Thread: KH FM Bug

Default KH FM Bug

I've started a KH campaign, and the first two "man of great potential" I adopted have defaulted to Client Rulers.

Details:-

Turn one sieged Crete, gates opened took city, but lost faction leader in the battle.
    Turn two, took Corinth. Turn four took Chalkis.

Made Athens Capital.

Turn six-3 Fms led little army to take Demetrias---"Man of Great Potential" adopted, appeared in Athens where there are NO FM's (unusual). Moved him to Corinth to govern. Turn seven, he becomes Client Ruler. Gov II in Athens, no Gov buildings in Corinth yet.

Turn nine another "Man of Great Potential" adopted, again appears on his own in Athens.Leave him there. Turn ten, he becomes Client Ruler too...

SCRIPT working and active.

Very confused..

First "adopted FM" screenshot

Edit: All fixes installed, had exactly this happened before with KH, no problems with other factions at all...
    Last edited by Drewski; 04-28-2009 at 21:39.

Default Re: KH FM Bug

Using the RTW.exe or are you by chance using BI.exe? 'Cause I have a lot of inappropriate client ruler traits trying to run with BI and I'm not sure why.
    "Let us wrestle with the ineffable and see if we may not, in fact, eff it after all." -Dirk Gently, character of the late great Douglas Adams.

Quote Originally Posted by Pode View Post
    Using the RTW.exe or are you by chance using BI.exe? 'Cause I have a lot of inappropriate client ruler traits trying to run with BI and I'm not sure why.
    Don't have Bi or Alex, just the base RTW.exe...

Never had a problem with ANY other faction in this way though, and that's a LOT of hrs of EB...something is setting this off, maybe a sequence of events (cos I've reproduced it twice)..

If I auto_win the Crete battle, then the Faction Leader doesn't die, but then I don't get any "men of great potential".....I'm going to try and delete the GOV II in Athens, process_cq up to a Gov I...get those two "men of grt pot" killed in some suicide battle..and then see if the game will give me more adoptees, and if THIS time they get the "family member" trait..

Sheesh, and I was just settling in to a fun new campaign, with lashings of Murphy's Draught

Quote Originally Posted by Drewski View Post
    Don't have Bi or Alex, just the base RTW.exe...

Never had a problem with ANY other faction in this way though, and that's a LOT of hrs of EB...something is setting this off, maybe a sequence of events (cos I've reproduced it twice)..

If I auto_win the Crete battle, then the Faction Leader doesn't die, but then I don't get any "men of great potential".....I'm going to try and delete the GOV II in Athens, process_cq up to a Gov I...get those two "men of grt pot" killed in some suicide battle..and then see if the game will give me more adoptees, and if THIS time they get the "family member" trait..

Sheesh, and I was just settling in to a fun new campaign, with lashings of Murphy's Draught
    Had similar problems with several factions - wiped the install, did a fresh one - fixed...
    In fact, I did a low level format of all HDDs, then did a completely fresh XP setup.

BTW, do-not-kill-Spartans - EVER!! Especially not in suicide manoeuvres in the battle for Krete when all you need to do to win is park the FL in def mode in the middle of the street. You'll get the men-of-great-potential after awhile anyway - just take Krete, sail back to mainland Hellas, disband the navy (or not, depending on your style) and go rampage against Makedonia and Epeiros. Your starting FL is far better for this task than any new FM because of the superior bodyguard unit and his battle-related traits. You will gain generals as you gain settlements.

I am honoured to have been presented with my first baloons - - by Ibrahim for tactical observations
    and with my second balloon by Christopher Burgoyne for physical elaboration on the advantages conferred by the Kontos over the Xyston.

Well the 2 FM "client rulers" died in a boating accident (poor guys)..and they WERE supposedly FMs

12 super fast played yrs later, the stupid game refuses point blank to give me any more "men of grt potential". I've even turned down 6 suitors for my eldest unmarried girl in an effort to get one(bah). So have been unable to test any theory on what's causing the bug....

