Thread: I just want to say...

Default I just want to say...

(first, dont laugh about my bad english...)

EB rules, and EB-team rules!

I didnt play video games at all in past... ok, ive tried some games, played them for a while, and after some time they became boring and ive uninstall them. Im not really a video-game person, and no game ever did make me excited...

One day, friend of mine, came to me with 3-cd"s... Game: Rome: Total War.. Ok- i said- lets try. And i spend few months playing it, from time to time. It became boring... I liked concept of that game but, after all, it didnt last for long. So i quit, after finished all playable factions. ..

Then, one day, i saw on the internet something called RTR. Wow, i said, it sound pretty cool: let me see, what it is. So i downloadaed that mod and played it for while: it was coll, very cool: ive played it for about 6 months, finished most of offered campaigns and, it became bored... It was cool in the beginning, but it didnt "catch" that something that i would need for a game to "have me". I quit RTR and abbadoned RTW game..

And, then, one day, i saw on one forum ("www.ffzg.hr") one link: its been said, that its got something to deal with Romans (i really dont like Romans, i like Hannibal and Alexander, but anyway...)... Ok, i said, lets go and see, whats its all about. So i downloaded EB mod and i was stoned: this game is so f####ng good: units, factions, mercenary- pool, history-loving, balancing thing and voice-mod seemed so lovely so i can not quit playing it!! It rules! First ive tried (of course ) Makedonia: i was amazed: that f####rs can kick some ass to Romans (good, good balance!), and so, i can not quit playing EB.. Every faction is a challenge, but not impossible, and joyful...

EB-team: you rule! I have so much to say, but i can not in english (); i just weant to say: YOU RULESSSS!!!!

Default Re: I just want to say...

The whole friend-gave-me-3-cd's...etc story sounds exactly like my story of EB.

and yes, EB Team RULES!
    EB Online Founder | Website
    Former Projects:
    - Vartan's EB Submod Compilation Pack

- Asia ton Barbaron (Armenian linguistics)
    - EB:NOM (Armenian linguistics/history)
    - Dominion of the Sword (Armenian linguistics/history, videographer)

Satalextos Basileus Seron Member satalexton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jebivjetar View Post
    It rules! First ive tried (of course ) Makedonia: i was amazed: that f####rs can kick some ass to Romans (good, good balance!), and so, i can not quit playing EB..
    Welcome to the EB forums. Allow me and my fellow group to sing you an anthem.

Truth and hope in our Fatherland!
    And death to every foe!
    Our soldiers shall not pause to rest
    We vow our loyalty

Old traditions they will abide
    Arise young heroes!
    Our past inspires noble deeds
    All Hail Makedonia!

Immortal beacon shows the way
    Step forth, seek glory!
    Hoist your xiphos into the clouds
    Hail Makedonia!

Our Basileus stands astride this world
    He’ll vanquish every foe!
    His truth and justice shine so bright
    All hail his brilliant light!

Never will he be overthrown
    Like mountains and the sea
    His bloodline immortal and pure
    All Hail Makedonia!

So let his wisdom guide our way
    Go forth and seek glory
    Hoist your xiphos into the clouds
    Hail Makedonia!

join us here!https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/group.php?groupid=62

All Hail Makedonia!!!

"ΜΗΔΕΝ ΕΩΡΑΚΕΝΑΙ ΦΟΒΕΡΩΤΕΡΟΝ ΚΑΙ ΔΕΙΝΟΤΕΡΟΝ ΦΑΛΑΓΓΟΣ ΜΑΚΕΔΟΝΙΚΗΣ" -Lucius Aemilius Paullus

Quote Originally Posted by satalexton View Post
    join us here!https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/group.php?groupid=62

All Hail Makedonia!!!

Im there already...

(first, dont laugh about my bad english...)

Never would, perhaps sometimes correct to help, but I look at it this way; your English is a damn sight better than my Croatian...

But then again I am Danish ;-)

Welcome to EB, too bad you hold misconceptions about who is the greater people of Antiquity.

Roma Victoria!!!
    'For months Augustus let hair and beard grow and occasionally banged his head against the walls whilst shouting; "Quinctillius Varus, give me my legions back"' -Sueton, Augustus.

"Deliver us oh God, from the fury of the Norsemen", French prayer, 9th century.
    Ask gi'r klask! ask-vikingekampgruppe.dk

Balloon count: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Macilrille View Post
    Welcome to EB, too bad you hold misconceptions about who is the greater people of Antiquity.

Roma Victoria!!!

Ive already said that i dont like romans.

That is exactly what I mean by misconceptions ;-)

Anyway, I shall desist now so as not to become obsessed like certain Hellene Lovers here.
    'For months Augustus let hair and beard grow and occasionally banged his head against the walls whilst shouting; "Quinctillius Varus, give me my legions back"' -Sueton, Augustus.

That is exactly what I mean by misconceptions ;-)

In that case there is no misconception, dude!

Not too keen on being called dude, but how could you know that?

Oh well, I like Croats, so welcome still.

oh don't be angered by the words of barbaroi, young peltastai. For they are not even words at all, just the rustlings of the wind, and the wailing of some animal in heat...

"ΜΗΔΕΝ ΕΩΡΑΚΕΝΑΙ ΦΟΒΕΡΩΤΕΡΟΝ ΚΑΙ ΔΕΙΝΟΤΕΡΟΝ ΦΑΛΑΓΓΟΣ ΜΑΚΕΔΟΝΙΚΗΣ" -Lucius Aemilius Paullus

Quote Originally Posted by satalexton View Post
    oh don't be angered by the words of barbaroi, young peltastai. For they are not even words at all, just the rustlings of the wind, and the wailing of some animal in heat...
    Oh please, would you stop that? There are some peapole who don't want to hear you praising the hellenes while abusing all others. It is not funny!

LOL, let us not be too aggresive here, I actually encourage a polite discussion On Topic and in a good tone. Maion and Sata has lots to contribute, it is just the constant spam lauding Hellenes I resent. Especially as Maion comes down pretty hard on spammers not searching forum before asking and such while filling it with Hellene spam himself. Apart from that I have nothing against anyone, so let us keep it calm I say...

Quote Originally Posted by Vilkku92 View Post
    Oh please, would you stop that? There are some peapole who don't want to hear you praising the hellenes while abusing all others. It is not funny!
    While I think that could have been expressed more politely, I tend to agree with the sentiment. The consistent arrogance of the Philhellenes is really just annoying. All the cultures in EB are both very interesting and valid, and while I imagine the Philhellenes are trying to be funny, all they're doing is being inflammatory.

When you think about it, it's actually rather funny to hear the partisans of the Makedonioi calling others barbaroi, given the fact that, until Philip conquered the Greek states, they were considered by many greeks to be barbaroi themselves. -M
    Last edited by Mulceber; 04-26-2009 at 17:27.
    My Balloons:

Quote Originally Posted by Mulceber View Post
    When you think about it, it's actually rather funny to hear the partisans of the Makedonioi calling others barbaroi, given the fact that, until Philip conquered the Greek states, they were considered by many greeks to be barbaroi themselves. -M
    don't bother... It may be easier to teach a wall how to walk... they will just start talking about why macedonia is the best even more
    Europa Barbarorum Secretary

=D finally somebody is catching on, almost. I'll give a balloon if somebody starts a barbaroi counterpart. Celtic Punk was close heh.

As for Vilkku... Come on barbaroi, test the phalanx of hellas and make our day! >=D

p.s. Macilrille, play a slow, role-played Makedonian campaign. March up to Barbaropolis, burn it. Reclaim the Arche of Alexandros, then crush teh Kardonechoi(sp).... And you'll be Hailing Makedonia before long =D

Testing the Phalanx is one of my favorite things to do as the Getai. It's just a little too rigid for my play style, and too easy to exploit the AI's frequent headless charge into their poised tips.

Historical facts are the best remedy against a few delusionals
    I love the smell of bronze in the morning!

Campaigns completed: Vanilla Seleucid, EB 1.2. Carthaginian, RSII Pergamon

As for Vilkku... Come on barbaroi, test the phalanx of hellas and make our day! >=D
    I've played both against the phalanx and using the phalanx. They're nice, but I'll take my Legiones any day. -M
    My Balloons:

Σέλευκος Νικάτωρ Member Fluvius Camillus's Avatar

YEEESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

Another thread ran over by the Hellene-lovers! Of course, every thread that even mentions the word roman or hellene deserves to be overspammed by the same and same pointless $#@! over and over again....

This really tires me people... You already have your own social group so now start a thread with a nice polite Hellene-Roman discussion instead of hijacking other threads....

~Fluvius
    Last edited by Fluvius Camillus; 04-26-2009 at 21:03.
    Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrius
    Oh my god, i think that is the first time in human history that someone cares to explain an acronym that people expect everybody to know in advance.
    I lived for three years not knowing what AAR is.

Completed Campaigns: Epeiros (EB1.0), Romani (EB1.1), Baktria (1.2) and Arche Seleukeia
    1x From Olaf the Great for my quote!
    3x1x<-- From Maion Maroneios for succesful campaigns!
    5x2x<-- From Aemilius Paulus for winning a contest!
    1x From Mulceber!

Not too keen on being called dude, but how could you know that?

Oh well, I like Croats, so welcome still.
    I didnt use word "dude" in negative way. Google and see: in slang it means "man"; i didnt use it in its primary sense.

O, and i dont want to argue with romaioi-lovers. Ive played with Epeiros untill now and... should i continue?

Quote Originally Posted by Jebivjetar View Post
    I didnt use word "dude" in negative way. Google and see: in slang it means "man"; i didnt use it in its primary sense.

O, and i dont want to argue with romaioi-lovers. Ive played with Epeiros untill now and... should i continue?
    Of course you should, who am I to tell you what faction to play. I fact Epeiros is one of the ones I intend to give a try when my Roman campaign is over. But Macedon, AS and Bactria are further up, especially Bactria.

Good, just remember to sing the anthem as you play it. The decision to play it makes you 25% more civilized already.