Thread: Marian problems

Default Marian problems

I am playing a campaign as Rome and have received the Marian reforms. Unfortunately it has resulted in all my homeland MICís being damaged, I have repaired them all once (and so now can recruit the reformed troops) but the MICS still appear to be damaged. They look like they need to be repaired and I can spend 10,000 to re-repair them although they still allow troop recruitment. What have I done wrong?

Also are the reformed troops worse than the original ones? The Princepís stats are very similar however they cost substantially more (even though there are only an extra 20 men in each unit).

Slixpoitation Member A Very Super Market's Avatar
    Vancouver, BC, Canada, North America, Terra, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe

Default Re: Marian problems

The extra men, lethality, and their gigantic AoR makes up for it, don't you think?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    WELCOME TO AVSM
    Cool store, bro! I want some ham.
    No ham, pepsi.
    They make deli slices of frozen pepsi now? Awesome!
    You also need to purchase a small freezer for storage of your pepsi.
    It runs on batteries. You'll need a few.
    Uhh, I guess I won't have pepsi then. Do you have change for a twenty?
    You can sift through the penny jar
    ALL WILL BE CONTINUED

- Proud Horseman of the Presence

Zoodling Millipede Member Ariovistus Maximus's Avatar

Hey, about that; (a:) do I hafta destroy MICs and rebuild, or can I just build the next one?

Also, when I load up my game as Rome, I often find that my gov't buildings are 100% damaged!!! And once this happened to upwards of 20 cities; I had to repair ALL of them. $$$! Really annoying. I assume its just a glitch?
    OF DESTINY AND DUTY: A GALATIAN AAR
    Preview of the Week:

And then check out my ANCIENT WEAPONS STUDY

My balloons: x 8

That's "Chopper" to you, bub. Member DaciaJC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ariovistus Maximus View Post
    Hey, about that; (a:) do I hafta destroy MICs and rebuild, or can I just build the next one?

Also, when I load up my game as Rome, I often find that my gov't buildings are 100% damaged!!! And once this happened to upwards of 20 cities; I had to repair ALL of them. $$$! Really annoying. I assume its just a glitch?
    Were you playing another campaign right before? If so, that would be the reason. If you want to load up a different campaign, you should quit out of EB completely and then open it up another time.
    + =

3x for this, this, and this

Zoodling Millipede Member Ariovistus Maximus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontline1944 View Post
    Were you playing another campaign right before? If so, that would be the reason. If you want to load up a different campaign, you should quit out of EB completely and then open it up another time.
    Yep. That was it. It occurred to me that that was the pattern, but I couldn't think why. Good to know! Thanks.
    OF DESTINY AND DUTY: A GALATIAN AAR
    Preview of the Week:

And then check out my ANCIENT WEAPONS STUDY

My balloons: x 8

Marian reforms replace your current Polybian MIC with it's equivalent Marian, the Polybian MIC will have 100% damage simply demolish it and get some money back any upgrades you build will be Marian.
    Last edited by Chris1959; 05-11-2009 at 13:45. Reason: Polybian after Camillan Duh!!
    "Tell them I said something......"
    Pancho Villa
    Completed; Rome AD14!

Quote Originally Posted by duncan.gill View Post
    I am playing a campaign as Rome and have received the Marian reforms. Unfortunately it has resulted in all my homeland MICís being damaged, I have repaired them all once (and so now can recruit the reformed troops) but the MICS still appear to be damaged. They look like they need to be repaired and I can spend 10,000 to re-repair them although they still allow troop recruitment. What have I done wrong?
    Don't try to repair them. If you look at your list of buildings, you'll notice that there's *another* MIC building that has magically appeared in your settlement. That's the one that's producing Marian troops, not your old, damaged Polybian MIC. Just destroy the Polybian one and collect some cash.

Also are the reformed troops worse than the original ones? The Princepís stats are very similar however they cost substantially more (even though there are only an extra 20 men in each unit).
    In terms of stats, yes, Principes are slightly better than the cohors reformata. Why that is, I don't know, although I'm sure the EB team had a good reason for it. Regardless, they're both very good units and the Marian Cohorts will be just as good or better than their Polybian equivalents once they get themselves some experience points.

In terms of cost, the increases is because Principes were landed, citizen soldiers who were fighting for their country and were only paid in rations - no salary for them. Marian troops are professional soldiers and thus are paid to fight. Thus, they cost more and you'll notice their upkeep is higher. -M
    My Balloons:

is on the outside looking out Member PraetorFigus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mulceber View Post
    In terms of stats, yes, Principes are slightly better than the cohors reformata. Why that is, I don't know, although I'm sure the EB team had a good reason for it. Regardless, they're both very good units and the Marian Cohorts will be just as good or better than their Polybian equivalents once they get themselves some experience points.

In terms of cost, the increases is because Principes were landed, citizen soldiers who were fighting for their country and were only paid in rations - no salary for them. Marian troops are professional soldiers and thus are paid to fight. Thus, they cost more and you'll notice their upkeep is higher. -M
    Sorta what A Very Super Market said,

Quote Originally Posted by A Very Super Market View Post
    The extra men, lethality, and their gigantic AoR makes up for it, don't you think?
    and to add, the Marian reforms also represent changes on who is entering the Roman military, since the requirements have changed from the prior two eras, no more farmer-soldiers providing their own equipment.
    "One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it." Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

"Mortui Tantum Terminem Belli Viderunt" (Only the dead have seen the end of war)
    a technical memory solution