Thread: Sons of Elissa - An Interactive Punic AAR

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Sons of Elissa - An Interactive Punic AAR

I just finished my current Carthaginian campaign in 208 BC with all the required territories plus most of Britain, all of Egypt and Nubia, Crete, all of west Africa, and some of Gaul. Both the remnants of Rome in Gaul and the remnants of the Ptolemaioi in the Near East are my protectorates. I was getting a bit weary of the difficulties in Britain and perhaps I will come back to this game in the future but I have been toying with the idea of a Carthaginian AAR for some time and I decided why not.

Campaign Difficulty: H/H

Format: You are all members of the Carthaginian Council of Elders. Through good advice and good roleplaying you have the chance to advance to the Inner Council, also known as the Council of 101.

Characters In Game:

Abdimilki - 65, deceased. Wife - Actaee, 60

Mago - Sophet of Carthage, in Carthage, 44. Wife - Roxane, 43, Head of his house

Hamalcar - Protege of Mago, in Lilibeo, 22. Wife - Polymede, 20, Head of his house

Bomilkar - Governor of Adrumeto, 35. Wife - Raisa, 30, Head of his house

Hasdrubal - Governor of Mastia, 21. Wife - Althaia, 19, Head of his house

Carthalo - Governor of Karali, 18, Adopted son of Mago

Hanno - Governor of Lepki, 26, Adopted Son of Mago

Gisgo - Governor of Ippone, 17, Adopted son of Mago

Annibas - Emissary of Carthage, in Zeugitania, 27

Aderbal - 14, Adopted son of Bomilkar

Himilco - 13, Adopted son of Bomilkar

Hamalcar Barca - 2, Adopted son of Hamalcar

Bisaltes - 1, Adopted son of Hasdrubal

Muttanbaal - 3, Daughter of Hasdrubal

Admirals: Thero, Danel(A), Abascantus Baecula, Danel(B)

Characters in the Thread:

Xenophanes Akragantos - 42, Agapia(20), (son) - 0

Danel Hanno - 31

Akbar the Lame - 27

Hannibal Barca - 29

Αναξαγορας of Kyrene (Anaxagoras) - 31

The campaign does not start until I have at least a few council members. After it starts anyone may join witha decent introduction. Your character should be posted with roughly the following information...

Name: Punic names involved a first name which could be a rare name such as Yehawielon, but was more frequently a common name such as Hanno, Hannibal, Hamalcar, Mago, Bostar, Hasdrubal or Gisgo. The last name was either a nickname referring to an exploit or characteristic which could be passed down to your descendants, or it was a reference to an important ancestor in your family line. For example, Hannibal son of Gisgo would be known as Hannibal Gisgo. Hanno son of Mago would be known as Hanno Mago, etc. . .

Ethnicity:
    Only Carthaginian citizens could be part of the senate at this point in time, however you may be half Qarthadastei, half something else. At this point in the campaign I'd say your options are Libyan, Liby-Phoenician, Greek, Celtic, Numidian, Sardinian, Etruscan, Sicilian, Balearic or Iberian for your non-Qarthadastim half.

Age: This way I can keep track of your character and you will age with the campaign.

A Brief description of your character such as his profession (merchant, building overseer, what have you.), possibly a wife, children, etc... and your political disposition on where Carthage should focus its efforts.

Starting Diplomacy:
    SPQR - Allies
    Epeiros - Enemies
    Lusotannon - Allies
    Aedui - Allies
    Ptolemaioi - Allies
    Syracuse - Allies (Believe it or not)
    Mammertines - Neutral
    Massylian Numidians - Neutral (But with tensions rising)
    Massaesylian Numidians - Neutral
    Mauretanians - Neutral
    Garamantines - Neutral
    Kyrene - Neutral
    Celt-Iberians - Neutral
    Arse - Neutral
    Massalia and Emporion - Neutral
    Last edited by Tanit; 04-30-2009 at 03:01.