Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: First Celtic Reform

  1. #1

    Default First Celtic Reform

    I have 5 level 3 markets, it says i need 4 collectivly with casse,arverni,adeui. i have 5 and the year is 250 or so and no reforms am i missing something?
    Son of the Glorious Empire of Croatia
    traits: Distrusts Hairy Middle-Easteners, Reverant, Austere, True Roman.





  2. #2
    Member Member anubis88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    3,400

    Default Re: First Celtic Reform

    did you activate the script? The level 3 markets are the highest markets u can build. The ones that cost 6000+ mnai. Also, it may take a few years to make the reforms happen.

    Hope it helps
    Europa Barbarorum Secretary

  3. #3

    Default Re: First Celtic Reform

    yea, script activated, pretty sure these are the highest markets
    Son of the Glorious Empire of Croatia
    traits: Distrusts Hairy Middle-Easteners, Reverant, Austere, True Roman.





  4. #4
    urk! Member bobbin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Tin Isles
    Posts
    3,668

    Default Re: First Celtic Reform

    You need 6 top level markets to get the first celtic reform.
    Code:
    monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionIsLocal
    and I_CompareCounter Celt_ForumCount > 5
    set_counter Celt_Reform 1
    end_monitor
    For the second reform you need 10 markets, 6 large cities and 6 top level temples.
    Code:
    monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionIsLocal
    and I_CompareCounter Celt_ForumCount > 9
    and I_CompareCounter Celt_CityCount > 5
    and I_CompareCounter Celt_TempleCount > 5
    set_counter Celt_Reform 2
    end_monitor


  5. #5
    Not Actually Greek... Member NickTheGreek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    100

    Default Re: First Celtic Reform

    What units are tied to the celtic reforms? Having never played a celtic faction I wouldn't know.
    Balloons! - - A Very Super Market, - Tiberius Claudius Marcellus, - Machinor

  6. #6
    Member Member anubis88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    3,400

    Default Re: First Celtic Reform

    Quote Originally Posted by NickTheGreek View Post
    What units are tied to the celtic reforms? Having never played a celtic faction I wouldn't know.
    I think in the first one you get archers and the Gaileche spearmen,
    with the second you get the Brinhentin and Neitos, but you loose the levy spearmen and axemen
    Europa Barbarorum Secretary

  7. #7
    urk! Member bobbin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Tin Isles
    Posts
    3,668

    Default Re: First Celtic Reform

    Arverni & Aedui

    Arverni, Aedui & Casse

    Casse


    There are a few others which i can't remember right now, also IIRC the Casse keep the celtic axemen after the last reform.
    Last edited by bobbin; 05-12-2009 at 16:32.


  8. #8
    Satalextos Basileus Seron Member satalexton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,180

    Default Re: First Celtic Reform

    is it me, or do the mainland Keltoi become more organised after each reform.....while the Casse become more and more 'orky' and choppy?




    "ΜΗΔΕΝ ΕΩΡΑΚΕΝΑΙ ΦΟΒΕΡΩΤΕΡΟΝ ΚΑΙ ΔΕΙΝΟΤΕΡΟΝ ΦΑΛΑΓΓΟΣ ΜΑΚΕΔΟΝΙΚΗΣ" -Lucius Aemilius Paullus

  9. #9

    Default Re: First Celtic Reform

    Well i just got first reform, for no reason i could think of than the date, 255 bc or so, and am working on the second now, thanks for the input guys, btw, rome is no more, i sold their dominion to the epirotes
    Son of the Glorious Empire of Croatia
    traits: Distrusts Hairy Middle-Easteners, Reverant, Austere, True Roman.





  10. #10

    Default Re: First Celtic Reform

    does this have any effect on recruiting gaellic shock infantry/arm shock infantry cos I can get the basic spearmen and the elites -nobles but nothing in between.

    playing audei gov 4 and mic 5


    ta

  11. #11
    Member Member Satyros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hellas
    Posts
    158

    Default Re: First Celtic Reform

    Hello , sorry for the threadomancy but I'm having trouble with my reforms .

    I have had my first reforms ( time of bondsmen ) as the casse and since I wasn't paying attention to my future roster at the time I don't know if everything works properly and this thread confused me a bit more . So below you have my Camulosadae roster ( I play as the Casse ) from a level 4 MIC already upgraded at least once after the reforms . I have been activating the script always , haven't forgotten it once . the other provinces don't have higher level MIC developed , they have either level 2 or 3 at the moment .

    So here goes :

    1. Sotaroas ( celtic archers )
    2. Iaosotae ( celtic slingers )
    3. Kluddobro ( celtic shortswordmen )
    4. Imannae ( militia skirmishers )
    5. Teceitos ( celtic axemen )
    6. Gaeroas ( celtic spearmen )
    7. Botroas ( souther gallic swordsmen )
    8. Uirodusios ( celtic naked spearmen )
    9. Milnaht ( belgae swordsmen )
    10. Calawre ( casse champions )
    11. Cidaihn ( celtic chariots )
    12. Drwdae ( celtic druids ) [ to be available after my level 5 MIC is built ]


    Is everything working properly , ? Which units did I get from my reforms ? Which units should I expect from future reforms ?

    Thank you for taking the time to answer and/or point me to a link with the details I want to know .

    Satyros
    Smell the battle in the wind, before you see us.Winterhorde of furyride, the wind will lead us.

