Thread: Transfering buildings

Default Transfering buildings

I have been playing the absolutely awesome Blue Lotus mod recently and I wanted to add some of the battlefield models to another (personal) mod I am working on. How do I add the Japanese buildings/siege towers to my mod?

edit: also walls
    Last edited by Captn. James Crunch; 04-23-2009 at 02:51.

Finder of Little Oddities Senior Member Makanyane's Avatar

Default Re: Transfering buildings

do you want all of them or just some of them? and is your mod based on RTW or BI?
    Not used mods before? Looking for something small and fun?!
    Download the:

I'm trying to get the walls,temples and seige tower and they are both for BI

I don't know about walls or temples, but to get a unique siege tower, just copy the entry in descr_engines.txt and change the model and culture entries (make sure you define the texture path within the new cas file you use)

More in depth:
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=62498

Finder of Little Oddities Senior Member Makanyane's Avatar

not sure if you got anywhere with the buildings or not yet....

a. culture names are different between RTW and BI and probably where you want to use the lotus ones won't tie up anyway....

b. you need to amalgamate BI items with the revised RTW lotus ones - all of the .items files must end up in your mod-folder/data/items/ and referenced by the items.db file

there is off chance that the files you need may have same names and same lod levels as existed in the BI items.db - in which case you can just copy the lotus ones in...

more likely you might need to re-name some stuff which involves understanding and using this.
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=60818
    to regenerate the .db file - but not actually overwriting the .items - neither RTW or Blue Lotus actually supplies the .cas files so trying to generate new items won't work...
    We did use modified Blue Lotus walls (with their permission) to some extent in EoDII which is BI mod, conversion is definitely possible, but not simple....
    Not used mods before? Looking for something small and fun?!
    Download the: