Cheers for that Pannonian

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Mafia game hosts used to get a boost to what it currently is. When did the global upgrade happen? A while back.

You don't need that many. As Pann said, save as text files. Bigger boxes means more space = more cost.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

Headless Senior Member Pannonian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pevergreen View Post
    Mafia game hosts used to get a boost to what it currently is. When did the global upgrade happen? A while back.

You don't need that many. As Pann said, save as text files. Bigger boxes means more space = more cost.
    Also, IIRC the Org is on a shared host, so it has to make accommodations with the host, whereas TWC's server is dedicated to TWC only. TWC's recent move to a new server means that the admins have an even freer hand in customising and allocating resources.