Poll: How Many of you single player guys will play the multiplayer campaigns when released

Thread: Single Player Campaign > MP Campaign

Arrow Single Player Campaign > MP Campaign

How many of you single player guys will try multiplayer campaigns when theyre released?

"The mind is everything. What you think you become."

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Single Player Campaign > MP Campaign

Single player will never entertain me again.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

Antwerp for the moment and before that Arklow, Dublin, London, Lyon, Munich and .. well here and there basicly

Bring it on
    I think I'll have a few when playing
    New lords, new laws

No path of flowers leads to glory, mine is paved with blood and gore

One thing i know alot of the good MPers lack is knowledge of the campaign map, i know people who have played over 3000 online games but never completed a full campaign, will be interesting to see how the SP community fares vs the mp community as surely the sp community will be stronger on the SP camp map for quite some time. Ofc the rules change with the introduction of a mp campaign and old strats v the ai simply wont work on the campaign map. Should be quite interesting and fun!

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

I would like to play a MP Campaign, but none of my friends plays TW, and I guess that a MP Campaign is even more time consuming than SP Campaign, so I will keep my hands of it.
    Better dead than a Coward - Gurkha motto

From experience i can tell you that campaigns 1v1 can be over in as little as 5-6 hours maybe less, When the campaigns are released ill be building a community for it and arranging competitions or just friendly campaigns so dont be put off that none of your friends play totalwar, Just look out for me setting these up and post your interest and we will get u some in some campaigns. Also im sure many others will be looking for opponents that have similar time restrictions or able to play alot.

Remember a campaign can be what you make it, if your pushed for time you can have victory conditions like capture the opponents captal or capture the opponents capital and hold for 5 turns, capture 4 of your opponents provinces even. The options are endless from a series of around 6 pitched battles to an ultra detailed campaign with no attack rules for 15 turns teching etc.
    Last edited by Swoosh So; 05-04-2009 at 13:37. Reason: I Always edit!!

Buddha

Bearing in mind that I've never actually been able to connect to a multiplayer battle, I doubt I'll have the opportunity to take part in a multiplayer campaign.
    "Romanes Eunt Domus"

- Brian of Nazareth

"We always have been, we are, and I hope we always shall be, detested in France."

- Arthur Wellesly

I don't have 5-6 hours at a time to play MP campaigns. My short campaigns take me 2 weeks to beat because I only play 45 minutes a day. That's what happens when you work FT and are in school FT...

Im sure there are many with the same situation perhaps we can make some thread later where people post what times they can play and match opponents up.

Buddha

Future USMC Cobra Pilot Member Prussian to the Iron's Avatar
    Out too long in the midnight sea. Oh what's becoming of me?

i will most definitely do it. unfortanately, i cant get on the comp for a while, so i dont know if ill be on when its released.........

plus imagine the lag; it takes long enough for every nation to cycle through the turns as it is, imagine another human taking just as long as you!!!!!
    Add me on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001603097354
    I am an Unstoppable Force, an Immovable Object

The campaigns are 1v1 so i shouldent imagine that long, again it depends on the player. I can only speak from my experience of rometotalwar 1v1 campaigns with amp and those turns took from 3-10 minutes. I spent the time amp took making his turns writing a quick storyboard or planning my own moves.

Buddha

BLEEEE! Senior Member Daveybaby's Avatar

I will never have the enough free time to play an MP campaign, and even if i did i doubt i would have the patience to actually finish it. I suspect that the number of people who say that MP campaigns are a 'must-have' is very high, but the number of people who will ever actually play one through to completion is vanishingly small.

Also: IMO the design requirements for a playable SP strategy game and a playable MP one are like chalk and cheese. If you try to do both in the same game there's a good chance of making something that doesnt work in either.

I've tried it in the past but found that there were far too many expliots to make it enjoyable. But I'm happy to give it another go.
    Didz
    Fortis balore et armis

Master of Puppets Member hellenes's Avatar

If it has battles online then it will solve the pipedream of a "challenging" "AI"....until then no challenge...
    Impunity is an open wound in the human soul.

ΑΙΡΕΥΟΝΤΑΙ ΕΝ ΑΝΤΙ ΑΠΑΝΤΩΝ ΟΙ ΑΡΙΣΤΟΙ ΚΛΕΟΣ ΑΕΝΑΟΝ ΘΝΗΤΩΝ ΟΙ ΔΕ ΠΟΛΛΟΙ ΚΕΚΟΡΗΝΤΑΙ ΟΚΩΣΠΕΡ ΚΤΗΝΕΑ

The best choose one thing in exchange for all, everflowing fame among mortals; but the majority are satisfied with just feasting like beasts.

Actually IIRC ca said that the mp campaign would be released within 2 months of the game release, ive been looking and cant find any updated info on the mp campaign...

Anyone have any updates?

EDIT:

Ah from the .com daily update 22 april

I'm told we got through a couple of turns of multiplayer campaign today, meaning it's going well. Please give a big cheer for Alex at CA who's working on this one constantly.
    Last edited by Swoosh So; 05-07-2009 at 07:57. Reason: I always Edit!

Buddha