Thread: Its me against the world :(

Default Its me against the world :(

Im playing as carthage. Why is every neighbor in war with me and for example rome, macedon and swebos have been mutual allies forever..

or https://img206.imageshack.us/img206/...4301921396.jpg
    Ptolemaics attack me from the start..Me and my iberian allies lusotana have been fighting rome together and all was well until lusotana suddenly turned against me? WFT? And at the same time macedon declared a war to me and attacked me and lusotana declared cease fire with rome..
    So now I have 4 powerful enemies attacking me..
    So what should I do?
    Im sending a decent army with a ship to defend my spanish teritories but maybe I should divert it to northern italy and ditch spain? Either way lusotana must burn! I never atack my allies.
    And what does ptolemaic empire want? Im trying to cease fire with them the whole game..I could use those armies now

Default Re: Its me against the world :(

I had the same problem with Carthage.

Lousitania will declare war on you when you try to expand over Iberia (there is one eleutheroi town, i cant remember the name: when you besiege it, Lousitania declares war: in my case: one huge eleutherou army at this point somehow became Lousitanian army).

Ptolies want Kyrena, and they will fight you as long as you have it. After that, they will want Lepki, and will spam you with elites and there is nothing you can do about it. Defend that bridge near Lepki and should be fine. Dont forget elephants: they are your friends

122AD?? LOL

EDIT: have you activated the script?
    Last edited by Jebivjetar; 04-30-2009 at 19:17.

Default AW: Re: Its me against the world :(

Quote Originally Posted by Jebivjetar View Post
    122AD?? LOL

EDIT: have you activated the script?
    My first thought was: 'Is there a mod that change the EB timelimit?' Then I saw the advisor...

I think he didn't activated it. Iounas, you have to activate the script, just klick on the advisor and follow his instructions, ceterum censeo Romam esse delendam.
    Last edited by Zett; 04-30-2009 at 19:22.

Balloon Count: 4

My Greek Nobles:
    from satalexton, his name is Plato
    from satalexton, his name is Sōkrátēs
    from satalexton, his nam is Aristotélēs

Default Re: AW: Re: Its me against the world :(

Quote Originally Posted by Zett View Post
    My first thought was: 'Is there a mod that change the EB timelimit?' Then I saw the advisor...

I think he didn't activated it. Iounas, you have to activate the script, just klick on the advisor and follow his instructions, ceterum censeo Romam esse delendam.
    hmm so I have to activate every time I play?
    I think my game started somewhere around 44ad and I activated and everything
    edit: I activated and im in 218bc..What did I miss playing without script?
    Last edited by iounas; 04-30-2009 at 20:24.

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

You must activate the script every time you start a new campaign and every time you load a saved game. If you've played a great amount of time with the script off, you probably have tons of problems and the script won't work quite right anymore. If that is the case, it is suggested that you start a whole new campaign and abandon the 'broken' one.

Quote Originally Posted by iounas View Post
    hmm so I have to activate every time I play?
    I activated and im in 218bc..What did I miss playing without script?
    I think my game started somewhere around 44ad and I activated and everything

Every time you start a new campaign or load a saved game you must activate the script.

Its weird... 44ad as a starting year...

Quote Originally Posted by iounas View Post
    What did I miss playing without script?
    Everything. (see EBBS.txt in EB\Data\Scripts)

--> - Never near Argos - <--

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus View Post
    You must activate the script every time you start a new campaign and every time you load a saved game. If you've played a great amount of time with the script off, you probably have tons of problems and the script won't work quite right anymore. If that is the case, it is suggested that you start a whole new campaign and abandon the 'broken' one.
    Oh Come on. Before posting such nonsense read the script for yourself onetime.
    THe script in EB is only for the Money help for the AI, for the reforms and for the 4 turn script. You can play without it and dont mess up anything. Just activate it and watch all the factions having a lot of reforms in one turn

Quote Originally Posted by seienchin View Post
    THe script in EB is only for the Money help for the AI, for the reforms and for the 4 turn script. You can play without it and dont mess up anything. Just activate it and watch all the factions having a lot of reforms in one turn
    And the Punic Wars (and some other conflicts around settlements, such as Kyrenaia)?
    The replenishing of populations in AI controlled settlements?
    If you acuse MAA of not reading the script, make sure you actually base the accusation on something that is not demonstrably false.

master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar

I can give you a few reasons:

1-god is angry at ye.

2-the AI is designed to make YOUR life a living hell (i.e by defeating you).

3-the enemies you fight are neighbors to one another, and all are fighting you. they all use diplomats, contrary to popular implication.

4-they will band together under the right conditions (I have that in IB: IJ3 alpha ATM- me versus the romano/berber/sassanid alliance. its ending like history too: much of Rome's eastern possessions have fallen, Sassanid persia is on its last knees, and the berbers are waging guerrilla war. you can always guess who I'm playing as . they at least know that if they band together against a human, they will. its a miracle the Armenians don't want to fight me (maybe because they are quite a good mercenary pool)

my advice is to launch as many armies as possible against as many enemies as possible, and capture their lands (its how I've done it ). you don't even need large armies; a small 8 unit army will do, with you hiring/bribing men into your service.
    Last edited by Ibrahim; 05-01-2009 at 02:34.
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg

Near East TW Mod Leader Member Cute Wolf's Avatar
    In ancient Middle East, driving Assyrian war machines...
    Blog Entries

Maybe you got your descr_stat modified... but anyway... How did the makedon expand sooo much??? in my game, they usually get pwnd by KH - Epeiros combo first....

