Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Republika Molotova Revolts

Gentis Daciae Member Cronos Impera's Avatar

Default Republika Molotova Revolts

This is the unofficial name of the Republic of Moldova, a country full of people who refuse to declare they're Russian/Romanian and name themselves Moldovan just to get free gas from Russia and an EU passport from Romania. This practical joke of a state is the very essance of opportunism and corruption.
    Just imagine. Let's just pretend the majority of Kosovo declared themselves Kosovars and impose visas on Albanians, banned Albanian flags and impose visas on Albanian citizens. Despite the fact that Kosovar Albanians now have an official flag and working Parliment and Government, at Independence Day they waved Albanian flags , nor Serbian, nor Kosovar, but Albanian flags.
    When Moldova (Bessarabia) broke from the Soviet Union, Romanians from the other side of the river Prut (the state boundry between RMD and RO) formed a flower bridge, hoping for the reunification of Greater Romania (which comprised both in the Interwar Period). The so-called "Moldovans" from the other bank beat the **** out of them. The independence was recognised internationally, the wars in Transnistria began and history goes on.
    From Romania they gained:
    - free passports (citizen rights equal to those of Romanians)
    - financial aid
    - free electricity
    - free scholarships and facilities for students in the finest Romanian Universities

What did they give back instead?
    - ban on textbooks and newspapers of Romanian origins
    - censorship of Romanian-based Television
    - arrests, beatings and expulsions of pro-Romanian youth
    - imposing special visas for Romanian citizens who want to travel in Moldova
    -reprisals
    -more beatings

This state is now in turmoil and is ready to provide Europe with THE LAST ANTI-COMMUNIST REVOLUTION.
    This is the manifesoto of the pro-Romanian "Moldovan" youth to Europe and the World. The elections have been rigged as usual and the voting lists ware filled by many dead or missing citizens. Thus the anti-Romanian Communist party won 61 of the 110 seats in the Parliment. Students from Romania as well as liberals from Moldova started a peaceful Revolution and things as usual went ugly (190 youths arrested, 3 dead, Parliment in flames). Voronin as usual blames Romania and European Secret Agencies for the mess.
    Here is the open letter of the protesters
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Open Letter

The Committee for free elections in Republic of Moldova
    Towards
    The Embassies and Governments of the European Union member states and the United States of America in Bucharest,
    European Parliament
    European Commission
    Council of Europe

The Committee for free elections in Moldova, established in Bucharest on 8 April 2009, aims to coordinate the spread of the correct information on the situation created by the communist regime from Chisinau. In order to achieve the objective proposed:

1. We demand the release of all arrested persons and appropriate medical treatment for the wounded. We seek the support of the media in this campaign to promote the respect for human rights and democratization in Moldova.
    2. We demand the invalidation of election results from 5th of April, fraud by the communist authorities from Chisinau.
    3. We demand the organization of a new scrutiny under the supervision of the Council of Europe, European Union, USA, Russia, Ukraine, Turkey.
    4. We demand the organization of a free election campaign, lasting at least 30 days under the securities described below.
    5. We demand the control of public television and radio in Chisinau by a Governing Board, consisting of scientific and cultural personalities politically unaffiliated, under the protection of international and national observers.
    6. We demand that the citizen Vladimir Voronin not to make statements and use of presidential powers, as his mandate of 4 years expired on the 7th of April and has already entered into conflict with the Criminal Code of the Republic of Moldova.
    7. We demand to the Central Electoral Commission to send to the judicial authorities the evidences of the massive electoral fraud which was committed.
    8. We demand that the General Prosecution of the Republic of Moldova to investigate the fraud, professionally and transparent for inside and foreign observers.
    9. We call for the support of the European Commission for the young demonstrators from the Great National Assembly Square in Chisinau which hope to have a state of law through free elections, to freedom and democracy.
    10. We will warrant lawyers from the European Union to appoint our rightful purpose.
    11. We ask for all the public actors to support and promote norms and values in the Republic of Moldova.
    12. We demand the political leaders from Chisinau to undertake and support our message in public.

