Thread: rome vanilla cityskins

Default rome vanilla cityskins

is there any submod who replace the ovale cities of the western greek and romani with the vanilla rome modells?
    i'm fuc*ing need them ;)

Default AW: rome vanilla cityskins

I have also a question linked to that topic: Is there a submod, that makes the easter cities 'ovale' too? I like the look of them (far more realistic IMO) and hate the big ugly square cities.

About your question, admiral^ave, sorry I don't know a mod that would change them back, but it shouldn't be to difficult to change the models back. Try a Google/Forum search to find out which files are related to campaignmap models and then search for a guide to change them.

Ceterum censeo Romam esse delendam

Balloon Count: 4

My Greek Nobles:
    from satalexton, his name is Plato
    from satalexton, his name is Sōkrátēs
    from satalexton, his nam is Aristotélēs

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Default Re: rome vanilla cityskins

@admiral^ave
    This might not work, but the easiest thing to try is to go into the "...\Rome - Total War\EB\Data" folder and rename the descr_cultures.txt. Then go into the "...\Rome - Total War\data\" folder and copy the descr_cultures.txt and copy it to the "...\Rome - Total War\EB\Data" folder. That should make all of the strat map models the vanilla version without having to alter the files line by line. (If it causes a crash, just delete the copied file and restore the renamed one.)

@Zett
    Promethius, who made the Greek and Roman towns quit modding before the Eastern models were made (I think he may have lost his half finished ones). I tried creating eastern walls once (with similar shapes to Prom's), just so that the cities aren't square, but couldn't figure out the final process of saving the file and nobody could help me.

Default AW: Re: rome vanilla cityskins

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus View Post
    @admiral^ave
    This might not work, but the easiest thing to try is to go into the "...\Rome - Total War\EB\Data" folder and rename the descr_cultures.txt. Then go into the "...\Rome - Total War\data\" folder and copy the descr_cultures.txt and copy it to the "...\Rome - Total War\EB\Data" folder. That should make all of the strat map models the vanilla version without having to alter the files line by line. (If it causes a crash, just delete the copied file and restore the renamed one.)
    thanks MAA, but it doesn't work
    replacing the notes for roman and greek works, it isn't as much work as I thought

Default Re: AW: rome vanilla cityskins

Quote Originally Posted by Zett View Post
    I have also a question linked to that topic: Is there a submod, that makes the easter cities 'ovale' too? I like the look of them (far more realistic IMO) and hate the big ugly square cities.
    I'm of the same opinion as you so i always change the square cities into the nicer greek oval types, Ive put my descr_cultures.txt up if you want to use it, just drop it into your data folder and your away.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default AW: Re: AW: rome vanilla cityskins

Quote Originally Posted by bobbin View Post
    I'm of the same opinion as you so i always change the square cities into the nicer greek oval types, Ive put my descr_cultures.txt up if you want to use it, just drop it into your data folder and your away.
    Thank you! Ceterum censeo Romam esse delendam.

Balloon Count: 4

My Greek Nobles:
    from satalexton, his name is Plato
    from satalexton, his name is Sōkrátēs
    from satalexton, his nam is Aristotélēs

Question Re: AW: rome vanilla cityskins

Quote Originally Posted by bobbin View Post
    great, I was trying to find that out too, square cities looks so bad compared to the oval ones
    but this means the walled eastern cities will look like the greek ones or they'll be brown colored when walled? if it is, is there a way to change the color?

Yes they'll look like the greek ones, AFAIK the only way to change the colour would be to edit the wall textures.

Dammit . . . I was hoping there was an easy fix for the square-walled eastern cities besides making everything from the coast of Asia Minor to India Greek-looking. It's a pity that Promethius left before finishing up the Eastern stone walls.
    Balloons collected:
    Campaigns completed: Vanilla Armenia, Vanilla BI Western Roman Empire and Berbers

Blog Entries

I dont know, the Vanilla Cities made the battles a whole lot less comlicated and in EB there are sometimes Wall Regions so long, that there are no towers wholl shoot at atackers unless they are right in front of the wall. (Esspecially the corners). Still the oval cities look better^^

He's talking about the stratmap models for cities, these have no effect on the settlement battlemaps.