Thread: The Witcher:EE

Default The Witcher:EE

Well, yesterday I went and bought the Witcher EE and I must say that it has so far been ok, this probabaly because I am stuck almost at the begining of the damned game! I have saved Abigail from those vile peasants, after she kindly offered me something in return. But now I am stuck at the Beast bit, I have no potions except for The Owl and I keep getting Geralt killed within a few minutes, I am now close to beating my pc in frustration.

All help is very much needed

Sig by Durango

Now that the House of Commons is trying to become useful, it does a great deal of harm.
    -Oscar Wilde

Default Re: The Witcher:EE

Kill off the green dogs quickly then hit the beast with all you've got. No use trying the knockout sign (that's the only one you get till then i think) since the dogs jump back up quickly.
    Best bet is to kill the dogs, then go for the beast, then kill them again when they respawn and then go for the beast again....

The horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight.

Semi-Corruptible Member White_eyes:D's Avatar

I think its best to only kill two dogs. If you kill all three....it absorbs there body's and regains HP and summons three more. If stuck, refer to your journal.

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

47 pages of discussion and solutions
    http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=2424.0

My personal way of doing it is wait till its about 22:00 in the cave, coat your steel blade with specter oil, drink a nigredo and a rubedo one. Best would be tawny owl and swallow, see which ingredients you can get most easily for either to make the above.

Then go out, quickly click yourself through the cutscene (as time runs in the background and thus your potions too) and start off with steel group style (be sure to change to that before you leave the cave, as changing style after drawing your weapon makes you lose time). Use it to attack the beast and once the barghests around it are mostly dead, swap to strong style and hit it. You can use an aard in between if things get messy, but shouldn't have to. Igni won't do much on the other hand.

You can of course also do it the cheesy way and touch a place of power and a circle of wind before entering the cave at about 20:00 or later and then just blast the beast with an aard (you would have to have focussed you build on it though) for a 1-hit kill.
    Last edited by FactionHeir; 04-17-2009 at 13:21.
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

Semi-Corruptible Member White_eyes:D's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FactionHeir View Post
    You can of course also do it the cheesy way and touch a place of power and a circle of wind before entering the cave at about 20:00 or later and then just blast the beast with an aard (you would have to have focussed you build on it though) for a 1-hit kill.
    ??? You can kill it that way??? I always do things the hard way it seems...

You can kill most any monster and boss that way actually. Except for a select few.
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

Well I managed to stun it then just use a finishing sword sweep on it, sweet. Now in Vizima trying to save up for the lighting rod, gah it is so expensive.

Sig by Durango

Now that the House of Commons is trying to become useful, it does a great deal of harm.
    -Oscar Wilde

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

I never did manage to get past the beast, and the game seemed so interesting. May have to give it a go again sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by Bopa the Magyar View Post
    Well I managed to stun it then just use a finishing sword sweep on it, sweet. Now in Vizima trying to save up for the lighting rod, gah it is so expensive.

Play for the money. Box for the money. I made my fortune in dice.
    Last edited by rajpoot; 04-21-2009 at 17:54.

The horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight.

Or just walk about the non human quarter at night and kill Salamandra
    Side questing helps a lot too.

Remember to pick up and sell anything that isn't nailed to a board. Torches and large axes are worth quite a bit for example.
    Last edited by FactionHeir; 04-24-2009 at 12:31.