We set forth provisional headquarter of the Committee for Free elections in the Republic of Moldova in Bucharest, Batistei Street no 24A,
    Last edited by Cronos Impera; 04-17-2009 at 22:07.
    " If you don't want me, I want you! Alexandru Lapusneanul"
    "They are a stupid mob, but neverless they are a mob! Alexandru Lapusneanul"

Default Re: Republika Molotova Revolts

Something happening in another tiny piece of the balkans nobody cares about?

Great...
    Still maintain that crying on the pitch should warrant a 3 match ban

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

“If there is ever another war in Europe, it will come out of some damned silly thing in the Balkans”

Words to live by
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Chieftain of the Pudding Race Member Evil_Maniac From Mars's Avatar

I don't think that it is even technically part of the Balkans.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Maniac From Mars View Post
    I don't think that it is even technically part of the Balkans.
    Dang!

Oh well, it's not like anyone cares about eastern europe either, so....

Part-Time Polemic Senior Member ICantSpellDawg's Avatar

I get the feeling that you hate geography and demography, Horetore.
    Last edited by ICantSpellDawg; 04-17-2009 at 23:26.
    "That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
    -Eric "George Orwell" Blair

"If the policy of the government, upon vital questions affecting the whole people, is to be irrevocably fixed by decisions of the Supreme Court...the people will have ceased to be their own rulers, having to that extent practically resigned the government into the hands of that eminent tribunal."
    (Lincoln's First Inaugural Address, 1861).
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Isn't Russia supposed to have this place on lockdown? If they can't do this than doesn't that make them just a really big Belarus?

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Horse Archer Senior Member Sarmatian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HoreTore View Post
    Dang!

Oh well, it's not like anyone cares about eastern europe either, so....
    It's a good thing so many people care about Scandinavia... I spent entire day scratching my scrotum and thinking about it...

Just because you think you're better than anyone else and don't give a **** about Balkans, eastern Europe or whatever part of the world you don't deem civilized or worthy enough of being graced by your thoughts, it doesn't mean that people everywhere else are like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarmatian View Post
    It's a good thing so many people care about Scandinavia... I spent entire day scratching my scrotum and thinking about it...

Just because you think you're better than anyone else and don't give a **** about Balkans, eastern Europe or whatever part of the world you don't deem civilized or worthy enough of being graced by your thoughts, it doesn't mean that people everywhere else are like that.
    You have to admit, much of this is just petty nationalism.

Formerly: SwedishFish Member KarlXII's Avatar
    San Diego, California, United States. Malmö/Gothenburg, Sweden. Cities of my ancestors and my favorite places to go!

Other than war, ethnic nationalism and genocide, what has the Balkans shown for itself lately?
    HOW ABOUT 'DEM VIKINGS
    -Martok

Quote Originally Posted by KarlXII View Post
    Other than war, ethnic nationalism and genocide, what has the Balkans shown for itself lately?
    Hey man, Eastern European women a HOT. Especially when they speak english with that accent. I'll be part of there gulag any time.

What has Sweeden shown besides Ikea and ripping off the Italians (one of Gods choosen people) with there subpar meatballs.
    Last edited by Strike For The South; 04-18-2009 at 21:38.

San Diego, California, United States. Malmö/Gothenburg, Sweden. Cities of my ancestors and my favorite places to go!

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Hey man, Eastern European women a HOT. Especially when they speak english with that accent. I'll be part of there gulag any time.

What has Sweeden shown besides Ikea and ripping off the Italians (one of Gods choosen people) with there subpar meatballs.
    Touche, but I don't get pissy when someone mentions it. Also, the Swedes aren't killing the Norwegians and the Norwegians aren't killing the Danes because of petty nationalism and ethnic differences.
    HOW ABOUT 'DEM VIKINGS
    -Martok

Touche, but I don't get pissy when someone mentions it. Also, the Swedes aren't killing the Norwegians and the Norwegians aren't killing the Danes because of petty nationalism and ethnic differences.
    All I need to know

All of you just wish you were Americans. Granted all of you wish you were Frexans (French-Texas alliance) but we are a very selective bunch.

All I need to know

All of you just wish you were Americans. Granted all of you wish you were Frexans (French-Texas alliance) but we are a very selective bunch.
    See? The King of Sweden loves Meatballs and Cooking!

