Thread: UK police, murderers?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default UK police, murderers?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/8004222.stm

Well after these developments the question needs to be raised urgently about the standard of the UK police force. What makes this dastardly tale of affairs even worse is that it appears our darling home secretary Jacqiue Smith might even be conspiring with the met to cover their foul ways and the fact one of there police officers is ultimately responsible for an innocent mans death. The question needs to be raised as to what the hell these officers are doing, causing the death of those they're supposed to be protecting?

It also highlights the even bigger fact that Labour now simply need to go. This week alone has yet again underlined the embarrassment that is the Brown cabinet. The Brown cabinet? Quite fitting don't you think?

"A lamb goes to the slaughter but a man, he knows when to walk away."

Default Re: UK police, murderers?

Well, the riots were disgrace in any case, it was avery bad place to have them reall wasn't it? It is more than the police whom have to take responsability for that.

However in this case, it is an evident lack of professionalism which lead to that man's death and the officer involoved should be jailed. Overall it probabaly shows a tendency for thugishness rather than murderousness in the British police force and we should not paint them all with the same blood red brush. It would, however be a good start fot the govt. if it really considered the right of people to elect their local police chief.

Sig by Durango

Now that the House of Commons is trying to become useful, it does a great deal of harm.
    -Oscar Wilde

Darkside Medic Senior Member rory_20_uk's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What amazes me is how a pathologist can do an autopsy and decide on heart attack, when another can stumble across free blood in the abdomen. As a medical student I'd've noticed free blood...

The UK isn't a democracy. It's a police state with window dressing.

An enemy that wishes to die for their country is the best sort to face - you both have the same aim in mind.
    Science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings.
    "If you can't trust the local kleptocrat whom you installed by force and prop up with billions of annual dollars, who can you trust?" Lemur
    If you're not a liberal when you're 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by the time you're 35, you have no brain.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute talk with the average voter. Winston Churchill

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Just read yesterday that a second opinion is very often completely different from the first. I dunno about this one, being in the wrong place at the wrong time if you ask me, tragic but nothing more.

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rory_20_uk View Post
    What amazes me is how a pathologist can do an autopsy and decide on heart attack, when another can stumble across free blood in the abdomen. As a medical student I'd've noticed free blood...

The UK isn't a democracy. It's a police state with window dressing.

Doesn't this mean the pathologist will get to stand before a review board and answer as to whether she's a) been negligent or b) was participating in some level of cover-up?

I thought the UK was a limited monarchy? Aside from Magna Carta, IS there a delineation of individual rights for your citizens? (1st question is sarcastic, the 2nd is an actual question).
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus Fermanagh View Post
    Doesn't this mean the pathologist will get to stand before a review board and answer as to whether she's a) been negligent or b) was participating in some level of cover-up?

I thought the UK was a limited monarchy? Aside from Magna Carta, IS there a delineation of individual rights for your citizens? (1st question is sarcastic, the 2nd is an actual question).
    So many things have happened these last 12 years. Laws that prohibit demonstrations near parliament. Laws allowing the government to store and read your e-mails and texts that came in force a week or so ago. Laws allowing over 500+ organisations to enter your house without a warrant. (It used to be only two, HM Customs and Excise and the Fire Brigade, for obvious reasons) Laws that allow local authorities to spy on you, your kith and kin. Laws that allow 28 days detention without charge. Powers to stop and search a person, giving no reason. Laws that prohibit the taking of photographs of the police. Laws made by decree. (called statutory implements) Laws passed to facilitate ID cards, which they say will not be compulsory. Fat chance. I could go on but it's late and I'm tired.

rorys right, we are fast becoming a police state.
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

Headless Senior Member Pannonian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneApache View Post
    So many things have happened these last 12 years. Laws that prohibit demonstrations near parliament. Laws allowing the government to store and read your e-mails and texts that came in force a week or so ago. Laws allowing over 500+ organisations to enter your house without a warrant. (It used to be only two, HM Customs and Excise and the Fire Brigade, for obvious reasons) Laws that allow local authorities to spy on you, your kith and kin. Laws that allow 28 days detention without charge. Powers to stop and search a person, giving no reason. Laws that prohibit the taking of photographs of the police. Laws made by decree. (called statutory implements) Laws passed to facilitate ID cards, which they say will not be compulsory. Fat chance. I could go on but it's late and I'm tired.

Simple solution: elect a Lib Dem government. They're the only semi-popular party to stand for civil liberties. Neither a Labour nor Tory government will significantly roll back the police powers, so electing either won't do anything to address the police state.

BrownWings: AirViceMarshall Senior Member Furunculus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneApache View Post

i'm with you there.

almost all the people at that demo were wasters and or .

but the box ticking fascocrats otherwise known as her majesties constabulary should have had the sense and iniative to let that poor useless drunk through the line rather than repeatedly beat him until he had a heart attack.

I have much less sympathy the shouting and abusive woman who got night-sticked, she at least was a cretin rather than just a drunk in the wrong place at the wrong time.
    Last edited by Banquo's Ghost; 04-19-2009 at 10:30. Reason: Language
    Furunculus Maneuver: Adopt a highly logical position on a controversial subject where you cannot disagree with the merits of the proposal, only disagree with an opinion based on fundamental values. - Beskar