Thread: Asher Roth Can Not Spit Rhymes

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

Default Asher Roth Can Not Spit Rhymes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43pkqeamXe8

The link above is a horrible attempnt at the Hip-hop. If I wanted cutsey songs about drinking and college I would listen to some bubble gum emo stuff.

Rap should contain at least some of the following. 1. Refrences to yo hood. 2. Refrences to yo gatz. 3. Refrences to yo drugz 4. Something about demeaning women 5. All yo bling.

Rap isn't supposed to be a safe music genre. You aren't supposed to market this stuff to kidz.

I figured this guy would go as soon as he came but he's stickier than mollases.

Lame.
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Default Re: Asher Roth Can Not Spit Rhymes

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post

The link above is a horrible attempnt at the Hip-hop. If I wanted cutsey songs about drinking and college I would listen to some bubble gum emo stuff.

Rap should contain at least some of the following. 1. Refrences to yo hood. 2. Refrences to yo gatz. 3. Refrences to yo drugz 4. Something about demeaning women 5. All yo bling.

Rap isn't supposed to be a safe music genre. You aren't supposed to market this stuff to kidz.

Lame.
    QFT
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

One of my friend's roommates knows Roth from going to high school with him outside Philly. He basically said that Roth was a waste of life in high school and was still crashing high school parties and screwing 16 year old girls when he was in college. So this doesn't really surprise me. It's typical crap one would expect. I do have to admit "We love College" is pretty catchy.

I wonder what his IQ is.
    Quote Originally Posted by a completely inoffensive name View Post
    Have the strength of Arnold Schwarzenegger, the voice of Billy Mays and the ability to produce bull**** at a moments notice and you can be the leader of anything.

Nobody expects the Senior Member Lemur's Avatar

1. Refrences to yo hood. 2. Refrences to yo gatz. 3. Refrences to yo drugz 4. Something about demeaning women 5. All yo bling.
    There's a lot of good music that you're ruling out.
    "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them ... well, I have others." — Groucho Marx

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lemur View Post
    We havin a rap battle?

[Feel free to post rap songs, but if they contain f-bombs, it's on you, homes—Lemur]
    Last edited by Lemur; 04-27-2009 at 05:41.
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

I like this new PG-13 non offensive rap.

Thumbs up Re: Asher Roth Can Not Spit Rhymes

Quote Originally Posted by SFTS
    Lame.
    It wasn't that bad, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ice
    I do have to admit "We love College" is pretty catchy.

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Lame.
    That's not rap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

To be honest, that music video sucks, its heavily edited and gets rid of the "controversial" words and phrases.

Probably Drunk Member Reverend Joe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lemur View Post
    I have to admit, I don't know **** about rap, but that sounds like extremely stripped-down "WAR" to me.

So, is WAR 70's rap or what? I'm kinda curious, actually.

White Panther (Legalize Weed!) Member AlexanderSextus's Avatar

We havin a rap battle?

[Feel free to post rap songs, but if they contain f-bombs, it's on you, homes—Lemur]
    Yo strike battle me son. Yo u cant see me on tha hip hop knowledge homie, u aint on my level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzDlIBQANes

BEAT THAT FOO'
    Do you hate Drug Cartels? Do You believe that the Drug War is basically a failure? Do you think that if we Legalized the Cannabis market, that use rates would drop, we could put age limits on cannabis, tax it, and other wise regulate it? Join The ORG Marijuana Policy Project!

In American politics, similar to British politics, we have a choice between being shot in our left testicle or the right testicle. Both parties advocate pissing on the little guys, only in different ways and to a different little guy.