Thread: Time Commanders Emprie Totalwar

Default Time Commanders Emprie Totalwar

Wouldent it be great to see a new season of time commanders with the etw engine, 1 problem is that they would have to find a new military expert unless they want to still use Dr. Aryeh Nusbacher who is now called erm lynette.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...ticle27762.ece

A TOP male lecturer at Sandhurst who taught Princes William and Harry has won his own war — to be a woman.

Officer Cadets returned to the elite military academy for a new term yesterday to find pipe-smoking Dr Aryeh Nusbacher is now Lynette.

Dr Nusbacher, 40 — already tagged “Mrs Gunfire” — is believed to have had the sex change op in the past few weeks.

On top of giving her the title of Ma’am, cadets have been ordered to treat her with full respect.

Sandhurst’s Commandant, Major General Peter Pearson, has warned that any jokes or snide remarks by pupils or staff will be severely punished.

The US-born professor, married with a young daughter, is still living with wife Melanie and family in nearby Guildford, Surrey.

A friend of Lynette’s said: “She’s a very brave girl.

“A stiff upper lip military environment such as Sandhurst is about the hardest place to come out.”

As well as teaching at Sandhurst the professor is known to viewers of the BBC2 war game show Time Commanders and History Channel documentaries.

Her wife said yesterday: “She does not wish to talk to you about a private matter.”

Probably old news but i just stumbled upon it and found it quite funny.

"The mind is everything. What you think you become."

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Default Re: Time Commanders Emprie Totalwar

Yeah it's quite old, still strangely amusing though.

Default Sv: Re: Time Commanders Emprie Totalwar

And why can't Lynette be in the new season if they make one ??
    He/she only had a sex change, she still has the same knowledge as before.

Wasn't it the historian with the curly hair that had a sex change? I forgot his name, it was a Jewish sounding name. There really is no reason it can't still be a historian on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayve View Post
    Wasn't it the historian with the curly hair that had a sex change? I forgot his name, it was a Jewish sounding name. There really is no reason it can't still be a historian on the show.
    Read posts much? It's right there in the article and link.
    And on another note, while I'm somewhat resistant to pandering by calling him a her (You can put Ferrari markings on a FIAT, I'm still going to call it a FIAT) using 'it' to refer to a person repulses even my uncaring heart.

Default Re: Sv: Re: Time Commanders Emprie Totalwar

Quote Originally Posted by TB666 View Post
    And why can't Lynette be in the new season if they make one ??
    He/she only had a sex change, she still has the same knowledge as before.
    I've never seen the series ,but if she is now a blonde, that could be detrimental....

Sorry, I could not pass up the chance to throw the blonde joke in there, even though it may be inapropriate.

Fargo (Yeah, yeah, but IRL we dont talk like that here)

I am willing to bet that is why the good Doctor has disapeared from the History and military channels.

Too bad too. To each their own after all. And has been said above, a sex change does not diminish the knowlege that Dr. Nusbacher has.

I found the Doctors little segments on the military channel to be some of the most entertaining. (See Top 10 Armored fighting Vehicles about the Soviet BMP-1)
    Genius by birth, slacker by choice.
    <=== Member since 2000

I have all the morality of a drunk eight-year-old and the self-awareness of a cold bag of ham, but in my occasional windows of clarity, even I'm cognizant of the fact that I am the last person on the planet who should have access to unstoppable mental powers. -Dan O' Brian @ Cracked.com

Ja Mata, Tosa Inu

Quote Originally Posted by Elmar Bijlsma View Post
    Read posts much?
    No, i usually just skim the thread title and barge in with my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmar Bijlsma View Post
    ... while I'm somewhat resistant to pandering by calling him a her (You can put Ferrari markings on a FIAT, I'm still going to call it a FIAT) using 'it' to refer to a person repulses even my uncaring heart.
    Well , given that nearly all sex-change recipients were actually born with the brain of the gender they chose to change to {in Aryeh/Lynetts' case , Female} , then technically Aryeh was allways actually a woman with the wrong body {what you are is really in your brain , not your crotch , the hormones are really secondary though powerful} .

