Thread: Trait / Reform Question

Default Trait / Reform Question

Dear Forum,

In my Romani-EB 1.2-Campaign I now reached the year 160 B.C. without problems or chrashes. The Polybian and Marian Reforms occurred (I slightly modified the conditions to reach the reforms), I´m holding 91 cities (about 70 thereof are Type II Governments) and I fought about 530 battles by now.
    I think, it´s time to wonder about the Imperial Reforms… although it will last about 25 years until then.
    I have about 300 family members and I read in this forum that it is possible to cheat certain character traits necessary to implement the Imperial reforms (I want to have the new units AND an emperor!). But how can I accomplish the “Can´t be selfless”-trait? I ascertained that NONE of my 300 family members has this trait and I fear that this missing trait frustrates the Imperial reforms at about 125 B.C.

Or elsewise:
    What have I to change in the txt-files in order to initiate the Imperial reforms relating to the data of my current game… WITHOUT crashing said game?
    It would also be fine if the reforms occur a few years earlier, maybe 150 B.C.
    Please provide an accurate guidance regarding the txt-changes, because I´m very doubtful in such things and I´m very confused by the manifold approaches stated in the “setting reforms to your preference”-discussion..

Thank you very much,
    Marcel

EBII Bricklayer Member V.T. Marvin's Avatar

Default Re: Trait / Reform Question

Quote Originally Posted by darkangel87 View Post
    But how can I accomplish the “Can´t be selfless”-trait? I ascertained that NONE of my 300 family members has this trait and I fear that this missing trait frustrates the Imperial reforms at about 125 B.C.
    I think there is a misunderstanding here. The trait in question is not “Can´t be selfless”, rather it says that the character cannot have the "Selfless" (or "Unselfish") trait.

If you believe that you have fulfilled all other conditions and that you thus deserve to have the reforms, the easiest way would be to look for imperial reforms in EBBS.txt and change the conditions accordingly.

Ok, this means that a charakter can´t become emperor as soon as the “trait” selfless or unselfish appears in his character description, even if all the other character requirements are implemented ?!?

EBII Bricklayer Member V.T. Marvin's Avatar

This is how I understand this

You can also look for the exact conditions in the "export_descr_character_traits.txt" file (it is huge - use the search tool for it). It is a very interesting file to study for a lot of things!
    Just do not make any changes in this file as it likely screws your game!!!
    Last edited by V.T. Marvin; 04-29-2009 at 12:16.

Thank you very much for your assistance :-)