Thread: Demo ETW

Grand Patron's Banner Bearer Senior Member Peasant Phill's Avatar
    Somewhere relatively safe, behind some one else, preferably at the back
    Blog Entries

Default Demo ETW

I'm sorry if this has been asked before but in any case I haven't found it yet.

I want to play the demo for ETW to test if my PC can handle the game. But apparently I can only install the demo if I install steam to. I'm just not that big on installing software I don't ask for.

So is there another way to get the demo? Am I just overreacting when I don't want steam on my PC?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drone
    Someone has to watch over the wheat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TinCow
    We've made our walls sufficiently thick that we don't even hear the wet thuds of them bashing their brains against the outer wall and falling as lifeless corpses into our bottomless moat.

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Demo ETW

Empire is a Steam game. Only way you can play it is via Steam, Demo included.

Alternative is to go to your friends house and play it there from his copy of the game.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Fargo (Yeah, yeah, but IRL we dont talk like that here)

Default Re: Demo ETW

To get the Demo you MUST download Steam.

And really its not a bad program at all. Constant updates, crazy sales( I bought BioShock for 5 bucks), easy to chat with friends and maintain a friends list, and new games and demos for purchace and download every week, if not daily. Besides, if the game does work on your rig and you want to play multiplayer, you will need Steam anyway.

Personally, I love Steam.

But, if you dont like having a program like Steam running you can just put Steam in off-line mode and play as normal. Even if you were to buy ETW from a brick and mortar store (like i did, a 2 to 3 hour download is for the birds) you will have to get Steam.
    Genius by birth, slacker by choice.
    <=== Member since 2000

I have all the morality of a drunk eight-year-old and the self-awareness of a cold bag of ham, but in my occasional windows of clarity, even I'm cognizant of the fact that I am the last person on the planet who should have access to unstoppable mental powers. -Dan O' Brian @ Cracked.com

Ja Mata, Tosa Inu

Heir to the Scottish Throne Member Relic's Avatar

Wink Re: Demo ETW

Quote Originally Posted by Phog_of_War View Post
    To get the Demo you MUST download Steam.

And really its not a bad program at all. Constant updates, crazy sales( I bought BioShock for 5 bucks), easy to chat with friends and maintain a friends list, and new games and demos for purchace and download every week, if not daily. Besides, if the game does work on your rig and you want to play multiplayer, you will need Steam anyway.

Personally, I love Steam.

But, if you dont like having a program like Steam running you can just put Steam in off-line mode and play as normal. Even if you were to buy ETW from a brick and mortar store (like i did, a 2 to 3 hour download is for the birds) you will have to get Steam.
    Strange. I thought I made a post just like this. Must not have registered properly with the server.

I agree 100%.

As for the download section, 2/3 hours for 15GB!? You must have one hell of a good connection. Or.. mine sucks like always. Probably the latter.