Thread: Behold! The Secret Behind Rome's Military Might Finally Revealed...

That's "Chopper" to you, bub. Member DaciaJC's Avatar

Exclamation Behold! The Secret Behind Rome's Military Might Finally Revealed...

No, not the manipular formation.

No, not the versatility of the legionaries.

Nor the genius of the generals or the warlike nature that characterized the Romani.

No, it was something much deeper... darker... some might even refer to it as e-vehl.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

All you have been told... a lie. Gaze upon the terrifying creature that allowed the Romani to conquer the known world.

Notice the not-so-subtle symbolism, particularly the colors of this terrorizing being. Red for blood, black for death, and white for purity, absence of.

Its spidery tendons spread out against the sky, appearing to be amazingly compact and yet repulsive to one another.

This thing's name, Thatwhichshallnotbeutteredunderpainofannilihation, speaks volumes about its deathly nature.

Notice how a unit of cavalry rests under its gaze. You see now why the Romani appeared nigh-invincible in battle: they obtained strength from this being, drinking it in as a normal human might take in water. For how else could the might Getai be subdued in battle?

Were they simply robots then, you ask, feeding off this creature's presence? Not quite, says I; the truth is likely more horrific.
    + =

3x for this, this, and this

Default Re: Behold! The Secret Behind Rome's Military Might Finally Revealed...

What is that!?
    Quote Originally Posted by a completely inoffensive name View Post
    Have the strength of Arnold Schwarzenegger, the voice of Billy Mays and the ability to produce bull**** at a moments notice and you can be the leader of anything.

Looks like a game of Mikado gone horribly wrong to me... You sure you haven't recently sacrificed a few Romani to something that alters skins or models?
    Last edited by Tellos Athenaios; 05-04-2009 at 01:52.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Loving being a Member Ghaust the Moor's Avatar

OMG, FLOATING OARS!!!!!!!!!!! :

They call me Flavius Member Belisarius II's Avatar

RUN HORSEYS RUN!
    "Possunt quia posse videntur." - Virgil - "They can because they think they can."

Strategos Autokrator Member Vasiliyi's Avatar

ROMA INVICTA!

4x
    1x

Post Re: Behold! The Secret Behind Rome's Military Might Finally Revealed...

People have been really taking up my torch and spamming in my name. How nice.

Anyways, on the topic at hand: oh, geez.

Σέλευκος Νικάτωρ Member Fluvius Camillus's Avatar

Alright that is creepy, and I thougth the Carthaginian plan to ram back was weird enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrius
    Oh my god, i think that is the first time in human history that someone cares to explain an acronym that people expect everybody to know in advance.
    I lived for three years not knowing what AAR is.

Completed Campaigns: Epeiros (EB1.0), Romani (EB1.1), Baktria (1.2) and Arche Seleukeia
    1x From Olaf the Great for my quote!
    3x1x<-- From Maion Maroneios for succesful campaigns!
    5x2x<-- From Aemilius Paulus for winning a contest!
    1x From Mulceber!

W000T!! Ram back, LOL

The thing above the Romans there is of course Cthulu.

We are spamming...
    'For months Augustus let hair and beard grow and occasionally banged his head against the walls whilst shouting; "Quinctillius Varus, give me my legions back"' -Sueton, Augustus.

"Deliver us oh God, from the fury of the Norsemen", French prayer, 9th century.
    Ask gi'r klask! ask-vikingekampgruppe.dk

Balloon count: 13

Parthian Cataphract #03452 Member Zradha Pahlavan's Avatar
    Susa, near the left wing of the royal palace.

Kill it!!! Kill it!!! Fire every arrow if you have to, just kill it!!!
    Parthian Nationalist

It is the revenge of Quetzalcoatl of course!!!!

Really sick picture
    Oh my god, i think that is the first time in human history that someone cares to explain an acronym that people expect everybody to know in advance.

Completed Campaigns: Epeiros (EB1.0), Romani (EB1.1), Baktria (1.2) and Arche Seleukeia
    1x From Mulceber!

That's "Chopper" to you, bub. Member DaciaJC's Avatar

Oh, I forgot to mention, the game in question is a recorded match that antisocialmunky so graciously provided me.

Dacians.rpy

Just in case you wanted to experience the spectacle yourselves (it's a good match either way).
    + =

3x for this, this, and this

Near East TW Mod Leader Member Cute Wolf's Avatar
    In ancient Middle East, driving Assyrian war machines...
    Blog Entries

Question Re: Behold! The Secret Behind Rome's Military Might Finally Revealed...

How to place rams behind doors?

My Projects : * Near East Total War * Nusantara Total War * Assyria Total War *
    * Watch the mind-blowing game : My Little Ponies : The Mafia Game!!! *

Also known as SPIKE in TWC

Vicious Celt Warlord Member Celtic_Punk's Avatar

ITS THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER! Feel his noodley appendage!
    'Who Dares WINS!' - SAS
    "The republic stands for truth and honour. For all that is noblest in our race. By truth and honour, principle and sacrifice alone will Ireland be free."-Liam Mellows

Who knows? If it's a enough day we may all end up Generals!"

hey

Where can i download that mod?

soup_alex: Hmm, this looks like being an interesting thread...
    [clicks]
    soup_alex: Uh. What... what is that thing? Wha... uh... OH GODShgkshguieohfguisehufhseubglsebgusngjnsdkgnstgewhtseuiotnwsngksdngouisnegtkonsdklgnls

(Thanks, Frontline... I just failed my SAN roll!
    Also, great pic, Fluvius! And we wonder why Rome triumphed over Carthage... )
    "The pathfinding around town squares is twenty different kinds of horrible."Watchman

Russia/Europe in the summer, Florida rest of the time

Question Re: Behold! The Secret Behind Rome's Military Might Finally Revealed...

How did that happen Fluvius?

Well I really have no explanation for it, so I just tell you the circumstances.

I was playing my Epeirote EB1.0 Campaign and was at war with Carthage. While winning the war I attacked a certain Mauretanian town, the most eastern one (Sala?).

My spies had already infiltrated the settlement so I was lucky enough to take the town right away. The screen loaded and all gates where openend, but when I looked around to see which gate was best to attack I saw the Southern one and was astonished.

I had absolutely no idea how this could happen, its really the weirdest thing ive seen. I took a screenshot right away. When conquering the town I attacked the ram, this danger had to be destroyed. When I came near it they tried moving the ram, but it was too late, they were slaughtered. The ram kept standing there (I regret not trying to seize it and attack the square with it). Eventually I won the battle with ease and I took the town without any CTD.

~Fluvius

1x From Mulceber!

The carthaginians really love wierd RAM thing. LOL

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...ht=wierd+thing
    - REVENGE!!!
    - A NEW DYNASTY!!!

- a very generous bribe from Yarema

I'd be pleased as punch if you could somehow still see the ram there if using the "view settlement close-up" function; even better if the citizens had erected a statue to commemorate it.

The Roman cult of Daoloth/FSM is still giving me nightmares. Also, the "white" looks to me more like bone.
    "The pathfinding around town squares is twenty different kinds of horrible."Watchman

I had the same problem many years ago, I don't know waht realease I was playing. It was due to a problem with my video card (my card was really broken, actually the processor was over heating).
    In my case it just looked like an oil over canvas painting. From the heads of every soldier, specially the cavalry guys, you could see those lines, just not horizontal, going up to the sky.

Well that was my case.
    I would check my hardware just in case.

Cheers.

PS I hope this helps and I am not spaming.
    Vulnerat omnes, ultima necat

master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_Punk View Post
    ITS THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER! Feel his noodley appendage!
    bah! FSM be damned!

back on topic:

since when is a besieging its enemy when its enemy surrounds it? I can only think of one thing:

those carthaginians simply have no excuse...no wonder they lost the punic wars
    Last edited by Ibrahim; 05-06-2009 at 19:51.
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg

Why is this thread still open? Where's Foot?

Loving being a Member Ghaust the Moor's Avatar

Why does it matter as to wether or not its's still open. Its a thread, you don't have to be an ass about it.

Slixpoitation Member A Very Super Market's Avatar
    Vancouver, BC, Canada, North America, Terra, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe

Ah-ahahaha. You don't seem to realize how non-spam the EB forum is.
    WELCOME TO AVSM
    Cool store, bro! I want some ham.
    No ham, pepsi.
    They make deli slices of frozen pepsi now? Awesome!
    You also need to purchase a small freezer for storage of your pepsi.
    It runs on batteries. You'll need a few.
    Uhh, I guess I won't have pepsi then. Do you have change for a twenty?
    You can sift through the penny jar
    ALL WILL BE CONTINUED

- Proud Horseman of the Presence

Quote Originally Posted by Megas Methuselah View Post

You changed......

- REVENGE!!!
    - A NEW DYNASTY!!!

- a very generous bribe from Yarema

Quote Originally Posted by Megas Methuselah View Post

Just let us all have a good laugh about some bugs...

1x From Mulceber!

Zoodling Millipede Member Ariovistus Maximus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zradha Pahlavan View Post
    Kill it!!! Kill it!!! Fire every arrow if you have to, just kill it!!!
    maybe some photon arrows...
    OF DESTINY AND DUTY: A GALATIAN AAR
    Preview of the Week:

And then check out my ANCIENT WEAPONS STUDY

My balloons: x 8