I am American.....I thought I made that very clear a while ago.
    HOW ABOUT 'DEM VIKINGS
    -Martok

See? The King of Sweden loves Meatballs and Cooking!

I am American.....I thought I made that very clear a while ago.
    I know, I just wanted you to prove my point. You dirty immigrant.

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

I personally would take the M9 Beretta stashed in my basement and march on with other people to Moldavia.

No seriously, that place belongs rightfully to Romania, and Russia can off from that place, greedy . They have Siberia and other places, why do you need Moldavia?
    Last edited by edyzmedieval; 04-18-2009 at 21:51.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

I know, I just wanted you to prove my point. You dirty immigrant.
    Nah, that was my grandfather. Funny story about how he got here too.
    HOW ABOUT 'DEM VIKINGS
    -Martok

Nah, that was my grandfather. Funny story about how he got here too.
    Whatever. I can trance my American back to 1620 straight off the boat.

Thank me.

Quote Originally Posted by edyzmedieval View Post
    I personally would take the M9 Beretta stashed in my basement and march on with other people to Moldavia.
    Exactly my point about the Balkans/Eastern Europe.

No seriously, that place belongs rightfully to Romania, and Russia can off from that place, greedy
    That place belongs to who the people decide it belongs to.

They have Siberia and other places, why do you need Moldavia?
    Aren't we all jealous?
    Last edited by KarlXII; 04-18-2009 at 21:55.
    HOW ABOUT 'DEM VIKINGS
    -Martok

[QUOTE=Strike For The South;2213787]Whatever. I can trance my American back to 1620 straight off the boat.QUOTE]

So that was your French family?
    HOW ABOUT 'DEM VIKINGS
    -Martok

[QUOTE=KarlXII;2213791]
    Whatever. I can trance my American back to 1620 straight off the boat.QUOTE]

So that was your French family?
    English. The French was the 1700s there about. Mind you this is only my mums side.

My fathers American side goes back to 1982. Funny story about that to.
    Last edited by Strike For The South; 04-18-2009 at 22:01.

[QUOTE=Strike For The South;2213796]

English. The French was the 1700s there about. Mind you this is only my mums side.

My fathers American side goes back to 1982. Funny story about that to.
    Funny story about your funny story.
    HOW ABOUT 'DEM VIKINGS
    -Martok

Vindicative son of a gun Member Jolt's Avatar
    Chuck Norris' hand is the only hand that can beat a Royal Flush.

Moldavia is for Romania what Kosovo is for Serbia. An example how immigrations by an Empire effectively change the ethnical and culture background of a territory. Albanians moved over to Kosovo during the Ottoman Empire, while immigration of Russian, Ukrainian and Cossacks was heavily supported by the Soviet Union after it annexed Bessarabia prior to WW2 as a means to counter the nationalistic Romanian pressure in the territory. Its Stalin policy at it's best. Pitting ethnicities one against the others. So much that while Moldavia was under Romanian control from 1917-1939, the vast majority of its population were ethnical Romanians, nowadays thanks to the immigration encouraged by Stalin one third of its population is Russian-based. My opinion is that Moldavia should belong to Romania, as much as Kosovo should remain with Serbia, and as Palestine should be granted sole sovereignty over the Israeli and Palestinian territories as there is an historical right of the countries over those regions which has been altered by imposition of foreign powers.
    Last edited by Jolt; 04-19-2009 at 01:57.
    BLARGH!

Ranting madman of the .org Senior Member Fly Shoot Champion, Helicopter Champion, Pedestrian Killer Champion, Sharpshooter Champion, NFS Underground Champion Rhyfelwyr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
    Kosovo should remain with Portugal
    Letting your own bias in here a little bit?
    At the end of the day politics is just trash compared to the Gospel.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyfelwyr View Post
    Letting your own bias in here a little bit?
    Ugh...That. Was. Wrong.
    BLARGH!

Horse Archer Senior Member Sarmatian's Avatar

Depends... If you watch CNN, not a lot... If you try to see for yourself, who knows...

