Thread: A Nifty Way to Get New Trade Partners

Default A Nifty Way to Get New Trade Partners

Have you ever played a scenario where you favored trade like the UP? Did you ever run out of folks to trade with because they did not have enough trade channels? Well here is the answer to your prayers. Just kill someone. When a nation goes out of business it frees up his trade. Now this is sort of like going to a funeral to pick up chicks, but it works.

And you don't even have to be the one doing the killing. Just keep your eyes open and wait for someone else to kill someone and swoop in and grab up the open dance partners. Be prepared to spend some money to loosen her up, but we have all played that game before; right!!!
    MTW it's not a game; it's a part time job.
    ---
    Any sufficiently advanced technology in indistinguishable from magic.
    -Arthur C. Clarke-

Default Re: A Nifty Way to Get New Trade Partners

You can do a similar thing when the three NA protectorates (13 colonies, New Spain & Lousiana) are absorbed by their host nations. The host nations will each have a trade slot available, and so will several other nations that typically trade with them (Ottomans, Marathas & Mughals come to mind).
    Ancestry: Turkish & Irish. Guess my favorite factions!

Default Re: A Nifty Way to Get New Trade Partners

Quote Originally Posted by MrWhipple View Post
    Now this is sort of like going to a funeral to pick up chicks, but it works.
    You say this like its a bad thing.

Yes, I always check the trade screen as nations often drop trade rights with others as their relations worsen, freeing up their slots. Check also when war is declared, same deal.
    "I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world because they'd never expect it."

"To me, boxing is like a ballet, except there's no music, no choreography, and the dancers hit each other."

- Jack Handey