  12. #12
    Σέλευκος Νικάτωρ Member Fluvius Camillus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands!
    Posts
    1,078

    Default Re: First Celtic Reform

    Quote Originally Posted by Satyros View Post
    Hello , sorry for the threadomancy but I'm having trouble with my reforms .

    I have had my first reforms ( time of bondsmen ) as the casse and since I wasn't paying attention to my future roster at the time I don't know if everything works properly and this thread confused me a bit more . So below you have my Camulosadae roster ( I play as the Casse ) from a level 4 MIC already upgraded at least once after the reforms . I have been activating the script always , haven't forgotten it once . the other provinces don't have higher level MIC developed , they have either level 2 or 3 at the moment .

    So here goes :

    1. Sotaroas ( celtic archers )
    2. Iaosotae ( celtic slingers )
    3. Kluddobro ( celtic shortswordmen )
    4. Imannae ( militia skirmishers )
    5. Teceitos ( celtic axemen )
    6. Gaeroas ( celtic spearmen )
    7. Botroas ( souther gallic swordsmen )
    8. Uirodusios ( celtic naked spearmen )
    9. Milnaht ( belgae swordsmen )
    10. Calawre ( casse champions )
    11. Cidaihn ( celtic chariots )
    12. Drwdae ( celtic druids ) [ to be available after my level 5 MIC is built ]


    Is everything working properly , ? Which units did I get from my reforms ? Which units should I expect from future reforms ?

    Thank you for taking the time to answer and/or point me to a link with the details I want to know .

    Satyros
    You have reached the time of bondsmen, time of soldiers will probably unlock Rycalawre(Casse late champions) and the swordmasters if I am not mistaking. Maybe some heavy cavalry too...

    ~Fluvius
    Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrius
    Oh my god, i think that is the first time in human history that someone cares to explain an acronym that people expect everybody to know in advance.
    I lived for three years not knowing what AAR is.

    Completed Campaigns: Epeiros (EB1.0), Romani (EB1.1), Baktria (1.2) and Arche Seleukeia
    1x From Olaf the Great for my quote!
    3x1x<-- From Maion Maroneios for succesful campaigns!
    5x2x<-- From Aemilius Paulus for winning a contest!
    1x From Mulceber!

  13. #13
    iudex thervingiorum Member athanaric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lusitania
    Posts
    1,114

    Default Re: First Celtic Reform

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluvius Camillus View Post
    You have reached the time of bondsmen, time of soldiers will probably unlock Rycalawre(Casse late champions) and the swordmasters if I am not mistaking. Maybe some heavy cavalry too...

    ~Fluvius
    Casse only get heavy cavalry in the Belgian provinces. Also, Cidainh become unavailable with the second reform.




    Swęboz guide for EB 1.2
    Tips and Tricks for New Players
    from Hannibal Khan the Great, Brennus, Tellos Athenaios, and Winsington III.

  14. #14
    Σέλευκος Νικάτωρ Member Fluvius Camillus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands!
    Posts
    1,078

    Default Re: First Celtic Reform

    Quote Originally Posted by athanaric View Post
    Casse only get heavy cavalry in the Belgian provinces. Also, Cidainh become unavailable with the second reform.
    "BEEP" WRONG!

    Meet the Argyn Marca (Caledonian Noble cavalry)!



    Regional though...

    ~Fluvius
    Last edited by Fluvius Camillus; 06-23-2009 at 22:39.
    Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrius
    Oh my god, i think that is the first time in human history that someone cares to explain an acronym that people expect everybody to know in advance.
    I lived for three years not knowing what AAR is.

    Completed Campaigns: Epeiros (EB1.0), Romani (EB1.1), Baktria (1.2) and Arche Seleukeia
    1x From Olaf the Great for my quote!
    3x1x<-- From Maion Maroneios for succesful campaigns!
    5x2x<-- From Aemilius Paulus for winning a contest!
    1x From Mulceber!

  15. #15
    iudex thervingiorum Member athanaric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lusitania
    Posts
    1,114

    Default Re: First Celtic Reform

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluvius Camillus View Post
    "BEEP" WRONG!

    Meet the Argyn Marca (Caledonian Noble cavalry)!



    Regional though...

    ~Fluvius
    They are medium cavalry really, even slightly "weaker" than their Celto-Germanic brethren. Their armour is little more than half that of Prodromoi.




    Swęboz guide for EB 1.2
    Tips and Tricks for New Players
    from Hannibal Khan the Great, Brennus, Tellos Athenaios, and Winsington III.

  16. #16
    Ming the Merciless is my idol Senior Member Watchman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    7,967

    Default Re: First Celtic Reform

    If you're looking for armoured cavalry, Casse are about as bad place to start as it gets...
    "Let us remember that there are multiple theories of Intelligent Design. I and many others around the world are of the strong belief that the universe was created by a Flying Spaghetti Monster. --- Proof of the existence of the FSM, if needed, can be found in the recent uptick of global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters. Apparently His Pastaness is to be worshipped in full pirate regalia. The decline in worldwide pirate population over the past 200 years directly corresponds with the increase in global temperature. Here is a graph to illustrate the point."

    -Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

  17. #17
    Member Member Satyros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hellas
    Posts
    158

    Default Re: First Celtic Reform

    Thank you guys , I got my second reforms a while ago , I believe that everything is working properly .

    So , on to helping our Aedui brothers in their war against the Romaioi .

    Satyros
    Smell the battle in the wind, before you see us.Winterhorde of furyride, the wind will lead us.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO