Thread: Diplomat causing CTD??!?

Default Diplomat causing CTD??!?

Is it possible that a compu-controlled Diplomat is causing my consistent CTD. I hit end turn. (fog of war is lifted so as to look for cause of ctd). Everytime it CTD on the Selekuids turn (i'm playing as the Lusotannan). I've watched it CTD 5 times right after moving the same Diplomat to the same point on the board.
    Could it be something from the next factions beginning turn?

I seem to remember a cheat code where you could kill characters. Could I try that?

Any other help would be appreciated. I am an old time EB player, but not very gifted technically - so please explain it simply to me. Many thanks.
    Finished Campaigns
    Lusotannan 0.8
    Quarthadastim 0.8
    Sab'yn 1.0
    Romani 1.0
    Ongoing Campaigns
    Lusotannan 1.2

Long may the barbarians continue, I pray, if not to love us, at least to hate one another,seeing that, as fate bears remorselessly on the empire, fortune can offer no greater boon now than discord amoung our enemies - Tacitus

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Default Re: Diplomat causing CTD??!?

It isn't possible to kill character in game, however you can try the...

move_character "{diplomat's name}" x,y

...with the x,y being the coordinates you are sending him to (found with the show_cursorstat cheat). Just move him far enough away from the town and see it that is your problem after all.

I don't think that diplomat is the problem, but rather something that happens once he's done moving and the turn ends. Have you checked for settlements about to revolt?

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Thanks for the replies gentlemen. I reloaded a previous save that I did not know I had and that seemed to have worked. No CTDs - related to that. I trekked an assassin all the way over in case thou - that's a long trip on foot from Iberia to Baghdad! And more to go to get him to the same place. However, I am thinking that Bovi you are spot on - it is likely (or rather was) a revolt in Ptolemia's turn. So that issue was taken care of by an earlier save - now to tackle the CTD after the massive battle at Arrieitium! If I can't figure that out I'll drop a note in this section. Regardless, thank you for the replies and all the hard work.
    Finished Campaigns
    Lusotannan 0.8
    Quarthadastim 0.8
    Sab'yn 1.0
    Romani 1.0
    Ongoing Campaigns
    Lusotannan 1.2

Long may the barbarians continue, I pray, if not to love us, at least to hate one another,seeing that, as fate bears remorselessly on the empire, fortune can offer no greater boon now than discord amoung our enemies - Tacitus