Will plug away, I'm bound to get one eventually ....(sooner would be better, 40 yrs, and then finding the campaign is game endingly bugged would be )...

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtmeister View Post
    Had similar problems with several factions - wiped the install, did a fresh one - fixed...
    In fact, I did a low level format of all HDDs, then did a completely fresh XP setup.

BTW, do-not-kill-Spartans - EVER!! Especially not in suicide manoeuvres in the battle for Krete when all you need to do to win is park the FL in def mode in the middle of the street. You'll get the men-of-great-potential after awhile anyway - just take Krete, sail back to mainland Hellas, disband the navy (or not, depending on your style) and go rampage against Makedonia and Epeiros. Your starting FL is far better for this task than any new FM because of the superior bodyguard unit and his battle-related traits. You will gain generals as you gain settlements.
    It really isn't the install, as I said, played Mak, Epiros, Rome all recently to around 200BC minimum, and no problems whatsoever with adopted Generals.

Yeah, it wasn't suicide in any way...but you are truly outnumbered going in to Kydonia on turn one -you have 2 Levy hops, 1 skirmisher, Crete Archers, and General. They have same PLUS another Crete Archer, Heavy Pelasts, Skirmisher Cav, and 60 something Greek Med Cav (on large). My generals unit WAS on def mode in the middle of the street, he died before less than half his unit--they went on to take the city.

Shrug--scheiss happens ;)

If you suicide half your generals, you'll get adoptees again. The game restricts the number of generals to a function of the number of settlements you own.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by bovi View Post
    If you suicide half your generals, you'll get adoptees again. The game restricts the number of generals to a function of the number of settlements you own.
    Did so, eventually got another "man of grt pot"- adopted him- he became client ruler next turn again. Something is amiss.......

Note: All new Generals via marriage acted normally, just the adopted KH generals bugged.

Default AW: KH FM Bug

Had the same problem with KH, it startet after a adoption of a client ruler (not problem this far), but then, some of my 16 year old new familiymembers become client rulers. I reinstalled EB and the bug never happend again. But I'm sure that I only changed the EDU and the EDB (chaged some recruitment options).

And this is the third thread about familymembers become client rulers...

all family members listed as client rulers
    All my families become Type4Governors and Impostors!

I vote for a bigger search function button! (nothing against you Drewski, I think you know how to use it)

Ceterum censeo Romam esse delendam

Balloon Count: 4

My Greek Nobles:
    from satalexton, his name is Plato
    from satalexton, his name is Sōkrátēs
    from satalexton, his nam is Aristotélēs

Started a new campaign as Epiros, all fine...have had a couple of adopted FM's behaved correctly. i.e. Became Family Members next turn...

There is something in that particular set of events as KH, that induces the bug...

is on the outside looking out Member PraetorFigus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drewski View Post
    Started a new campaign as Epiros, all fine...have had a couple of adopted FM's behaved correctly. i.e. Became Family Members next turn...

There is something in that particular set of events as KH, that induces the bug...
    could it be a missing trigger in the character_traits file that affects KH?

I might have had the same in an AS campaign, but I don't have EB on this comp to look at the file.
    "One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it." Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

"Mortui Tantum Terminem Belli Viderunt" (Only the dead have seen the end of war)
    a technical memory solution

Quote Originally Posted by PraetorFigus View Post
    could it be a missing trigger in the character_traits file that affects KH?

I might have had the same in an AS campaign, but I don't have EB on this comp to look at the file.
    Don't really know the EB files well enough myself to check.

If it isn't that, then I have 2 possible theories:-

1) In both KH games where it happened, the faction leader died before turn one ended, I don't know if this could have messed up the script somehow.

2) I moved the capital early on to Athens. The "men of grt pot" appeared in Athens when adopted, even though there were NO FM's in Athens. This is very unusual in that adopted FM in my experience always need an adoptee, and then appear with said adoptee General.

All starting faction members should have FamilyMember at the start. The faction leader shouldn't be that critical for this matter at least. But I'm not saying you should feel free to waste him right away .

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking