Thread: CTD after selecting nation

Default CTD after selecting nation

hi I have an Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU E6850 @ 3.00 GHZ, with 4 gig RAM, running Vista Home Premium with Service pack 1.

Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT card

I have strictly followed the installation guide with a clean 1.5 RTW initial install, then 1.1, then 1.2 patch.

It opens fine, showing 1.2 and allows me to select options etc, then after selecting my nation I click on "continue" and I have instant CTD.

I have run validation and get:

"You don't have an original installation; There are changes to files, or some are missing.
    However, these may be conscious changes you have made, to remod EB. See below for details.
    ==========
    Changed file: .\eb\data\descr_battle_map_lighting_and_fog_control.txt (expected checksum cb93a428e536cfa294ff85bf1d9ceca1, got 23942befd1eebbd7b829f750745c3081)
    Added file: .\eb configuration.lnk
    Added file: .\eb multi player.lnk
    Added file: .\eb preferences.lnk
    Added file: .\eb single player.lnk"

I am not too savvy on computers and have made no mods at all.

Can anyone help please?

Default Re: CTD after selecting nation

I forgot to mention that I have installed in a non-default location, not in Programme Files.

The validation results are OK. There's nothing there to worry about.

Since you get a CTD on selecting a campaign, all I can suggest is to try running the game with movies disabled (-nm switch or equivalent option in the Trivial Script under Configuration).
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

I think you will be helped by adding the -ne and/or -nm switches to the shortcut that you use to start the game, as Tellos suggests. To do this, you need to right-click the EB icon and change the target, adding these two switches.
    Last edited by bovi; 04-19-2009 at 20:14.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Thanks fellas. Will try that tonight.