My Projects : * Near East Total War * Nusantara Total War * Assyria Total War *
    * Watch the mind-blowing game : My Little Ponies : The Mafia Game!!! *

Also known as SPIKE in TWC

I am personally a great fan of Clausewitsch, iounas is facing the same problem that all of us do. Berserk AI, no worries iounas.

Now back to my affinity for the old Prussian, he prescribes that when outnumbered, hold off all but one enemies with minimal force while concentrating all available force on a single front/enemy, defeating him utterly, leave a husk or a few provinces as Eluitheroi as buffers, for when you border someone, they invaribly attack you.

For roleplaying reasons I recommend the traitors. I play as Romans and faced the same situation, and I used the time-honoured Roman tradition of sacking them all, killing citizens, horses, mules, dogs, everything!!! Sack them, let the treacherous villains die in your mines, on stakes and on Crucifixes!!!

Carthage was less brutal than Rome, so you may roleplay otherwise. Point is, concentrate on one enemy and destroy him
    'For months Augustus let hair and beard grow and occasionally banged his head against the walls whilst shouting; "Quinctillius Varus, give me my legions back"' -Sueton, Augustus.

"Deliver us oh God, from the fury of the Norsemen", French prayer, 9th century.
    Ask gi'r klask! ask-vikingekampgruppe.dk

Balloon count: 13

I know how you feel man..

Σέλευκος Νικάτωρ Member Fluvius Camillus's Avatar

Oh man this is sad... Sorry but I can't imagine any way to miss out on the script... sheesh
    Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrius
    Oh my god, i think that is the first time in human history that someone cares to explain an acronym that people expect everybody to know in advance.
    I lived for three years not knowing what AAR is.

Completed Campaigns: Epeiros (EB1.0), Romani (EB1.1), Baktria (1.2) and Arche Seleukeia
    1x From Olaf the Great for my quote!
    3x1x<-- From Maion Maroneios for succesful campaigns!
    5x2x<-- From Aemilius Paulus for winning a contest!
    1x From Mulceber!

Retreat from Italy and destroy the buildings, go defensive in Spain, and attack Egypt with everything you have, they have rich territories with huge cities, SACK SACK SACK!!! But leave some of their cities alone, so they can act as a buffer between you and Pahlva and Saba. Then you can train a new army to attack Spain. Rome won't bother you after they reconquered Italy, since they are going to face the Makedon expansion. After that you can choose to go berserk in the east or to attack Roman territories again. ;o
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Finished essays: The Italian Wars (1494-1559), The siege of Buda (1686), The history of Boius tribe in the Carpathian Basin, Hungarian regiments' participation in the Austro-Prussian-Italian War in 1866, The Mithridatic Wars, Xenophon's Anabasis, The Carthagian colonization
    Skipped essays: Serbian migration into the Kingdom of Hungary in the 18th century, The Order of Saint John in the Kingdom of Hungary

Quote Originally Posted by Apázlinemjó View Post
    Retreat from Italy and destroy the buildings, go defensive in Spain, and attack Egypt with everything you have, they have rich territories with huge cities, SACK SACK SACK!!! But leave some of their cities alone, so they can act as a buffer between you and Pahlva and Saba. Then you can train a new army to attack Spain. Rome won't bother you after they reconquered Italy, since they are going to face the Makedon expansion. After that you can choose to go berserk in the east or to attack Roman territories again. ;o
    I retreated from Spain and im neutral to lusotana and im defending in northern Italy but lost some cities to riots..And yeah im attacking Egypt at the same time with most of their forces in the north..I'm up to Alexandria but unrest and cultural difference and distance from capital is a problem. I dont know if I can hold the cities

Quote Originally Posted by seienchin View Post
    Wow... and to think you said that to someone who is on the team too.

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Although MAA mentioned the importance of script I post this part from "EB vs RTW: What is different? A Guide!!"

Background Script:

Perhaps the most important part of EB, the background script have to be activated each time you start a new campaign or load a save game. If it isn’t activated the advisor will remind you constantly. But no worries, after some hours it will have become a habit.
    But why is the background script so important? Well for one when activated each year takes 4 turns which makes it more realistic when it comes to army movement. But it also handles AI government control and prevents it from draining its cities for troops. It also adds Allied Rebel cities, to represent those cities that were allied with some of the factions, but are part of the rebel faction. Another important thing is that the faction victory conditions are also handled through it, and also provides with faction specific missions such as retrieving the body of Alexander, if you’re playing as Makedonia or Arche Seleukeia to bring it to Pella, or scripts events such as Roman triumphs.
    The military reforms are also important for EB and they are also handled with the script, including the Roman reforms, but also reforms for other factions such as the cataphract reforms for the Seleukids.
    Also, I think it was MAA who said that "when you play EB without activating the script then you just play Vanilla with EB units".(Sry, but I can't find the link to that post)
    This is reply to seienchin post.
    Last edited by Ibn-Khaldun; 05-02-2009 at 22:44.