Thread: marian reforms - popularis trait

Default marian reforms - popularis trait

how I can get this trait? one of my family members already got it but i don't know how he can get the popularis trait what's needed?

Default Re: marian reforms - popularis trait

one way is to look for plebeians in your family. they usually develop the popularis trait sooner or later.

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Plebs get it more often. Worshipers of Ceres, especially if they build temples, get it more often.

Rich get it less often. Patricians get it less often.

If they have Optimate, they cannot get it.

Default AW: marian reforms - popularis trait

mh, he's got nothing of the plebejan traits, and every 2 or 3 turns he losses one of his command points and then he get it back, very strange Oo
    atm it's 179bc, I hope until 172bc the reforms are comming so I can conquer the eastern roman empire
    another char with the needed traits isn't available at the moment and cheating might be necessary, but giving the "popularis" trait or more command points to get the reforms surely aren't working, is there a problem with 3name'd-characters?
    or can someone post me one? I'm clicking turns over 100 hundred times because I only want these fu**ing reforms, but the fate might be against me ..

You can just comment out the popularis requirement for the reforms. That's what I did - I started with one of the posted save games in 240BCE, and the first Sharp/Charismatic/Vigorous Plebeian available to marry into the family tree appeared around 150BCE. Needless to say, I was 100% Patrician Optimate until then despite my many Ceres temples. From what MAA posted, the temples were probably offset by everyone being at least Wealthy if not Fabulously Wealthy (hard to avoid those traits with Rome...).

Near East TW Mod Leader Member Cute Wolf's Avatar
    In ancient Middle East, driving Assyrian war machines...
    Blog Entries

I just be happy to maintain my polybian armies without the marian if I can... The popularis usually occurs when you least thinking about it... Polybian Princeps are better and more manageable anyway... (this especially true when you going to fought a lot of naked dudes or drapanais...) the princeps can hold better than cohors reformata... I know they only had 80 compared to 100, but they matters in getting heroic victory and building stars...
    Last edited by Cute Wolf; 04-21-2009 at 05:25.

My Projects : * Near East Total War * Nusantara Total War * Assyria Total War *
    * Watch the mind-blowing game : My Little Ponies : The Mafia Game!!! *

Also known as SPIKE in TWC

Default AW: marian reforms - popularis trait

okay, thank you everyone, so I see I have to wait a while and it will appear or not °.°

Σέλευκος Νικάτωρ Member Fluvius Camillus's Avatar

It symbolizes a political opinion of your family member.

Populares are people who are in favour of the normal people, the plebs.

Optimates are people who support the might of the upper classes and rich people of Rome, the Patricians.

Just like modern left or right in politics or Republican or Demecrat in the U.S.

It is a trait they should get quite quickly after coming of age.

~Fluvius
    Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrius
    Oh my god, i think that is the first time in human history that someone cares to explain an acronym that people expect everybody to know in advance.
    I lived for three years not knowing what AAR is.

Completed Campaigns: Epeiros (EB1.0), Romani (EB1.1), Baktria (1.2) and Arche Seleukeia
    1x From Olaf the Great for my quote!
    3x1x<-- From Maion Maroneios for succesful campaigns!
    5x2x<-- From Aemilius Paulus for winning a contest!
    1x From Mulceber!

I just be happy to maintain my polybian armies without the marian if I can... The popularis usually occurs when you least thinking about it... Polybian Princeps are better and more manageable anyway... (this especially true when you going to fought a lot of naked dudes or drapanais...) the princeps can hold better than cohors reformata... I know they only had 80 compared to 100, but they matters in getting heroic victory and building stars...
    It really depends actually. If you can get cohortes reformatae up to 2-3 chevrons, they actually hold up pretty well compared to polybian principes. And then there's the added benefit that you can recruit them almost anywhere in the mediterranean... -M
    My Balloons: