Thread: License question

Default License question

So, I am putting together a new machine for ETW, everything, including the ETW box arrived Monday, and it looks like my new mobo is DOA, I will have to wait for it to be returned.

The thing is, my old machine will probably run ETW on low res/low settings. However, if I install it there to hold me over until the new machine is running, am I going to have any kind of a DRM problem with steam when I put it on the new machine?

Would like to know if this will be a hassle, or if I'm going to have no problems installing it on the new machine once I have it running. Thoughts?

Slixpoitation Member A Very Super Market's Avatar
    Vancouver, BC, Canada, North America, Terra, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe

Default Re: License question

No. Remember your steam account and password, and steam will keep track of your games purchased through it throughout your entire life. Or until valve goes bankrupt. You will be able to install all games on steam on any computer. The only limit with it is, you must keep your game data in the "steamapps" folder.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    WELCOME TO AVSM
    Cool store, bro! I want some ham.
    No ham, pepsi.
    They make deli slices of frozen pepsi now? Awesome!
    You also need to purchase a small freezer for storage of your pepsi.
    It runs on batteries. You'll need a few.
    Uhh, I guess I won't have pepsi then. Do you have change for a twenty?
    You can sift through the penny jar
    ALL WILL BE CONTINUED

- Proud Horseman of the Presence

Quote Originally Posted by Flavius Gonzo View Post
    So, I am putting together a new machine for ETW, everything, including the ETW box arrived Monday, and it looks like my new mobo is DOA, I will have to wait for it to be returned.

The thing is, my old machine will probably run ETW on low res/low settings. However, if I install it there to hold me over until the new machine is running, am I going to have any kind of a DRM problem with steam when I put it on the new machine?

Would like to know if this will be a hassle, or if I'm going to have no problems installing it on the new machine once I have it running. Thoughts?
    Not a problem at all. I have 5 computers, in 4 different states. All have Steam, thus all have all my steam registered games.

The main limitation (& its a fair enough one) is that you can only be logged in as your Steam account on one PC at a time.
    When another PC logs in as the account, if one was already logged in it gets logged out.
    maybe those guys should be doing something more useful...

Thanks for the input, everyone!