Thread: problem with carthage

Default problem with carthage

I'm new to the EB game and i decided to play as carthage for my first game. I own all of the required settlements (including the raiding targets) and it still says I have not won. what am i doing wrong? i have checked several times and i do have all the settlements, and i have turned on the script every time. any ideas?

Default Re: problem with carthage

I love to see some screenshots of your empire and army composition.
    - REVENGE!!!
    - A NEW DYNASTY!!!

- a very generous bribe from Yarema

Do you have Sidon?

EDIT: as far as i know, there are no riding targets for Carthage, just have to conquer a lot of cities.
    Last edited by Jebivjetar; 05-06-2009 at 10:10.

Unoffical PBM recruiter person Member /Bean\'s Avatar

Turned the script on everytime? Since your new, that is one of the most likely reasons.

And also as Jebivjetar said, make sure you have Sidon, in Phoenicia.
    =========================================
    Look out for the upcoming Warriors of the La Tene PBM, a new style of interactive EB gaming rising from the ashes of BtSH and WotB!
    ========================================================
    + =
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Jebivjetar View Post
    Do you have Sidon?

EDIT: as far as i know, there are no riding targets for Carthage, just have to conquer a lot of cities.
    there are 3 raiding targets... Sala Siga and the other one close around if I'm not mistaken

Quote Originally Posted by GnaeusCotta View Post
    there are 3 raiding targets... Sala Siga and the other one close around if I'm not mistaken
    I dont know about you. But in my game advisor didnt say anything about raiding, i just must to hold enlisted settlements. Maybe i missed something, ill check it tonight when load a game.

Unoffical PBM recruiter person Member /Bean\'s Avatar

For the updated VC's listen to the advisor rather than what the overview scroll tells you.
    Last edited by /Bean\; 05-06-2009 at 16:39.
    =========================================
    Look out for the upcoming Warriors of the La Tene PBM, a new style of interactive EB gaming rising from the ashes of BtSH and WotB!
    ========================================================
    + =
    [/CENTER]

...you need to click on the "?" button a second time (i.e. after clicking once to get the "take & hold" targets) to have the Advisor tell you about the raid targets. As Gnaeus says, it's pretty much just Western Africa (rather, NW Africa!), three provinces around Mauretania.

Also, remember that you don't have to relinquish your hold on a province in order to satisfy the "raid" requirement; "raid" meaning: as long as you've held it for at least one turn, possession doesn't matter at the end of the game (when you've satisfied all other remaining conquest requirements).
    "The pathfinding around town squares is twenty different kinds of horrible."Watchman

You're right about raiding those 3 cities. I didn't saw that before (didn't press ? twice)