Thread: Al

Default Al

Is the AL in EB better than RTW and RTR AL in champaign and battle, I just want to know.
    Last edited by Armeniacus; 04-20-2009 at 13:48.

Symbasileus ton Rhomaioktonon Member Maion Maroneios's Avatar

Default Re: Al

I think you mean AI (Artificial Intelligence, or Idiocy as people prefer to call it here). And RTW AI is the same in every mod, it's something hard-coded that cannot be modded AFAIK. The only thing you can do, is modify AI behaviour during battles in a way. See the Unofficial Modding Projects section of the EB forum for a corresponding mini-mod.

By the way, why didn't you create one thread with several questions instead of several threads with one each? It's quite annyoing to see threads that have the same creator and style.

Maion
    Last edited by Maion Maroneios; 04-20-2009 at 13:47.
    ~Maion

Default Sv: Al

l heard that AI is better in battles in eb than rtw and rtr? AI looks more realistic here than in rtw and rtr?
    Last edited by Armeniacus; 04-20-2009 at 13:59.

Default Re: Sv: Al

Quote Originally Posted by Armeniacus View Post
    l heard that AI is better in battles in eb than rtw and rtr? AI looks more realistic here than in rtw and rtr?
    Seriously, I don't know. Plus, you probably shouldn't be comparing the two mods. Some blokes are quite fanatic here, and your thread could be closed.

Maion
    ~Maion

Near East TW Mod Leader Member Cute Wolf's Avatar
    In ancient Middle East, driving Assyrian war machines...
    Blog Entries

don't get angry maion...

The EB teams has try to give the best formations and balancing stats available to the units, and they keep the unitcost, upkeep, and scripting in such manner that it directs the ai "idiocy" to form a concrete direction for their action... And actually, EB's formation, lethality, and pushability (the mass), has been tweaked a lot to give longer battletime and realistic ai (directed) behaviour...

Anyway, EB is definitely better than vanilla, but it was another aspect to talk in another mod... The EB developer here prioritize historical accuracy, so you won't be surprised if the "idiot" ai goes a little better. Because the formations initially begins in ancient times to made idiot general (in real life) performas better ...

My Projects : * Near East Total War * Nusantara Total War * Assyria Total War *
    * Watch the mind-blowing game : My Little Ponies : The Mafia Game!!! *

Also known as SPIKE in TWC

I don't get angry, really. Sorry if I sound as such. As much as someone can "sound" someway over the Internet, that is.

Maion
    ~Maion

Armeniacos. It appears you still haven't grasped the importance of thread titles. "Al" can cover a vast range of topics, and it is appropriate for a thread title to be more specific. "Is AI better in EB" would be a reasonable title that convays the subject of the thread well. Please learn to appreciate the importance of a good thread title before opening any more threads.

Also, if you have many questions, you may wish to place them all in the same thread, which will save us from a cluttered board.

Thanks,

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

What economic bonuses and battle bonuses does the AI get on easy,medium,hard and very hard? I really want to know....

Just download EB and see it yourself, dude!

You wont be able to feel this game just through words and descriptions, download it, play it, enjoy it...

Where can I see it?
    Last edited by Armeniacus; 04-22-2009 at 12:16.