Thread: Amazing victory; 3-1 odds

Future USMC Cobra Pilot Member Prussian to the Iron's Avatar
    Out too long in the midnight sea. Oh what's becoming of me?

Default Amazing victory; 3-1 odds

in my RTI chapter 3 campaign, i was besieging the city under maryland with a general, 2 Regiment of Horses, and 11 riflemen. the british sallied forth with 2 howitzers, some line infantry and a unit of ferguson riflemen, plus some other units mixed in there. supporting them was a cherokee army with lots of elite infantry and cavalry, as well as another reinforcing army of mostly cavalry.

i somehow managed to win, albeit with (i believe) more than a 50% casualty rate.
    i wanted to post pics, but i cant find where they went so......... yeah.

basically, i arrayed my riflemen in a trapezoid-looking shape;3 on each side and 2 in the back, with my cavalry in the middle of the square-thingy. once the battle started i deployed stakes immediately, which led to me getting inter-locking stake lines, something that saved me. i moved out my regiments of horses to charge the indian infantry, but they routed. so basically i let the enemy move up to me, unleashing 1-3 unreturned volleys at advancing line infantry. they for some reason charged me, but i was able to pull out some riflemen from behind and drove back the british lines. i allowed the cherokee to charge my stakes, and then wiped out the remaining infantry with some riflemen from the sides.

somehow i ended up being relatively safe from the enemy cannons, and routed almost all of their units within 15 minutes. they ended up with a unit of provincial cavalry ad mounted tribal gunners, and i charged down the hill with all my remaining forces. they werew wiped out, but i was left with only half the men i had before. i was able to route another cherokee army right after with some much needed reinforcements, and cemented the front-line above the potomac.

in one battle, i killed over 3000 men with only 1032, and could have easily held off another attack, even without the reinforcements.

well, ill try and find the screenshots and post them, but i forgot to take them until almost the end.
    Add me on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001603097354
    I am an Unstoppable Force, an Immovable Object

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

Default Re: Amazing victory; 3-1 odds

Reminds me of RTI Cp4 where I landed 3 armies in Britain and the first one at about 90% strength on its own defeated 4 British fullstacks sent against it in 4 separate battles during the same AI turn on more or less flat terrain. It had about 25% remaining all xp 2 or 3 then but my general died in the last battle (he started that one with 3 men and was my only remaining cav unit along with 2 regiment of horse units one at 3 one at 4 men).
    Last edited by FactionHeir; 05-11-2009 at 13:16.
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)