Thread: Dutch Army 1702

Default Dutch Army 1702

Found a nice little site with details of the Dutch Army in 1702. Thought it might interests anyone like me whose into writing AAR's and likes to get the unit names right.

http://www.spanishsuccession.nl/dutch_army.html

There are links on this site to details of other armies of the period but I haven't looked at them so can't vouch for the content.
    Didz
    Fortis balore et armis

Senior Member Senior Member Fisherking's Avatar

Default Re: Dutch Army 1702

That is a good resource. It might also be worth posting in the Monastery you know.

Much more there than just the Dutch army.

Education: that which reveals to the wise,
    and conceals from the stupid,
    the vast limits of their knowledge.
    Mark Twain

Default Re: Dutch Army 1702

It probably just me but I find the structure of this site really confusing. It’s one of the few things I dislike about it, and I just can't be bothered to work out what’s meant to go where.

I log on here to discuss ETW, so I log onto the section clearly labelled Empire: Total War, and that’s it. When I want to talk about Rome Total War I log on there.

To be honest I didn't even realise that the Monastery existed and would never have thought to look under miscellaneous to find a discussion on history, even if I the history to be a separate subject to the game depicting it anyway. Also I can't help feeling that posting something like the Dutch Army list in there would just be a waste of time, as the people who might be interested are all in here talking about the game.
    Didz
    Fortis balore et armis