Thread: Karmana Port bugged?

Default Karmana Port bugged?

Karmana has, in it's "settlement-tab", a trading dock.
    The representation on the campaign map, however, is a fishing village.
    It is not only the graphics but also the trade-math:
    The game effect is that of a fishing village, not a trading dock.
    Otherwise there would be at least the trade route to the port of Charax,
    which is missing as illustrated in the second image.

This bug has been mentioned before but I believe these would be the first screenshots of it,
    thereby hopefully helping to clarify what is wrong with the campaign map.
    The port at Karmana is as it is at campaign start.
    I once encountered a CTD when playing Baktria/EB1.1, conquering Karmana, tearing down the port and
    re-building it in an attempt to fix it (crash occurred when new trading dock (lvl2-port) was finished).
    I am now going to test if it also crashes in 1.2 with Arche Seleukeia.

[EDIT]
    Added images of trade summary scrolls of Charax and Karmana.
    No sea trade between them.

[EDIT2]
    Now, with a coastal clearing done, there is still no trade between Charax and Karmana.
    However, the campaign map now shows a harbor at Karmana.
    Maybe there is a maximum "range" for sea trade (read: The ports are too far apart)...?
    Last edited by Nachtmeister; 05-04-2009 at 11:51.

I am honoured to have been presented with my first baloons - - by Ibrahim for tactical observations
    and with my second balloon by Christopher Burgoyne for physical elaboration on the advantages conferred by the Kontos over the Xyston.

iudex thervingiorum Member athanaric's Avatar

Default Re: Karmana Port bugged?

I've noticed this bug too but things went back to normal when I built a lvl 2 port in both my Baktrian and Pahlavân campaigns.

Swêboz guide for EB 1.2
    Tips and Tricks for New Players
    from Hannibal Khan the Great, Brennus, Tellos Athenaios, and Winsington III.

That's weird. Regardless, this bug won't be fixed as we have no mapper on EB1.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

is on the outside looking out Member PraetorFigus's Avatar

to test the port, conquer Homna on Arabian pennisula

this could show if the port works or not

another idea is could there also be something with the distance between the city and port?

how are the roads drawn?

if i know where to go I can try to fiddle with the maps.

back to finals!
    "One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it." Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

"Mortui Tantum Terminem Belli Viderunt" (Only the dead have seen the end of war)
    a technical memory solution

I was planning to send the Seleukid faction heir to Arabia anyway, for Gerrha and then Homna. I will post when I have the settlements both with the Karmana Port un-altered (fishing village graphic) and with it torn down and re-built (proper port graphic).
    Or, I might just paste a savegame (un-modded german RTW Gold ed. EB1.2 with the fixes from Bovi's "EB fixes" thread installed, huge units, no battle time limit) on filefront when I'm done with this.
    The port is connected to Karmana via a road that usually gets obscured by the fog of war if no watchtowers are built so indeed distance might be the cause...
    I will get back here with the file ASAP.

I am honoured to have been presented with my first baloons - - by Ibrahim for tactical observations
    and with my second balloon by Christopher Burgoyne for physical elaboration on the advantages conferred by the Kontos over the Xyston.

The port is added in the campaign script,

maybe there is something going on with the script's ability to place the port into the campaign map, it looked like the only port added by the campaign script.

if it is destroyed and rebuilt, it appears to work as it should, (if memory serves correctly) trading with Susa.

i deleted the line in the campaign script and seemed fine
    "One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it." Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

"Mortui Tantum Terminem Belli Viderunt" (Only the dead have seen the end of war)

Interesting - on my machine (I did nothing about the script) it does not work even after re-building, also no trade with Gerrha so far (haven't gotten to Homna yet because I first need a FM with very high influence to deal with unrest there...). Then again, I can only re-build as far as a coastal clearing because Karmana only has ~800 population in my game - but it should at least have sea-imports that way... However, Gerrha has it's two available trade routes occupied by Persepolis and Susa. In the mean time I might want to try editing the script.
    How is this done? (File-path? All I have ever modded myself so far was the removal of MOT condition for KH phalangitai after destroying the Romani faction)
    Does it require starting a new campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtmeister View Post
    Interesting - on my machine (I did nothing about the script) it does not work even after re-building, also no trade with Gerrha so far (haven't gotten to Homna yet because I first need a FM with very high influence to deal with unrest there...). Then again, I can only re-build as far as a coastal clearing because Karmana only has ~800 population in my game - but it should at least have sea-imports that way... However, Gerrha has it's two available trade routes occupied by Persepolis and Susa. In the mean time I might want to try editing the script.
    How is this done? (File-path? All I have ever modded myself so far was the removal of MOT condition for KH phalangitai after destroying the Romani faction)
    Does it require starting a new campaign?
    if you would like to test building ports in Karmana i'd suggest you add_population 1200 Kamana (I might have butchered the order of the command, haven't used it in a long time)

then the process_cq Karmana to see how trade looks, I'm gonna fire up EB in a little bit to check on that again also.

the file path for the campaign script is EB\Data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign
    the file name should be in bold (at least mine is)

use Notepad++ or something similar, use the Search/(Find...) option to find port
    to find the entry the quickest, it's a long script.

then either use ; or delete the line "console_command create_building Karmana port"

the section of code looks like this
    ;Karmania - Karmana
    console_command create_building Karmana muster_field_J ;No barracks in starting in this settlment
    console_command create_building Karmana roads
    console_command create_building Karmana port
    console_command create_building Karmana mines

hope my directions are helpful

edit: I forgot to say that the campaign script is loaded when a campaign is started, so the change would not affect a save
    Last edited by PraetorFigus; 05-09-2009 at 19:41. Reason: Forgot to address a few questions!