Just to clarify some things, geographical area known today as the Balkans have played a rather important role in European history. Do I need to mention Constantinople or Athens, should I compare them to whatever village there was in Scandinavia at the time? I don't want a pissing contest, just respect that there is 50+ million people at the Balkans and that trying to sum it up as nationalism and genocide is about the same as summing up German history as Nazism... I've traveled around Europe, I've been to a lot of countries, even ventured to North America and Asia and I've never met so biased and narrow minded people as Scandinavians (Swedes especially, actually). Does that give me the right to portray Swedes, Norwegians or Scandinavians in general as some nationalist bigots? I don't think so, but hey, maybe I shouldn't give a **** and do it, like HoreTore does...

Simple respect - even if you don't respect history and cultural heritage of the Balkans (to which there's much more than what you've seen on TV), at least respect that there's a lot of people living there and that they just want to live normal lives... Don't put yourself or your country on a pedestal. The air may not be so clean down here but at least you get more accurate grasp of the situation...

THEY...WON...A...EURO...*sighs*
    BLARGH!

Depends... If you watch CNN, not a lot... If you try to see for yourself, who knows...
    So, first things first, I don't watch CNN, thank you very much.

Just to clarify some things, geographical area known today as the Balkans have played a rather important role in European history.
    Who is denying this?

Do I need to mention Constantinople or Athens, should I compare them to whatever village there was in Scandinavia at the time?
    Should I mention Athens/Constantinople/Rome/Paris/London/Berlin/Munich/Stockholm/Moscow/Novi Sad to add to the pissing contest?

I don't want a pissing contest,
    Apparently you do if you bring up Greek achievements.

just respect that there is 50+ million people at the Balkans and that trying to sum it up as nationalism and genocide is about the same as summing up German history as Nazism...
    How many times has Germany killed 6 million Jews and 2 million other unfavorables compared to the number of times Slavic and Balkan ethnicities killed each other because they were born in the wrong village.

I've traveled around Europe, I've been to a lot of countries, even ventured to North America and Asia and I've never met so biased and narrow minded people as Scandinavians (Swedes especially, actually).
    You claim you don't want a pissing contest, yet you continue with...a pissing contest.

You must have met some pretty hardcore Swedes, as the one's I have met are liberal and open minded.

Does that give me the right to portray Swedes, Norwegians or Scandinavians in general as some nationalist bigots?
    It does if you have proof that Scandinavians are somehow no better than the various groups that committed genocide and ethnic cleansing in the Balkans.

Simple respect - even if you don't respect history and cultural heritage of the Balkans
    It's not that I don't respect the bloody history of the Balkans, but excuse me if I don't respect war crimes and ethnic violence that occurs so much due to the mix of Slavs, Austrians, Italians, Greeks and Muslims that inhabit it.

(to which there's much more than what you've seen on TV)
    How is this relevant? I gain my knowledge from facts of history.

at least respect that there's a lot of people living there and that they just want to live normal lives...
    When have I ever said the contrary?

I don't see, other than petty nationalism, what is so bad about saying that the Balkans have been a hotspot of genocide, ethnic violence and warfare. Who assassinated Franz Ferdinand? Which group enacted race laws, burned down churches, and killed Serbs during the Second World War? Who killed the people at Lašva Valley? Who massacred those Bosniaks at Srebrenica?

This isn't a matter of respect or opinion, these are historical events that have happened.
    Last edited by KarlXII; 04-19-2009 at 05:06.
    HOW ABOUT 'DEM VIKINGS
    -Martok

Do I need to mention Constantinople or Athens, should I compare them to whatever village there was in Scandinavia at the time?
    Nope, since nobody cares about Scandinavia either.

Germany, UK, France, Spain and Italy, those are the basic countries people care about.

Gentis Daciae Member Cronos Impera's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HoreTore View Post
    Nope, since nobody cares about Scandinavia either.

Germany, UK, France, Spain and Italy, those are the basic countries people care about.
    Start producing quality Mead and export it abroad. Then you'll see people care again. And please, don't try experimenting with beer or wine. You'll piss a lot of people around here.
    " If you don't want me, I want you! Alexandru Lapusneanul"
    "They are a stupid mob, but neverless they are a mob! Alexandru Lapusneanul"

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast