Thread: Provincial Governors and (embarrassingly) Roman Names

Default Provincial Governors and (embarrassingly) Roman Names

Dear Forum,

In my EB 1.2 Romani Campaign in the beginning the provincial governors for certain conquered departments were created without any problems (e.g. governor of Sicily, Gallia Cisalpina etc.); but since nearly 100 turns no sinlge governor-title appeared by my characters, even though I captured the necessary provinces (e.g, Pergamon, Halikarnassos and Sardis for the “governor of Asia”). Is this a bug? Is there any possibility to attach the governor-titles, respectively the province-titles by cheating? (e.g. give_trait)

In this context my second question appears:
    In order to apply the “give_trait” or “reset_character”-cheat, how have I to type in the following character names (for example):
    - Sextvs Avrelius Cotta
    - Sextvs Aemilivs Pavlvs
    - Kaeso Clavdivs Pvlcher
    - Aemilivs Britanicvs
    It´s quite plain to me that the last name MUST be Romanvs, but what stands before it?
    SextusAavrelius Romanvs? SextusBavrelivs Romanvs? AvleivsAcotta Romanvs?

Please advise.
    Thank you very much
    Marcel

EBII Bricklayer Member V.T. Marvin's Avatar

Default Re: Provincial Governors and (embarrassingly) Roman Names

As for the names, this has been repeated plenty of times - for the last time just day before yesterday - see here.

As for the problem of not getting the provincial governor ancillary - it is possible that your FM already have the maximum number of other ancillaries (8). Try to pass those to aother FMs and see whether you get it

In my Roman campaign I often struggle with the incessant flood of various ancillaries my FMs are gaining, hardly having any slots open for them to gain provincial governorships or legion commands (I play with the Atraphoenix´s Extended Offices Mod).

Thank you for your quick reply. I read this latest post regarding names, but unfortunately I´m not able to implement this in my game. How would you type in the names of my example-chracters in order to cheat?
    Regards Marcel

the universal person Member everyone's Avatar

you can't.
    I have no idea how the EB team does it (probably with the use of some hidden traits), but it seems that the Roman character's last names are all the same (romanvs). so regardless of whether he is a julii, claudia or cornelii, his last name would still be 'Romanvs'.
    however, his first name may be modified as so when typed in the console, e.g. "SextvsA Romanvs" or "SextvsB" until "SextvsK", but you have to play a guessing game to figure out the letter that comes after their first name for the particular character.
    also, there are certain characters (the starting ones and descendants of the starting characters, if I'm not wrong), that do not have a letter behind their first name for some reason. with the conflict of first names, only one character may be effected by console commands while the other fellow with the same name when typed in the console can't have anything done to him. such as Cnaevs Cornelius Blasio and Cnaevs Cornelius Scipio Asina when you start the game, "Cnaevs Romanvs" only effects Blasio.

That means, for example, regarding "Sextvs Avrelius Cotta" I have to sample "SextvsA Romanvs" - "SextvsK Romavs" (11 alternatives) and to ignore the Middlename(s) completely ?!

Regards
    Marcel

Symbasileus ton Rhomaioktonon Member Maion Maroneios's Avatar

Yeah, the Romaioi naming system is quite complex from what I've understood. I'vce tried to teleport some of their characters around (for some Carthaginian invasion or the Baelaric isles), only to figure out I've managed to teleport some random guy instead.

Maion
    ~Maion

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

It is wise to test characters' names with a different cheat before moving them. The character_reset cheat is harmless, and by varifying a character's name before moving him will keep you from making a bug where you teleport a guy out from a city and he becomes a ghost army.

Quote Originally Posted by darkangel87 View Post
    That means, for example, regarding "Sextvs Avrelius Cotta" I have to sample "SextvsA Romanvs" - "SextvsK Romavs" (11 alternatives) and to ignore the Middlename(s) completely ?!

Regards
    Marcel
    12 actually... "Sextvs Romanvs" is also a possibility.

In my experience much to many Romans just have the same internal name. And the one that does move/gets the trait through console is always the wrong one of the two...

--> - Never near Argos - <--

Regarding the "provincial governor ancillary", I realised that (for example) my family member in Sparta has no ancillaries besides a "Family Retainer"; hence, it would be enough "space" to award him the "provincial governor" title for the respective area.
    Has someone any ideas?
    Regards Marcel