Thread: Questions! (Mostly regarding the MP Campaigns!)

Default Questions! (Mostly regarding the MP Campaigns!)

I know! This is the singeplayer forum.

But it is very unlikely that this would be read if I posted it in the MP forum.

I want to know if the fantastic idea of Multiplayer Campaigns is still in progress; are they still being played?
    It was only a year ago that I saw Vanilla RTW MP lobbies filled with enthusiastic players, and the die-off seems to have been too swift to be true.

Is there any chance of another RTWMP Campaign taking place?

----------

Regarding Diplomacy, I wanted to know how it is possible to;

-Have the AI agree to territorial access.

-Maintain Alliances with Border factions (Even on Normal I have trouble [I play RTRPE 1.9])

-Have the AI attack another faction (Does this ever work?)

-Create a sustainable peace with an aggressive faction in a war begun by them for your territory

-------------

Lastly; is it worthwhile raiding and leaving a faction's cities to rebel? Or will this always create a full stack of elite and levy troops to their great advantage?

Atheoskrates Member Custodis Hellenius's Avatar

Default Re: Questions! (Mostly regarding the MP Campaigns!)

On the last of the diplomacy questions; When I played my first Greek campaign, I took Athens early on. Macedonia attacked Athens from Corinth, but I beat them back. That turn, a Macedonian diplomat offered a ceasefire.

"These people should know when they're conquered."
    "One person with a delusion is known as insane. Thousands of people with the same delusion is known as religion."

/

Deranged rock ape Member Quirinus's Avatar

Regarding the diplomacy, to be honest I have never tried using those features very much. My diplomatic activities with the AI are mostly limited to ceasefires, map info, trade rights, alliances, financial transactions and my favourite, bribery. EB and XGM have a force-diplomacy script that makes diplomacy a lot easier, but the AI still will not accept certain terms. Not sure if it's adaptable to vanilla.

Regarding raiding cities, an important thing to do is to demolish every demolishable structure, so that when the AI gets them back, their garrison that spawns will be full of peasants. True, maybe gold-chevroned peasants, but wipe them out with missiles-- all those extra defense skill points do not count against missiles.
    WARNING! This baseline signature should never appear on screen!

Wherever my blade takes me or to school, it sorta depends

Well in regard to your diplomacy questions i find that it is nigh on impossible to keep a border faction friendly unless they are friendly with you in the CORE RELATIONSHIPS part of the descr_strat. I found that the AI is far more accomadating when i made a triumvirate of macedon, seleucia, and carthage. As macedon i got military access from seleucia and carthage, and also they would attack other nations with a little financial incentive (like 1k basically a face saver). I have also had a vanilla game (no little mods here and there in the folders) when as carthage the gauls and macedon formed a very strong and lasting alliance. There is potential for it but the AI is NOT consistent so you never really know whats gonna happen besides *hehe* total war

You mean that the factions actually accepted your terms and then declared war on the faction you asked them to attack?
    How?
    I have never managed to get an AI faction to agree with the idea of fighting another which they do not already war against.

Also, I have destroyed five gallic armies in my RTRPE1.9 campaign as the Iberians, I have taken two of their cities but it is logistically unintelligent to extend any further into enemy territory.
    (I have 13 provinces, four must be constantly guarded from the Gauls and I have only two troop producing provinces.)

If one causes significant loss to the enemy and threatens a city perhaps, will they accept a ceasefire?
    If they accept, will they maintain it?

Perhaps the AI will relinquish this war when Rome starts moving north. Bastards.

Is there a force-diplomacy mod that would work with RTR? I will go onto TWC to look anyway.

Wherever my blade takes me or to school, it sorta depends

Yeah they have accepted to attack i think though because i asked powerful factions they calculated chances against me and against the AI and chose to go with me. However it took some cash (which even if minuscule amounts the AI appears to love) but yes they attacked, i believe the romans, iberians, and britons when i was the carthaginians and as the macedonians they attacked pontus, egypt, romans, numidia, and iberia when i was macedom. So *gasp* the AI does think in the game somewhat (note some base editing was done to AI attitudes to make them more accommodating and those campaigns were played on vh/vh)