The B.B.C.s' attitude {basically firing Her} came with quality hypocracy : they claimed that She would "confuse" , "distract" and implied disturb viewers yet they have zero problem with the likes of Julian Clary {whom I have nothing against ; quite a funny bloke} wearing a dress and trying to out gay Richard Symmons . B.B.C. directors don't really live in the curren century {nor on this curret planet} .
    I would venture to suggest that , if anything , curiosity alone would have boosted ratings and Her own knowledge and virbant/enthusastic style of presentation would then have carried the bulk of them {and the origonal audience} to accept and enjoy Her contribution to the show . There is certainly no doubting {assuming the observer has both a clue and a brain to use it} Dr Nusbachers' knowledge and expertise given She taught both the Next British King and His Brother and the Royal family not only is very carefull whom teaches their children closest to the throne , but has the influence in spades to see their wishes in the matter done to their satisfaction . Proof Lynette is amoungst the Worlds' foremost authorities in Her field .

I've often wondered of mans' constant desire to seek the fountain of youth , when what our race needs the most is a fountain of smart .
    7 out of 10 people like me ,
    I'm not going to change for the other three .

Desperately Seeking Tamworth Member Ethelred Unread's Avatar

I always though that time commanders would have been better as a vs. battle. Watching two teams fight against each other would be far more entertaining imho.
    "The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor a man perfected without trials"

RIP Tosa, my trolling end now Senior Member Devastatin Dave's Avatar

Last edited by Devastatin Dave; 04-24-2009 at 19:34. Reason: Too Backroomish
    RIP Tosa

Slixpoitation Member A Very Super Market's Avatar
    Vancouver, BC, Canada, North America, Terra, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe

Lovely, backroom stuff in Parliament. Surely, you ministers have more decency than to discuss more discrete affairs in a semi-private enviroment?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    WELCOME TO AVSM
    Cool store, bro! I want some ham.
    No ham, pepsi.
    They make deli slices of frozen pepsi now? Awesome!
    You also need to purchase a small freezer for storage of your pepsi.
    It runs on batteries. You'll need a few.
    Uhh, I guess I won't have pepsi then. Do you have change for a twenty?
    You can sift through the penny jar
    ALL WILL BE CONTINUED

- Proud Horseman of the Presence

Senior Member Senior Member Graphic's Avatar

Aryeh Nusbacher is really annoying to me. They should get someone else just because of that.

He annoyed me anyway, hated his party trick of trying to kill the contestants by launching massed unit blocks at them across the war table.
    Didz
    Fortis balore et armis

The aforementioned Mr/Mrs Nusbacher is actually an Org member - he/she posted a few times around the time that TC was on, but I don't know if he/she has posted since. Username was Nutsche or something like that.
    "I request permanent reassignment to the Gallic frontier. Nay, I demand reassignment. Perhaps it is improper to say so, but I refuse to fight against the Greeks or Macedonians any more. Give my command to another, for I cannot, I will not, lead an army into battle against a civilized nation so long as the Gauls survive. I am not the young man I once was, but I swear before Jupiter Optimus Maximus that I shall see a world without Gauls before I take my final breath."

Senator Augustus Verginius

Well I just had to post the following link from Youtube...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ol5Dfs7jqFI

Senior Member Senior Member Graphic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Didz View Post
    He annoyed me anyway, hated his party trick of trying to kill the contestants by launching massed unit blocks at them across the war table.
    I've never actually seen Time Commanders but he's really annoying to me on shows like Weaponology (that entire show is stupid in the way it's presented).

Fargo (Yeah, yeah, but IRL we dont talk like that here)

As annoying as Dr. Nuesbacher is at times, you have to admit that she is one of the foremost military teachers in the world. Getting into, much less being made a tenured Professor at RMA Sandhurst, is quite an accomplishment for someone in her field. Not to mention that Nuesbacher taught the future King and Crown Prince of England, and we all know that the Royal Family are particular about who they have teach the heirs to the thone.

Personally I found Dr. Nusebacher (the man) to be entertaining as hell and I would like to sit in on one of her lectures today simply because I studied the same field in college. A sex change would not make her lectures and classes any less intresting.
    Genius by birth, slacker by choice.
    <=== Member since 2000

I have all the morality of a drunk eight-year-old and the self-awareness of a cold bag of ham, but in my occasional windows of clarity, even I'm cognizant of the fact that I am the last person on the planet who should have access to unstoppable mental powers. -Dan O' Brian @ Cracked.com

Ja Mata, Tosa Inu